July 22, 2014 | 1718 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2010 6:48:00 PM More reviews by trnglinh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this primer. I find it of excellent quality but a little bit pricey since it doesn't last that long. It keeps the make up in its place all day long and doesn't clog my pores. Would definitely buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 8:30:00 AM More reviews by Victoria84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this as a large sample gift from Sephora for my VIP shopper birthday gift, and this stuff has my face mad shiny and it's only 8:30 a.m.!! Luckily, I brought my powder with me to fix this primer's problems.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2010 9:01:00 AM More reviews by selfishfrick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i've combination skin, and i got an oil free primer.
it doesn't do anything to my skin. it's a heavy and greasy, doesn't blend that well, doesnt give that smooth texture as other gel primers. my t-zone gets more oily with this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 11:12:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

One of my favourite primer! The texture is like a face cream, not like the smashbox photo primer(blend) where the texture is dry and powdery. It holds the foundation in place very well, it also even out my skin for my foundation to go on flawlessly. It is hydrating as well just like a face cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2010 4:26:00 PM More reviews by lojo699

Love this primer for 2 reasons: It helps my foundation stay on twice as long. Secondly, my foundation applies a lot smoother onto my face for a flawless finish. A staple for my makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by floralipke

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After tried several other primers, such as Smashbox, Chanel, MAC, I come back to Laura Mercier. I will say this is the ONE. Smashbox is good if you want to fill in fine lines and pores. Chanel is good but too expensive. MAC (not the SPF 50 one) won't hold the makeup through out the day. Laura Mercier primer make my liquid foundatioin stay on put and color true all day long! You need put little bit more (like pea size) to make it work better. I can't live without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 1:06:00 AM More reviews by oneofakind

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product a year ago when I was still wearing various liquid foundations - I hated it. It did nothing to preserve the foundation from coming off before the end of the day. Recently, I started using Bare minerals foundation which made my skin look so nice at the beginning of the day, but once again, by the end of the day looked like crap (still on in some areas, completely gone in others). I tried various changes in my skincare/makeup routine - ideally, I wanted dewy, consistent coverage that stayed on until the end of the day. The other day I randomly decided to give this primer another chance and I am SO glad I did. Apparently, it sucks for liquid foundation but is a MIRACLE for powder foundation. The first day I could not believe my eyes when I looked in the mirror after work. This was the piece to the puzzle that had been in my drawer the whole time! Highly recommend it for use with at least bare minerals foundation, not sure about other mineral or powder foundations.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by hezeru80

this is the firsst primer i have ever used, and now that i have tried, i dont want to ever wear foundation without it! I bought this after reading positive reviews from other users, and i am very happy. It is a clear gel consistency, unscented, neither drying nor sticky, and you don't feel it on your face. I use a mineral powder foundation, but lately have found with my skin getting dryer it has been going blotchy and flaky. So I have been using this primer underneath for 3 days now and everytime I am very pleased with how smooth and even the primer has made my foundation look. I also use less foundation now which means less caking and a more natural look, but still flawless. I suppose you can try various foundation formula, but the secret to a really great finish is actually using a primer underneath, and no cosmetic consultant has ever told me that! The primer also helps to make my make-up lasst longer, stops my face going oily withou drying it out. I can get away without using oil-blotting paper for longer now, probably just once or twice a day instead of every 2 hours. Definitely works for me

**Edit: don't know if that is normal but I keep noticing a rank smell from this primer, kinda offensive actually, even though ti doesn't affect its performance. Has it gone "off" or just its natural smell? Hmmmm.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by jmotluck

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After trying multiple primers, I find this one works for me. Smashbox has too much silicone, Giorgio Armani made me break out, Korres was just okay. I use this with the LM tinted moisturizer and it makes my skin look great!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by shiranthi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't live without this primer! I have tried a couple of others - MAC (for eg) but keep returning to this. Unlike MAC, the LM primer is clear and doesn't show up as a whitish film on my NC45 skin. My skin is dehydrated with only a little shine on the T-Zone in summer, so I mainly use this product to give lasting power to my makeup..and it does! I have tried the hydrating version also, which gives my skin a lovely glow. I don't use this in summer however as my skin gets a little bit of shine on its own.

Application: Only a pea size amount is required per application. The trick is to massage the product a little, between your fingers first, then massage lightly onto the face.