The Body Shop Body Butter - Cocoa Butter

4.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Cyclopentasiloxane (Emollient), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), MethylPARABEN (Preservative), PropylPARABEN (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Caramel (Colour), Yellow 5 (Colour)

on 5/11/2008 3:50:00 PM

One of my fav bodybutters. Other bodybutters from TBS have too strong scent, but this one doesn't. It smells creamy and moderately sweet. And makes my skin perfectly smooth :)

on 5/7/2008 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love The Body Shops body butters ... all of them make my skin feel sooo soft and healthy. BUT, I had bought this because the Sales Assc. recommended it since they were sold out of the Cocoa Butter Sticks. I used this for the purpose of preventing anymore stretchmarks to grow on my side, and it didn't work! The one at Walgreens, (I forget what the brand was called but its specifically made for stretchmarks) that was just $5 worked better than this. I wouldn't use this as my main body butter just for smooth skin because my boyfriend doesn't like the smell of cocoa butter.. so I use other scents. =P

on 4/17/2008 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I like this one - smells like a vanilla-y chocolate, creamy scented in a way. Not very strong, the coconut one is stronger scent-wise IMO, but I love the mini sizes...I can throw one in my purse and go. Well packaged and very hydrating - to me this is best for my hands and rough spots. Yes, it's greasy but it is a body butter. The scent, like I said is very nice and only slightly sweet, but I like them a bit stronger. Not horribly priced at $10 each, but you can get them chepaer on Ebay sometimes or they have BOGO sales on TBS website. If you are looking for a lightly scented vanilla-type body butter this one is for you. Will definitely repurchase!

on 4/8/2008 8:47:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

This is one of, if not my favourite Body Butter. I love everything about it! I fell in love with cocoa butter a long time ago when a pharmacist suggested it to help with the wintertime itchies, and even run of the mill cocoa butter lotions do help for that. However, this product does a much better job at healing itchy, red skin and soothing elbows and knees!

I've worn it through the cold winters and I have worn it while living in Asia in tropical weather. There it left my skin beautifully hydrated and smelling great. I could not find a great, inexpensive sunscreen where I was that wasn't pasty in texture so this helped to thin out the sunscreen and give my skin a sexy sheen.

I love the smell of this product too. It has a cleaner, more natural scent than other cocoa butter creams I find. Truthfully, my husband isn't big on cocoa butter, but my previous sweethearts have been. He's into the fruitier Body Butters, while I prefer the nuttier ones, but a male Body Shop SA once told me that Cocoa Butter Body Butter reminded him of "beaches and boys" and I agree. Yum!

The only problem with Body Butters is that they are so strongly scented that it's difficult to wear other fragrances with them as they become your primary scent, so choose wisely! Fortunately, Cocoa Butter and Ralph Hot are pleasant together.

I have purchased this four times and will continue to do so. I don't like the pots, but the texture of the butter is so thick I don't know what else they would be able to do!

on 4/2/2008 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is probably the best body moisturizer I have ever tried. In fact, I can't really think of anything that I *don't* like about this product. It's amazingly thick and buttery, but it glides over my skin so easily and feels like velvet going on. It's a heavier moisturizer so it does take a bit longer than your average body lotion to soak in but, for me, the results are completely worth it. After using this my skin gets the greatest glowy sheen to it, which I absolutely love. Also, the scent is great too. It's perfect because the scent is pleasant enough for me to enjoy on it's own (it's a soft, subtle, cocoa/vanilla/rice/shea kinda scent), but it also doesn't interfere with perfumes or other fragrances. Some think that this is too heavy for use in the summer, but I have dry skin so this works all year round for me. I think I'm done searching for the best body moisturizer- this is it, HG product!

I LOVE THIS!!!!!! it's a great moisturizer, it smells amaazzinngg, & it's really cheap, so you can buy tons of it.

on 1/30/2008 6:55:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

My favorite body butter from TBS! moisturizes even the driest of areas (scaly elbows or feet for instance) leaving your skin soft and glowing...abit sticky initially but then I do not use this all over my body (I still feel this product is a bit too over-priced so I'm not willing to use this up too soon)...smells absolutely yummy with a choco vanilic scent that's not too overpowering like the other fruity butters available. Exfoliate in the shower before applying for best results. Will definately re-purchase this one. 5 lippies!

on 1/7/2008 1:51:00 AM

This is luxurious and smells incredible. Its a real joy to use. This is a heavy body butter for dry, dry skin. Excellent for winter and probably year round for elbows and feet.

The scent is cocoa like, sensuous and very comforting. I use coconut (which isn't sweet but more cocoa scented) or almond body scrub and then this butter and am in heaven. A great product. continued >>

on 12/27/2007 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i LOVE this product. i have extremely dry ashy elbows and cracked heels and this butter allows me to have soft skin (that don't scratch other people when my elbows touch them) and the best thing about it is that for people who sometimes skip a day or two, the after effects remain! :) (for a couple of days) sometimes i don't use the butter for a day or two yet my elbows are still babysoft! no other lotion or cream that i have tried - from bath&body works, vaseline, baby lotion, etc has achieved what palmers has. :) FIVE STARS! :)

also good for dry lips

on 11/27/2007 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I simply love this body butter. It smells great and moisturizes perfectly. You can layer with perfumes and it won't change the smell. This is my fav and must have for the winter months. I tried other body butters and they are simply not moisturizing at all..only fake smell! This one is AWESOME...smell, texture, and moisturizing! LOVE IT LOVE IT!

Top Rated The Body Shop Products