September 30, 2014 | 1153 users online

Bronzers - Bobbi Brown - Bronzing Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2005 1:14:00 AM More reviews by 3blindmice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wear zero in Bobbi's foundations (ie Porcelain). I have really dark brown hair and I work in a department store under terrible soul sucking fluorescent lights. As you can all imagine, I usually look like death warmed over, and that's on a good day. I've had Bobbi's bronzing powder in Light for a while but was always reticent in using it, for fear that it would look really obvious. I started experimenting with it on weekends, and even under non-fluorescent condtions, it looks pretty darn good. It warms up my face enough that I don't look so pale. And the best part is, that at the end of the evening, I just wash it off and I'm right back to pale again. And I really can't get over how good it makes me look at work, I just look rested and healthy; you can't really tell I have on bronzer, my skintone is just a bit warmer and glowy. I've been using the Bobbi Face Blender brush to apply, and always follow with a hit of blush on the apples of the cheeks. Every once in a while, I go to town with this stuff and apply layer after layer just to see how far I can build the colour, and I never get any streaking or obvious lines, just a gradual deepening of colour.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2005 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Strollinkitn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very nice color. Looked great on my pale skin, not fake looking. Too bad it made me break out. Looked at the ingredients and there are a few no-nos for those of us with acne prone skin. I returned this to Nordstroms and will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2005 3:13:00 PM More reviews by amyaub

I am really impressed with this bronzer and I have tried a number of them out there. No sparkly so you don't come out looking like a disco ball. Also, gives a nice realistic bronze look with no orange. I have this in Medium and it really helps me look like I just came back from the islands. I was also impressed with the size of the compact. Pretty large so this should last a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2005 3:31:00 PM More reviews by galinphilly

I am a bronzer junkie, and this is one of my faves. Goes on evenly and leaves a glowing, even color similar to the day after your first day at the beach (after the reddish has settled down). I have light-medium skin, with yellow undertone, and I swapped for the BB Bronzing Powder in medium. I have been wearing it almost every day since I received 2 weeks ago. Makes me look healthy and well-rested. Definitely up there in HG territory.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2005 2:58:00 AM More reviews by devilzwind

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite bronzer. I am FFF/MMM Asian and this gives me a very natural, tan look. I wore this to my Christmas Ball and the pictures turned out fantastic! It's matte, so it's very natural. Not orangey or dirty at all on me. A great bronzer for those who just want to look naturally tanner!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2005 1:37:00 AM More reviews by jamied

I got this bronzer in Medium involuntary as it is a part of Nordstroms beauty kit. I was not at all thrilled to hear that there's a bronzer included in the kit because I had one in Light before and I hated it because it made my face look orangy and dirty. But oh my goodness! this one in Medium is now my truly HG bronzer! (just when I'm about to start liking my GA sheer bronzer #1 -_-') I apply this bronzer w/ my baby, Laura Mercier bronzer brush all over my face: cheeks, nose, forehead and still don't look dirty :D 4 thumbs up for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2005 1:20:00 AM More reviews by slaysuwan

By farthis is the best brozer for my pale yellow asian skin. I have this in light. It is super natural. It doesn't streak, doesn't turn orange and causes me no pimple. The plus point is that it has no shimmer in it which is perfect for a hot and humid weather hee in BKK. THe containner is nice. And it does last a long time. I use BB bronzer brush to apply it. If yopu one of those who like the natureal tan look. It worth paying for a nice bronzer and brozer brush like this. A++++

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2005 9:35:00 PM More reviews by tokyorose

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the few makeup products that I have remained loyal to for years. I am pale, but blotchy-pale, not creamy-pale, so bronzer is an absolute necessity. While the texture of this product isn't as silky as some of the newer bronzers out there, the color is the best that I have ever found. I use it in the lightest color, and it makes my pale yellow-toned skin look gently-sunkissed, with no orange tones. It is matte, which I prefer for my combo skin in the summer (although sometimes I use a sparkly one in the winter as needed). By way of comparison, I also own Sue Devitt, Stephane Marais, Becca, Guerlain, and a Kanebo one that is only available in Japan. The Kanebo one is the only one out of these that provides as natural a color on me. The only thing I really dislike about this product is the packaging--it is large, round and clunky, taking up too much space in my makeup bag. I really wish she would repackage this in a sleeker casing. Overall, however, this is one of the few color makeup products that I regularly use up and have repurchased many times.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2005 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Cutie11654

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While this color is pretty natural looking on me--it's nothing special. I also prefer bronzers w/ shimmer so this one's not my fave bc of that. I feel like you could get something of comparable quality for cheaper (this one retails at $28)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2005 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Loveyfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great bronzer. I am a PPP and I use the Medium color. It is not orangey and does not make me feel like I look weird. I have a fear of the bronzer but I bought this one and it is perfect. I used to use Stila's but I prefer the BB b/c it does not have shimmer.

It is a nice size, lasts forever. I use the BB bronzer brush as well, it works very well w/ the bronzer.