September 19, 2014 | 1849 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Zryan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used countless bottles of this foundation as i have discovered it is the only foundation that is yet to break me out, which is surprising considering it is quite a full coverage foundation! I bought one very light shade and a dark shade so that I can mix according to my color throughout the year. While a pump would be a nice addition, it doesn't bother me that much as you can purchase them anywhere. I have very dry skin so I like to apply a lot of moisturizer to help it blend but that shouldn't be the case with oilier skins. I use my hands to apply the foundation when I'm lazy but I get the best application with the Real Techniques buffing brush. I'm not deducting a lippy for the price because, honestly, I'd spend a small fortune on anything I'm about to put on my acne-prone skin if it means I won't breakout! Last along time also.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by clay2626

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried this foundation in several colors, Sand, Desert Beige and Tawny, I loved how this foundation stayed on all day though I do have to blot a couple of times a day. In summer this is my foundation of choice. My main problem was the color matches, Sand was too light, Desert Beige too pink and Tawny too dark.
    The new color Dawn 2W1 is the best match I have had, it seems to be what a mix of Sand and Tawny would be like. The new foundation seems to be less thick and cakey which I like, some people on the Estee Lauder website are not too happy about this new change but I for one prefer it. The colors have changed so you might want to go to the website and see them or try a sample at a store before buying.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by blackcattt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Thank for putting up with my skin's rebellious past and constant nagging for care. Suffered through the adolescent stage where acne was unforgiving and mistakes were made where acne scars are present along with pigmentation. With sensitive skin, this does not break me out even when it has sunscreen in it. It amazingly puts up with my oily skin, lessens the redness and with a good powder the scars and pores are minimized. Therefore it does have a thick consistency so do not apply so generously. I believe there are new colors, which after I am done with my latest bottle, will see if there are better matches.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by jasmina1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

-I have really oily skin and this stays on throughout the day. The foundation last all days from it time and put it on (which during a school day would be around 6:30 - 7 am) until I get home (around 5pm). So that's about ten hours, put if I were to go out after the ten hour mark I would take it off, wash my face, and reapply. I have try the Revlon color stay but after six hours my face would be so oily but the foundation would slip off and melt away.
    - Coverage is good, for me I would say it is a medium coverage foundation. I have pigmentation from acne (red spots from where a zit used to be and it take months for it to fade away) and it covers the older, lighter stops but not the recent, darker spots.On days when I want lighter coverage I would mix the foundation with my lotion. It is a matt finish. The only reason I don't give it a five is because when I try to get the foundation to be a full coverage foundation (it hid my spots) it cakes up around the nose and mouth area.
    -This foundation has a wide range of colors to choose from

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Leesha411

this is my overall HG foundation! i have very sensitive red skin that breaks out with pretty much anything i put on it! i use to use revlon colorstay but then decided to try this one and i LOVE it! it covers all of my redness and blemishes very well. i always use a layer of hard candies glamoflouge concealer and then i only need one layer of this foundation. my only complaint is the packaging, really wish their was a pump. i apply this foundation with the elf powder brush and i get a flawfless finish. love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by jen1103

I have ditched my Lancome Teint Idole Ultra for this. It is much more matte for my oily skin and actually stays on all day as claimed. Lancome does not. I love the full coverage but soft look. I still need concealer (I bought the DW concealer to matvh and love it also) to cover major blemishes. I am happy with this makeup. My daughter always tells me how pretty I look when I am wearing this and as long as you rub it in, it's pretty goof proof. Also doesn't make me break out like Revlon ColorStay for oily skin did.
    My biggest gripe is the packaging. For the price, I would have expected a pump! Really, I need to just dump it out into my hand? Boo, Estee Lauder, for that one!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by purplelili

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect foundation ever!!! I have tried so many foundations but double wear gives you a real porcelain baby doll look. Coverage is perfect! When I use it, all my friends say that I have a perfect make up on my face. I have an oily skin and this foundation is definitely for people who have oily skin. I highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by shalini14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

hi beautiful ladies...

i just loved estee lauder dw. i would recommend to all those ladies who are looking for full flawless coverage which stays looooong. ur skin look neatly covered and beautiful throught the day irrespective of the weather.
    just remember to moisturise ur skin completly before applying eldw.

i will surely buy it again.

happy holiday:)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Jasmine19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading all the great reviews and because I heard it was safe for acne-prone skin but it still broke me out. Thankfully I have my acne under control but everytime I would use this product I would breakout.

I also didn't like the way it made me look. It looked cakey and terrible in pictures. Plus I have deep acne scars from years of cystic acne and this makeup just made them show even more. It's just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by rachelmarie25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation, it covers up everything and I mean everything, I apply with the beauty blender sponge and it leaves me with a airbrushed flawless looking face, the only one thing I will say is that for someone with very very dry skin I dont think this would be suitable as it can stick to dry skin and look very cakey, but if you've got oily or combination skin or even just slightly dry skin and you want a matte foundation that covers every flaw then this is perfect and it lasts until you decide to wash it off at night (on me anyway) I dont know why there's so many people complaining about it having no pump because it's really not that bad, I just slowly tip a small amount in to the lid then pour on to my hand that way you dont waste any product, it is the most I've ever spent on foundation but it's worth every penny, I also dont need to wear concealer or powder with this, I went to a estee lauder counter in boots and the lady picked the perfect shade for me then applied it to my face and first impressions were that it looked awful and cakey and my skin looked so dry especially on my nose but I really wanted to love this so I took a sample home, the following morning I cleansed and moisturized my face and applied the foundation with beauty blender sponge and it looked and felt amazing and it looked exactly the same at the end of the day so I went ahead and bought a bottle and I love it! I would recommend getting a sample first as this might not be suitable for everyone.