April 18, 2014 | 1825 users online

Treatments - Olay - Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 4:21:00 AM More reviews by ladywednesday

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I am convinced this product is the reason people think I am 10 years younger than my actual chronological age.
I started using this when I was...maybe 27 or 28. I will turn 37 this year, and most people still guess my age at 28. And I still engage in that wretched smoking habit.
I have used this product religiously, morning and night, for almost a decade. I don't consider it a moisturizer- it's a serum. A skin treatment, a la DHC terminology. Every other facet of my skin care regimen has changed through the years, but this has been the constant.
One should not apply this like a cream. Once upon a time, I only used a spare dime sized amount. Now I use 1 pump for each side of my face, with the excess for my forehead- this is plenty. Whatever night cream I am using goes on after this has soaked into my skin. I have read that some people break out using this- possibly because of using too much product.
I love Olay products. Even though it is drugstore, it has always worked for me. I can easily find it, and I shirk at the idea of paying $100s of dollars for facial care. I remember my mother always using Ponds and Olay (back when it was Oil of Olay) and she looks 20 years younger than her actual age.

Yes, this is my HG. :) I hope it works as well for you!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2010 2:12:00 AM More reviews by aliceaddict

Tried it once, one pump on my face. Had a horrible all-over breakout the next day. Returned it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by simonss

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Hi all, this is a great product for my mild dermatitis that affects me when I 'm under stress and taken antibiotics. Paula Begoun says that niacinamide repairs the intercellular matrix on the surface of the skin and that makes sense, because niacinamide is the key ingredient in this line. I don't really like the texture because it feels slippery from the dimethicone in the product. But I will tolerate it because it is the only product that works for me, after trying over 30 products that claim to calm sensitive skins. Note: DYI skincare with niacinamide powder bought on line do not work. Olay's version of it is far superior.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 2:06:00 AM More reviews by dlamsw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Excellent serum to use before the night cream. Adds extra strength to seal in the moisture and makes the skin silky-smooth. For a drugstore item, it's tad bit expensive. Luckily, a thin layer is all I need, so a 50ml bottle last for a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2009 11:00:00 AM More reviews by karen2829

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product claims to "Hydrates for firmer, visibly lifted, younger-looking skin without drastic measures. Instantly the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles is softened and skin's texture is improved. Over time your skin will be visibly firmer and more elastic"

I have pretty good skin with the exception of the monthly pimple. I have some fine lines on my forehead ( well it's actually just one) and some fine lines in my eye area. I got this product because I need something extra to combat these problems ( included the dullness I am getting due to the colder weather) I used the product 2x a day , at night and in the morning under my make-up. The serum did not dry my face and it provided a little moisture ( for day I still used my moisturizer+spf ). To be honest this felt like a glorified primer. It glided on my skin and provided a great base for my mineral make-up. I personally did not see any change in my fine lines. I will say that this was very mild and did not cause any redness/irritation and or blackheads/whiteheads. If I were to use this a primer it's a good thing since some primers tend to clog the skin. I was hoping that this product would change the tone but in the time I used it I did not see any change. My face did feel moisturized but that's about it. I am not sure if this helped my make-up stay longer since I use mineral make-up and it has staying power on it's own. I will continue using it as a primer in the morning until it's done but I will not re-purchase. I am using ROC Deep Wrinkle Serum with amazing results ! My face is glowing !

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by starsdotu

it worked great at first, making my skin soft and even seemed to lighten my acne marks! i continued using it for a few days only find my skin breaking out A LOT. i stopped using it and my skin is starting to heal again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2009 10:58:00 PM More reviews by taitiana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so disappointed. I used this for about 6wks. Never saw a change in my skin/acne/fine lines and winkles. And the serum is so thick that once it starts getting to the bottom of the bottle, the pump can no longer pump it out, so you end up wasting the last 1/4 of serum. I will say though that it did feel velvety soft on my skin. But I am not willing to pay so much $$$ just for a velvety feel.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 5:32:00 PM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this serum everyday as a moisturizer and it's been working fine. The one I have comes with "touch of sun" so it gives me a bit of a boost on my (lack of) tan. I love the pump bottle. However, I haven't seen any miracle results of my skin. At night I use the definity re-energizing serum. .

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2009 3:48:00 PM More reviews by mazi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like the ideas of using serums, this one smells really nice and makes your skin glow at first. However, I am disappointed as I noticed no visible reduction in fine lines or skin texture after using for quite some time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2009 9:51:00 PM More reviews by dopalives

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this because it's not greasy. I haven't seen any miraculous results, but I have to be careful since my skin is so oily to begin with. Doesn't burn or sting. Glides on smoothly. Smell is fine. It doesn't feel too heavy or thick. I'll keep using it.