September 2, 2014 | 1797 users online

Treatments (Face) - Olay - Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 10:11:00 PM More reviews by jadie6t

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I didnt like this product at first coz i feel the dimetichone is making me feel greasy...afraid that it might give me breakouts as well..but thank god it didnt..it made my skin feels so soft and supple the next day after applying at nite before sleep..after using my bha of course :D dont need to apply any other moisturiser as i have combi skin..dont wanna make my skin too oily and break it out..

the downside abt this will be the packaging..i dont know why this thing doesnt come with a cap...always have to put it back into the weird oval packaging to keep it away from dust..but overall its worth a buy and i will definitely repurchase!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2010 2:38:00 AM More reviews by shaiomay1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this product for a few nights and at my skin was soft , but I also had breakouts between my lower lip and chin. I would prefer to have clear skin than soft skin, so I was disappointed in this product. I will never buy again. I ended up giving it to my mother =) Hopefully, she won't break out from it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2010 12:45:00 AM More reviews by shopw8oomuch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this for two weeks and my skin was so soft and smooth for the first 2 or 3 days. After that, I noticed that I started breaking out. The consistency reminds me of the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer which ironically, also had the same effect on my skin. (Soft and smooth, followed by breakouts). I wonder if they share a common ingredient? Unfortunately I can't find my receipt so I'm going to just use this for under my eyes at night. The pump feature on it is quite nice. A little goes a long way. I can see this working for someone with less sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by lilorchid82

This is not a moisturizer...or maybe it'd be adequate if you had really oily skin. I've got combo skin. So I always have to apply another moisturizer on top. I'm still pretty young and have good genes, so I can't say for the effects yet. But I like the ingredient list. I choose my skin care products first based on Paula Begoun's advice, and then whatever actual users on MUA says works best for them. So I'm going to keep using this product in hopes that it will keep me looking young as I approach the big 3-0:)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 12:21:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Somewhat smoothing. Feels great on the skin. Smells good.

CONS: I don't think it actually did anything for my skin.

USAGE TIPS: I saw a MUAer here say she loves this as a primer. But you need to apply the foundation very quickly after this because this dries up very quickly compared to actual primers.

ALTERNATES: If using as a primer, Estee Lauder's Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refresher can be used in the same way (if you don't mind spending more.) Derma E has a lovely hyaluronic acid serum.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 10:28:00 AM More reviews by benbaymom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this serum. I received a sample of this and after using it a couple of days, I bought the full size. I don't think it's that expensice compared to other serums, even other drug store brands, and it works great. I use it at night, under my night time moisturizer, and it makes my skin so soft. I haven't had any breakouts and I really feel like it helps with my fine lines. I will continue to buy this, it's a staple for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 4:21:00 AM More reviews by ladywednesday

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I am convinced this product is the reason people think I am 10 years younger than my actual chronological age.
I started using this when I was...maybe 27 or 28. I will turn 37 this year, and most people still guess my age at 28. And I still engage in that wretched smoking habit.
I have used this product religiously, morning and night, for almost a decade. I don't consider it a moisturizer- it's a serum. A skin treatment, a la DHC terminology. Every other facet of my skin care regimen has changed through the years, but this has been the constant.
One should not apply this like a cream. Once upon a time, I only used a spare dime sized amount. Now I use 1 pump for each side of my face, with the excess for my forehead- this is plenty. Whatever night cream I am using goes on after this has soaked into my skin. I have read that some people break out using this- possibly because of using too much product.
I love Olay products. Even though it is drugstore, it has always worked for me. I can easily find it, and I shirk at the idea of paying $100s of dollars for facial care. I remember my mother always using Ponds and Olay (back when it was Oil of Olay) and she looks 20 years younger than her actual age.

Yes, this is my HG. :) I hope it works as well for you!

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2010 2:12:00 AM More reviews by aliceaddict

Tried it once, one pump on my face. Had a horrible all-over breakout the next day. Returned it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by simonss

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Hi all, this is a great product for my mild dermatitis that affects me when I 'm under stress and taken antibiotics. Paula Begoun says that niacinamide repairs the intercellular matrix on the surface of the skin and that makes sense, because niacinamide is the key ingredient in this line. I don't really like the texture because it feels slippery from the dimethicone in the product. But I will tolerate it because it is the only product that works for me, after trying over 30 products that claim to calm sensitive skins. Note: DYI skincare with niacinamide powder bought on line do not work. Olay's version of it is far superior.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 2:06:00 AM More reviews by dlamsw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Excellent serum to use before the night cream. Adds extra strength to seal in the moisture and makes the skin silky-smooth. For a drugstore item, it's tad bit expensive. Luckily, a thin layer is all I need, so a 50ml bottle last for a while.