October 22, 2014 | 1868 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Palmer's - Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by rantinghousewife

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm a recent convert to this and I absolutely love it. I get what I can only describe as reptilian patches on my knees and the bony bits of my ankles and this seems to be the only cream (and I've tried a few) that tames them into submission and without that sticky feeling. I find I can slather this on after a shower and get dressed straight away. Don't know why it took me so long to try it.

I'd say the smell is more 'milky bar' on me than cocoa, but I love it. The only trouble is that I spend all day sniffing my arm, it really lingers.

Absolutely the best body moisturiser I've tried, highly recommended.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2012 12:16:00 AM More reviews by greencatydid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Meh, this was an ok moisturizer. I have severely dry skin all over my body, and I keep trying moisturizer after moisturizer, and nothing seems to work, including this. I take a shower, slather a lot of this everywhere and go to bed only to wake up the next day with dehydrated skin that flakes and overall looks icky. It is better than some moisturizers, but not good enough for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by missbedazzle

I have to say, this product is actually really good! I've been using for 2yrs and I'm writing my first review on it. It has significantly faded my stretch marks over the 2yrs and It has also faded my insect bite scars. I use it on bruises right after it clots. I keep rubbing it on the area for like 3 times a day. And the scar fades a whole lot faster! This is like my HG multipurpose moisturizer. Really great stuff! But I hate the packaging though. It really hard to get the product when it hits bottom. I used the pump version.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by ilikestripes5

This is a great moisturiser. The consistency is a bit thick and applies easily. It sinks into the skin and makes the skin smooth. And I love the smell! Only con is the bottle design. Once you near the end, the middle caves in and it's so hard to get the remaining product out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by etherealchic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This hands down my HG moisturizer. I can use it everywhere- on my face, on my body after a shower, on the heels of my feet before I wear hard-to-walk-in shoes (to avoid blisters). It sinks in to my skin better than anything I've ever tried, and I can feel it calming down my dry skin in the winter.

The scent is a bit strong, but I can deal with it. It is quite sweet, and I usually prefer citrus scents, which are the complete opposite, but it's not overpowering and after the lotion sets into your skin the smell isn't as strong.

I'd recommend this to everyone! even those who are acne prone--I am and I've been using this as a facial moisturizer for 3 months. No problems with breakouts what so ever. The only bad thing about this as a facial moisturizer is the lack of SPF, but you can always use it at night and buy a SPF moisturizer for the daytime.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by anoddchild

Love this stuff. I'm sensitive to some fragrances in lotion, and this one never gives me a problem. It's even gentle enough for me to use after I shaved my legs, which i absolutely cannot do with any lotion with a high alcohol content which results in: burns! hurts! turns my legs red! ick! :P No one wants that!

This stuff is so nourishing, lasts forever, and I love it. If you have super dry skin like me in the winter, try using this after slathering on the Palmers Cocoa Butter bath oil stuff right after you get out of the shower. I did this over this past winter and had the BEST skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 6:12:00 AM More reviews by Romanticide

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros:
- vanilla/cocoa brownies type scent
- can get huge pump bottle for $10!
- most importantly, best moisturiser I have used so far, makes my skin so soft and absorbs underneath skin, so no feeling greasy.

Cons:
- will make you sweat if you use in hot weather
- sometimes smells like play dough

Definitely will repurchase, this is one of my favourite products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 5:53:00 AM More reviews by AllThatGlittters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

HG body butter! I love this. It makes skin feel moisturised and supple without being oved greasy or heavy. Scent is strong but nice at the same time, and it doesn't irritate or burn skin either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by debbrumb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

LOVE this lotion! I got it after reading the reviews looking for a good lotion for dry skin during the winter. I love the smell, its definitely cocoa. It sinks in and isn't greasy but does moisturize. I use this during the day when I don't want to use a baby lotion or perfumed lotion and use my J&J cocoa baby oil/gel at night.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 2:57:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i think this an excellent affordable lotion. vitamin e is great for skin. i use this after showering. im very active, so im outdoors sweating a lot. i ride my bike and run. i get a bit ashy and dry from exposure. this makes my skin feel noticeably more supple and smooth. i like the flip top, yet i have to squeeze hard to dispense product. often i sqeeze out more product than i need causing a bit of waste. that is my biggest gripe though. overall, i would recommend. i think men and women would enjoy this cream.