Estee Lauder Maximum Coverage Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

Isododecane, Isohexadecane, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Microcrystalline Wax, Kaolin, Cholesterol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Sandalwood Extract,tocopheryl Acetate, Linoleic Acid, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Bisabolol, Silica, Propylene Carbonate, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Polyethylene, Dimethyl Octenol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Bht, Ci 77019/Mica, Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491/Ci 77492/Ci 77499/Iron Oxides, Ci 77163/Bismuth Oxychloride, Ci 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ci 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens

on 5/24/2010 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Hmmm, I had a tube of this hanging around for a long time and I saw the reviews so I tried it again. I like it but I don't like it, hence the 3 lippies. I remember loving it before, but lately my skin has been so dry. i usually can get by with my tm over Garnier's moisturizer and then my makeup goes on smoothly without making my pores look big and emphasizing lines, etc. That didn't happen with this foundation for some reason. My skin still looks dry and the EL makes every pore visible and it looks cakey. I'm going to play around with primers etc., and maybe when it gets more humid my skin will be more hydrated and this will look "right." If I find it looks better, after playing around with it, I will update.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is the mother of all full coverage foundations.
It covers anything beautifully with a very natural finish. How is this even possible? it just is and does. if you need a full cover and are lucky enough to find a shade with the limited shades avalible, then youll fall inlove with this.

on 5/8/2010 1:11:00 PM

I finally understand when someone finds their holy grail becuase I beleive that I just did. I am always in search of the next best thing and to be honest havent found anything that compares. Within the last few months alone I have tried Chanel, Bobbi Brown, Lancome, Clarins and Shiseido( these are the ones I remember..lol) basically there are more but I would be here all day listing them. I happen to find this at one of the Company Stores in Manhattan for about half of what it goes for in the department stores. I ended up getting this color in believe tan which was alittle to dark for me. This is a highly concentrated foundation/ concealer so truly alittle does go a long way. I find that on its own it may look alittle too matte for my taste. I prefer more of a dewey look so I mix it with Stilas Illuminating Tinted moisturiser and Voila an absolutley beautiful finish with superb coverage. Yes even mixed with something else. when first applied it may look like it has a slight greyish tone to it but it doesnt stay that way it melts right to your skin and looks absolutely beautiful and natural. It doesnt make your pores look enlarged and doesnt look like it will settle into fine lines..the way I use it anyway. I have no breakouts from this and I wear it every single day. Again I use this mixed with moisturiser so using it on its own will obviously be different. Ladies give this a try I truly dont think you will be dissappointed. It is worth the price ten times over and will last you a long time especially mixed with something else. The tube is awesome no lugging around a bottle although I never feel the need to touch up during the day with it. Please let me know what you think!

on 4/16/2010 6:56:00 AM

I sometimes have days when I don't care if everybody can tell I'm wearing foundation, I just can't stand to look at all the spotting and freckles and all anymore. That's when I add a pea-sized amount of this to my regular foundation (Almay TLC in Buff). The foundation then goes on a lot like *greasepaint*, meaning it needs to be rubbed in, tamped in, and blended like crazy. I have no color problem when I use it this way, though I have to spend at least 5 minutes blending 2 blushes and a bronzer in all over, to prevent me from looking like a geisha. I still end up looking like I'm wearing a heavy base, with a bit of crepiness in dry areas.

This morning I tried adding a smidge to my moisturizer, skipped my usual foundation, and that turned out ok. Not as mask-like, not quite as cakey. Still ok coverage. Then I went back and filled in a few areas, and that worked very nicely. It still looks like makeup though, no hiding that. Does go crepey under the eyes.

Because none of the colors match me (I'm NC20 or so, using Creamy Ivory - Vanilla is a better match but too orange), I'd never use this as a solo foundation, always as a blender or spot concealer - I think the concealer will be its most frequent use. Which of course means it will last forever.

