November 27, 2014 | 1445 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Palmer's - Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Jenabee333

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this stuff at Walmart after doing a sniff test of a bunch of different moisturizers. I loved the smell and the price was right.
I had used the Palmer's that comes in a tub once at my mom's house and thought it was too thick, but this stuff in the pump is fabulous!
I don't always moisturize because I dislike the oily residue that many lotions and body butters leave on my skin, but after a recent surgery, my skin was so dry it was driving me nuts--plus I have a big old scar on my wrist that I hoped might be helped by this product.
From the first time I used the lotion, I was in love! It spread easily and didn't require half an hour of rubbing and massaging to disappear. There was no reside and a fresh cocoa smell that I really like. I even started using it as a facial moisturizer since I can't find one that I like. To my surprise, it's fabulous on my face as well and this month I didn't have a single pimple when Aunt Flo came. I can't recall the last time this happened.

Overall, my skin looks and feels toned with a sensual smell and fresh glow. I'm gonna buy more!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by BeautyJunkie1999

I first used this product when I found it in my dads car, due to not having any other moisturisers in hand at the time. The chocolate scent made me want to use it even more, some people really don't like the scent but I love it. I think they have one without a scent aswell, it sinks into your skin in about one to two minutes and it does not leave your skin feeling greasy or sticky, all in all it it so moisturising and smells so good I would definately repurchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by ScarlettBunny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG body moisturizer. Smells amazing, a very subtle and creamy cocoa. It's inexpensive but it works so well. Makes my skin super soft. I love this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Belle7x

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I use it after shaving or after using a scrub on my legs. It gives long lasting smoothness, gets rid of razor bumps and makes my legs look great. Although I do feel that it doesn't work instantly but after about an hour or if I let it dry in over night I can see the effects.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 7:52:00 AM More reviews by dearlynars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I discovered this product by accident by smelling it on a friend. I was surprised to read that people donít like the smell, Iím obsessed! I love howthe smell lingers on the skin even though the product itself is soaked in. I saw they make an unscented version too so maybe try that if you are not a big one for scents in beauty products. Living in AUS this is a great buy $$ wise, it has replaced my Body Shop brazil nut body butter which has been my staple since I started using beauty products, around 6 or 7 years ago. I canít wait to use it in the summer it will make my tan look great!

If you are like me and have always shied away from Palmerís, maybe because of the unappealing packaging (yes, I know, slap on the wrists judgmental consumer me) then you may be pleasantly surprised and save a few dollars too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Masia927

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is a-maaaa-zing. I use it every night. It's very moisturizing and really does even out my skin tone. This lotion was a staple in most houses in my neighborhood growing up so even though I don't really *like* the smell (some kind of chocolate-vanilla mesh) it is nostalgic and comforting. I've gotten compliments on my scent while wearing it too so maybe it changes on your body. For what it's worth this doesn't do anything for stretch marks. It helps prevent them but it doesn't do anything for existing ones. But it is an excellent moisturizer, really does brighten and even out your skin over time, and is wonderful after you've been in the sun. It absorbs well and is not sticky, tacky, or greasy at all. It is a heavier lotion though.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2012 5:16:00 AM More reviews by Finakalias

This Palmers product is an amazing moisturizer, you apply it and it moisturizes your skin and it doesn't leave too much of a greasy feel, depends on the amount you apply. I love this product for its moisturizing but the thing that I hate about this Palmers product is the smell. It's nice at first but after a while it gets sickening and it made me feel sick, I seriously dislike the smell, if they made the smell not as strong I would absaloutly love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by rantinghousewife

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm a recent convert to this and I absolutely love it. I get what I can only describe as reptilian patches on my knees and the bony bits of my ankles and this seems to be the only cream (and I've tried a few) that tames them into submission and without that sticky feeling. I find I can slather this on after a shower and get dressed straight away. Don't know why it took me so long to try it.

I'd say the smell is more 'milky bar' on me than cocoa, but I love it. The only trouble is that I spend all day sniffing my arm, it really lingers.

Absolutely the best body moisturiser I've tried, highly recommended.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2012 12:16:00 AM More reviews by greencatydid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Meh, this was an ok moisturizer. I have severely dry skin all over my body, and I keep trying moisturizer after moisturizer, and nothing seems to work, including this. I take a shower, slather a lot of this everywhere and go to bed only to wake up the next day with dehydrated skin that flakes and overall looks icky. It is better than some moisturizers, but not good enough for me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by missbedazzle

I have to say, this product is actually really good! I've been using for 2yrs and I'm writing my first review on it. It has significantly faded my stretch marks over the 2yrs and It has also faded my insect bite scars. I use it on bruises right after it clots. I keep rubbing it on the area for like 3 times a day. And the scar fades a whole lot faster! This is like my HG multipurpose moisturizer. Really great stuff! But I hate the packaging though. It really hard to get the product when it hits bottom. I used the pump version.