Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Niacinamide, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide 3, Tocopheryl Acetate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Allantoin, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Bis PEG/PPG 14/14 Dimethicone, PEG 10 Dimethicone, PEG 100 Stearate, PEG 10 Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Metabisulfite, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Fragrance

on 6/18/2010 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got this product to use during the summer instead of a lotion. I heard it was lighter than my usual daily moisturizer and several used it for primer. I noticed after a couple of days that the pores on my cheeks, nose and chin are enlarged using this and it makes my skin much more oily than a normal moisturizer like Cetaphil. By midday my face looks like an oil slick and I'm typically not very oily.

The only pro I can find is that it feels so smooth when you put it. Of course that could be the number of silicones in it. I would NOT recommend this to anyone that is combo or oily.

on 5/21/2010 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Wow, I can't believe more people don't like this stuff, AND that people don't notice results after using it. I noticed a remarkable difference after the FIRST USE. My skin was much smoother and softer to the touch than before. The entire 'Regenerist' line acts very similarly in that it reveals softer, smoother skin. Does it make me look younger? I can't say for sure, but I do know my skin is softer because of it. I've been using it for years now and won't be without it. I buy it at Costco in the extra large size (lasts me about 6 months used nightly)

on 5/16/2010 9:58:00 AM

This serum applies well, it glides silkily onto my skin. The fragrance isn't too overwhelming. But other than that, I can't seem to see any reduction in fine lines, improvement in skin tone, uber moisturised skin etc. Worse, it seems to be quite heavy in silicones and broke me out after just two nights of continued use.

on 4/30/2010 5:09:00 AM

I was interested in the niacinamide and amino-peptide component that was supposed to help improve skin. I only used it at night for 2 nights, and it gave me little red bumps on my cheeks. I also noticed clogged and enlarged (a little red as well) pores on my forehead. Granted that my skin is a little sensitive, I am not prone to acne, this seem to cause a sensitive reaction. After reading the reviews here, I find that I am not the only one who had a reaction after using it, seems to be quite common. Speculate that it could be the silicones, or I could be sensitive to some of the chemical components. Or it could also be due to parabens, as I had switch to products without parabens for a while. Definitely will not reconsider again!

on 4/22/2010 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I do really like this product, it works really well on my skin. I've gotten a couple of compliments that I look very "radiant" "healthy" but I'd buy the fragrance free one next time.

I'm not expect it to reverse signs of aging. But I'm hoping it will improve the condition of my skin, which isn't all that bad to begin with, just a few fine lines, a little dry but could use perking up and some sun damage control. It does keep it feeling pretty nice all day. and it's nice to have something on before having to slop sun creme on my face.

I'd give it a 5 except for the slight irritation with fragrance. Next time will get the fragrance free version.

on 4/13/2010 2:12:00 AM

Nice shimmer and fragrance, but irritated my skin. Would not buy again.

on 4/6/2010 10:11:00 PM

I didnt like this product at first coz i feel the dimetichone is making me feel greasy...afraid that it might give me breakouts as well..but thank god it didnt..it made my skin feels so soft and supple the next day after applying at nite before sleep..after using my bha of course :D dont need to apply any other moisturiser as i have combi skin..dont wanna make my skin too oily and break it out..

the downside abt this will be the packaging..i dont know why this thing doesnt come with a cap...always have to put it back into the weird oval packaging to keep it away from dust..but overall its worth a buy and i will definitely repurchase!!

on 4/4/2010 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried this product for a few nights and at my skin was soft , but I also had breakouts between my lower lip and chin. I would prefer to have clear skin than soft skin, so I was disappointed in this product. I will never buy again. I ended up giving it to my mother =) Hopefully, she won't break out from it.

on 3/17/2010 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried this for two weeks and my skin was so soft and smooth for the first 2 or 3 days. After that, I noticed that I started breaking out. The consistency reminds me of the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer which ironically, also had the same effect on my skin. (Soft and smooth, followed by breakouts). I wonder if they share a common ingredient? Unfortunately I can't find my receipt so I'm going to just use this for under my eyes at night. The pump feature on it is quite nice. A little goes a long way. I can see this working for someone with less sensitive skin.

on 2/20/2010 10:37:00 PM

This is not a moisturizer...or maybe it'd be adequate if you had really oily skin. I've got combo skin. So I always have to apply another moisturizer on top. I'm still pretty young and have good genes, so I can't say for the effects yet. But I like the ingredient list. I choose my skin care products first based on Paula Begoun's advice, and then whatever actual users on MUA says works best for them. So I'm going to keep using this product in hopes that it will keep me looking young as I approach the big 3-0:)

Popular Treatments (Face)