Clarins Hand and Nail Treatment Cream

4.1

Aqua/Water/Eau, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Myristate, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Pentylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Stearyl Heptanoate, Glycerin, Cetearyl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, Parfum/Fragrance, Allantoin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Unsaponifiables, Tetrasodium EDTA, Limonene, Commiphora Myrrha Resin Extract, Lecithin, Sodium PCA, Tapioca Starch, Dehydroacetic Acid, Palmitoyl Myristyl Serinate, Linalool, Caramel, Disodium EDTA, Morus Alba Root Extract, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Benzyl Benzoate, Citral, Geraniol, Eugenol, Tocopherol, BHT

on 8/19/2008 5:06:00 PM

This is my favorite hand creme ever! It isn't greasy and absorbs fast. I don't like waiting for my hand cremes to absorb so this one is nice. It has a light herbal smell that is not bad. I've had the 100mL / 3.5oz tube for nearly 3 months and is almost all done because I use hand creme so often. It so good that I have three smaller 50mL as back up stock. I just wish it wasn't so expensive...but I'd still buy it if there isn't a cheaper alternative.

My grandmother started giving me bottles of this a few years ago, and I've been a believer ever since. I get really dry cuticles, which leads to painful hangnails. This keeps my hands soft, and my nails and cuticles moisturized and healthy. I use a cream with sunscreen during the day, and this at night. This cream is a classic for good reason. It just works!

on 7/20/2008 4:25:00 PM

I thought Clarins had stopped making this for some reason & I rediscovered it at the airport recently. I absolutely love it, especially the fragrance which is so unique, kind of like the Clarins sunscreen. I think this hand cream is my hg, it moisturises so well and little goes a long way. I'm not happy about the price though, way too expensive but I will suffer that as I love it so much!

on 6/11/2008 5:31:00 AM

THE. BEST. There is no comparison!!
This won't float your boat if you have horrible dry or chapped hands. For some dryness and ragged cuticles, however, there can be no more wonderful product. I haven't ever encountered this almost mousse-ey, aerated texture, the heavenly almost herbal, sharp fragrance (remarked on by people around me when I put it on), the wonderful silky feel of my hands... plus this stuff helps prevent sweaty palms, how great is THAT? The downside: the massively expensive price, surely the most expensive handcream barring, like, La Mer. However, I'm sure I'll be tempted when my current duty free-tube is spent. If I'm ever overseas again, where it's substantially cheaper, I'm certainly stocking up on three tubes!

on 5/23/2008 11:55:00 AM

I love this hand cream - the best i have ever tried (and i have tried loads!), fab, nice light smell, sinks in well, no greasy feel at all, works very well, and does over time strengthen your nails.

on 5/8/2008 11:43:00 AM

This is my HG hand cream, sinks in easily, moisturises well, nourishes nails like no other hand cream i've tried and smells lovely. What more could you want?

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This outdoes the other hand creams I've tried (Neutrogena, L'Occitane, Aquaphor). Sinks in easily and keeps my hands soft. I bought this as a bit of an afterthought b/c I was traveling and had somehow nicked up my hands. It had been recommended to me before so I took a chance. Love it. Price is high, but it's worth it IMO. Lovely scent too.

on 3/14/2008 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I voted that I would buy this product again, but I have to say- I'm on the fence. I got this product in a gift bag ages ago, and I absolutely love it, but I feel like an idiot spending $30 on a not-large tube of hand cream. Maybe another round of paychecks and writing this review will swing me to the dark side- let's have a go.

This cream is amazing. It smells delicious, moistens like a dream, and is not greasy in any way. I love pulling it out of my purse and rubbing it on- I spend way too much money on various cosmetic products, but the Clarins handcream still always manages to feel like a luxury. So much so that when I left town sans hand cream last weekend, I darted into a store and asked to sample this stuff. The ladies behind the Clarins counter were not pleased when I slathered it on and went about my merry way. Maybe they know that it's stupid to spend $30 on hand cream and were hoping that I was enough of a sucker not to realize.

But, in the end, I'm probably the fool. When my swag tube runs out, I don't think I can go back to anything else. What do you know? The power of the fancy French Clarins cream pushed me off the fence mid-review.

11/07/2010 update: While I still like this cream, I've fallen in love with Caudalie's hand and nail cream. That one is a definite five-lippie product.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

this hand cream is the best. it lightened my sunspots and age spots yet is nongreasy. the scent is very mild. even though it is pricey, it works far better than any other hand cream i have tried.

If you are looking for an intense overnight style hand cream - this probably isn't the one for you. It is very light in texture, but still very soothing and moisturising.
I find it perfect for work, absorbs really quickly and makes my hands feel comfortable immediately.
I've only been using it for a little while but you wouldn't believe how many compliments I've gotten about the smell!
I really like this handcream and will repurchase.

Top Rated Clarins Products