April 19, 2014 | 1562 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by CarolynK70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best foundation I have ever used. I do have a even skin tone so a little goes a long way for me. I actually had a MAC employee ask me what I was wearing and she also fell in love with it. I would totally repurchase this!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Clarke2513

I love this foundation as I have quite bad acne if cover anything !!! :) however the formula has kinda changed a little only in terms of color really , the old bottle with the white writing on it was a lot better in terms of color :) the new ones with the blue writing on the bottle are definitely darker and more orange however the coverage and other stuff is still the same but I just don't know how they can have the same names even tho the new colors are blatantly different anyway with the new formula I just kinda went a shade down but it's still too dark so if your are using the new formula one just buy a couple of shades lighter than you used to buy with the old one ... Still the best full coverage foundation I have ever had me and both my sister have used it for years now , and I have tries makeup forever hd , smash box studio fix plus , Dior forever , Dior nude , revolt photo finish , double wear max cover , benefit and you name it and I will always go back to this is skit so reliable and amazing , however I have noticed even tho makeup artist all go on about primer all the primers I have used with this don't work so I have now stopped using primer with this :) however I do mix it with some benefit high beam and it goes on perfectly when I apply with a stippling brush and also when I wear this with primer and sleep in it over night it rubs off but when I don't wear primer it stay on all overnight and doesn't budge :) best foundation. Out there !!!! :) worth the price , could have a better bottle like a pump because pouring does waste quite a bit :) but other than that it's top notch !!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Julip9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At last, the Holy Grail has been found. I am 53 with normal to dry skin, and after all these years of trying EVERYTHING out there, I finally thought I'd try THE best known one, and I am so pleased, the colour match is perfect and it makes my skin look really youthful not too dewy, and not matte. One bug bear is that I have waited this long.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 7:27:00 AM More reviews by Riotrachael

I do love estee Lauder's double wear foundation, I have used it for a couple of years now and originally the high coverage attracted me to the product as at the time I had bad acne and wasn't looking after my skin properly. However, recently as I see everyone else has commented on the new formula and colour shades. I used to wear "shell" which was perfect for my skin one as I am very pale, but now due to it not being available anymore I wear ecru. This colour is too dark and oxidises throughout the day which gives me that dreaded orange face. Conversely, as I have started looking after my skin a lot more i decided to try the double wear light in the lightest shade (intensity 0.1) this foundation has a more natural finish which I surprisingly like compared to the matte finish you get from the original double wear. Double wear light has roughly the same amount of coverage, it covers my dark spots and discolouration and overall feels so much lighter on my skin which must be better for my pores right? The colour is still that little bit too dark for me but is much better than "ecru". Also, the double wear light formula is much thinner and easier to blend out for beginners.
Hope this is helpful for everyone else who is as ghostly as me!

Ps: if Estée Lauder brings out "shell" again I would definitely repurchase for nights out and times I have an oily day.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Moveludacris69

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is awesome my skin is sooooo oily and this is the foundation that lasts the longest but i have tried EVERYTHING! The only con is that it is pricey but worth it and you do have to touch up with powder as it does get shiny just use a good primer and powder i use nars powder

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Makeupfortheages

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Estée Lauder is catching a lot of heat about the reformulation. I don't know why. I used the original formula for years and stopped because I thought it was giving me skin issues It wasn't the foundation it was just my skin changing when I hit 40 :-(. When I figured out it wasn't they foundation, cured the problem, and heard about the new formula I decided to try it out. I went down and was color matched to honey bronze. I was she'll beige in the original formula. I came home with a sample and tried it out . I am very happy with the color. It's more yellow based and that's great for me. I did notice it was thinner, but I'm ok with that too. It doesn't feel as heavy and doesn't settle in my lines. Yay. It did seem to lose a bit of longevity. My oily nose seemed to oil it off a bit sooner , but not that much sooner. The coverage is just as good. I have a sun spot that it covered wonderfully. I used my beauty blender to apply it and it looked awesome. Overall I love the new formula. One suggestion ESTEE LAUDER PUT A PUMP IN THIS FOUNDATION.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Redroz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I decided to try the Double Wear Regular after being disappointing with the dryness of the Maximum Coverage, but loving the coverage on my scarring and rosacea. I had to layer the Double Wear Regular on to get even a little coverage and the color was a little off. It also had no staying power. About half way through the day it was wearing off and I had to start layering concealer and powder all over my face. I ended up with two foundations I couldn't use, so I decided to mix them together and WOW IT WORKED!!!! I got the full coverage of the Maximum Coverage and the smoothness of the Regular. It did not budge all day and I still looked flawless when I got home from work. This also solved my slightly off color match. When I mixed them together I got the perfect shade. I recommend that you go to the counter and ask for some samples in colors close to yours. I got samples of the Maximum Cover in creamy vanilla and very light, and the Double Wear Regular in Ivory Nude. After applying wait for it to set, because the Maximum Cover makes the foundation dry a little lighter than it looks right away, and then check the color in various lights (indoor, sunlight, fluorescent). The perfect combo for me was Maximum Cover Very Light and Double Wear Regular in Ivory Nude, followed with a touch of Double Wear Ivory Nude powder. After years of searching I have finally found my Holy Grail makeup!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by khalas22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I like it very much , i am very happy that I discovered this products

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Curcan

All these reviews are pretty accurate in my opinion. EL DW is a great foundation that lasts the whole day and this is VERY IMPORTANT. Should you find the right color and prep your skin with a rich hydrating creme before, this will look fabulous. Colors are a bit weid, BUT, i have to say that i really like the new formula aaaand the new warm shades also. its deff a go to foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by emzo889

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

Eh....Well, I looovvved this at first - when the lady tried it on me, it was just wow. My perfect foundation is flawless, matte, full coverage, gives a sort of neutral perfect base to your skin, and this definitely did do that at first.
However, I've never gotten that same effect since then, no matter what I seem to do - I've tried different brushes etc, but it just looks a bit orangey, and my skin's been quite dry lately so this foundation is actually a complete pain to blend. my friend pointed out i'd missed a chunk of my face at school one day, even though i'd been blending for ten minutes in the morning. The staying power is okay - stays put well enough on oily skin. But it just doesn't look the same as it did :(
Overall, if it always gave that "first time" effect, I would be in love with this foundation right now, but I think it's just too mature for my 15 year old teenage skin. It's too heavy, a bit too orangey when placed next to my old foundations, and a pain to blend.