November 27, 2014 | 1723 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - Baby Grace

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2006 9:14:00 PM More reviews by just_like_gold

This is the strangest thing -- the perfume is actually thick. It sprays out and it has a certain density to it. I didn't like this at the beginning, or through the dry-down. Sometimes shower gels smell like diapers, yes? In a sense that they have this sort of peculiar clean? Normally I like these baby-powdery smelling things, or laundry, or anything fresh and crisp. This is somehow invasive. It smells not like a fresh clean scent on me, but like a flowery butt. And somehow that didn't work for me. Plus, it is very pervasive -- once it's sprayed, this stuff soaks in really well. A shower is needed to get rid of this stuff. It's also really expensive for what it is.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2006 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Soie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Initially I disliked this fragrance but now find its warm milk-bubblebath-babypowder scent to be quite comforting, yet surprisingly refreshing. Freshly sprayed it is a little peppery but quickly mellows out to a soft, milky, light-hearted floral

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2006 11:41:00 PM More reviews by bablondie25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love it. You can get the no-alcohol version. Decent/kind of pricey price. I love this scent over any in the Philosophy line. I do not like florals. This smells like a fresh baby, baby powder, or clean laundry. I tend to like it, but I do get sick of it after awhile and want to smell more girly. No one ever comments on this on me, probably b/c it is so subtle and just smells like I have fresh laundry on. I love Philosophy's packaging for sure. Wish I invented a multi-billion dollar company like this! (or at least worked for one), Oprah keeps catapulting Philosophy into superstardom!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2005 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Portae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I fell in love with the sample I received from Sephora. I recently purchased a bottle from Ebay, and I still love this. I will admit that it can be slightly cloying when I go through one of my "every-scent-makes-me-sick" phases. Still, it smells lovely-fresh (but not too sharp), sweet, and clean. Every time I wear this, some guy sniffs me and says, "You smell sooooo good!" I also love that people can't tell if it's my hair, my lotion, or my perfume. To me, that's the best kind of perfume scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2005 6:22:00 PM More reviews by sparky17

I wear this to work because it smells clean. It's not overly girlie and it's not incredibly strong. It's light enough that I can spray it all over before getting dressed and not smell like I just went rolling in a flower garden.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2005 9:33:00 AM More reviews by honeystix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

At first I didn't like this as much as Amazing Grace, but now I really do like the clean-sweet scent. It does remind me of Mr. Bubble, as others have commented. That said, this obviously doesn't have the feel of an expensive fragrance. It has something slightly "annoying about it" and actually I find that all the Philosophy fragrances do, yet I still like Baby Grace and Amazing Grace in small doses.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2005 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Maximina

I *love* baby scents but this one makes me feel nauseous. I think there must be a hefty dose of gardenia in it, gardenias mixed with tons of clean. Not my thing. Nauseating after a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2005 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Karen1977

I love this!

Normally, I am a fan of VERY grown up scents... I love Shalimar, various Chanels, Youth Dew, Oscar de la Renta, etc... but occasionally I like something girly for downtime. This fits the bill perfectly.

I love the powdery-sweet-pink-soapy smell of this fragrance.

It reminds me of the pink Avon bubble bath that my grandmother always let me use when I visited her house as a little girl. It also smells a lot like Clean's "Baby Girl" scent. I actually prefer this one, but like both. Also very similar to Philosophy's "Pure Grace"; but again, I prefer this one.

Only drawback is that this fragrance doesn't last very long at all. Clean's version lasts MUCH longer. Do what you will with that info. I like both and will continue to buy both... along with my more matronly scents. ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2005 8:53:00 PM More reviews by binker123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of my all-time favorite scents, and also one of the few I get complimented on. Clean, uncomplicated yet not simple, and very comforting. Only problem, as everyone notes, is the staying power. I have the weird non-alcohol version of this, thinking it might be better for my sensitive skin, but it lasts, no lie, less than a half an hour on me. Otherwise, this would get a 5, and almost certainly be my signature scent. C'est la vie!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2005 11:25:00 AM More reviews by fourthsangel

I LOVE this scent. It reminds me of(I know this is weird) when I used to stay with my grandparents on the the weekends when I was a kid and my grandma would get our of the shower and come in the den. She smelled just like this -maybe her powder? I dont know, but it reminds me of the GOOD TIMES.lol.My only complaint is that it does not last very long.