Overall satisfied, concealers have never really done the whole job for me, and the price is fine since it'll last forever. Do try it if you come across it, but don't expect it to be your only foundation all by itself. It's really a blender to add coverage, and a concealer that works well. Does not stay matte, you will need to carefully powder to avoid looking double-cakey.
EXFOLIATE EXFOLIATE EXFOLIATE, or it will cling to any particle of dry skin.
update: After using this all over for about a week, I got a series of cystic acne all over; this is now a once-in-a-while for all over, though I'll continue using it as a spot concealer.

on 4/13/2010 9:42:00 PM

This is an HG concealer for me. It covers my blemish scars and some hyperpigmentation spots. I was told that some plastic surgeons use this to cover facial bruising after face-lifts. It has a lightweight, oil-free finish with full coverage. It has never caused my combo/acne skin to break out. Love it!

on 4/13/2010 9:25:00 PM

I love this stuff. It is not available in Canada so had to get it in the USA on one of my trips. Very light with fantastic coverage. Amazing stuff.I did not break out using it. Lasts all day. Not many colors to choose from but vanilla works for me. I would recommend this highly if you want great coverage.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Amazing!! I was putting off buying this foundation for awhile, until the other day I was at the Estee Lauder counter in Bloomie's. It was just one of those awful days, so I gave in and bought it in Creamy Vanilla. I am actually quite fair, but the SA insisted that Creamy Ivory was too light for me...I have only used Max Cover for a few days since, so I'm not positive about the color yet...I somehow feel like it's too orangey. Otherwise, I love the smooth, weightless feel of the product on my face, its ease of application, and its longevity. I have a few small, pitted acne scars on one side of my face, and a few other scars around my chin and cheeks, but this did wonders for me, covering it up without causing me to look like an IHOP pancake. It is replacing DermaBlend Cover Creme, for sure.

on 3/18/2010 10:02:00 AM

I've seen all the reviews for this foundation and I really wanted to try it myself. I have quite a lot of scars on my face from severe acne, that has left my face with red scars and slightly pitted, I was using clinique continuous coverage and it was just too cakey and made me feel clogged up and dirty to be honest. I have been using this estee lauder foundation for 4 days now and I love it, its so light, yet covers everything, and my skin doesn't feel like its heavily layered with make up, I have really greasy skin and it stays on so well. I have tried every single high coverage foundation out there and this I can say is the best I have had, I'm gonna stop searching for the perfect foundation, bcoz I've got it now, I have it in the lightest shade and it matches my tone perfectly. thnx estee lauder

on 3/13/2010 2:34:00 AM

God awful experience with this product. So the SA sets me up with 07 medium/deep and it was a horrrrible match. It gave me a dark tanned pink face. so gross. and the texture was dry and looked terrible.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this foundation!! The absolute best I have ever found for oily skin – and I’ve been searching for a very long time. Just a tiny bit of this makeup covers everything in its tracks, from freckles, to sunspots, to acne blemishes. I normally apply it with my fingertips because a foundation brush wastes too much product. All you need is a pea-sized drop, and then you can apply it over your entire face, much like you would apply a moisturizer. It does dry fast, so either apply in small sections or very quickly over your whole face. You don’t need to use any concealer on dark under eye circles, or acne marks – this makeup will seriously cover EVERYTHING! One of my biggest battles has been finding a foundation that will not fade on my oily skin. This stays color-true all day long, for 16 hours plus. Granted, I do need to use a setting powder otherwise it only stays put for about 8 hours, but even at 8 hours it far outlasts any other foundation. Also, it feels super light weight and looks like your natural skin, rather than feeling like a mask. It’s water resistant too – great for summer wear. Would highly recommend this to anyone who can’t seem to get makeup to stay put on their oily or combo skin.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

FIRST IMPRESSION REVIEW | Estée Lauder Maximum Cover Foundation | MyMakeupPerspective by MyMakeupPerspective