July 29, 2014 | 1444 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by kitkatndan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is a good face cleanser. i used to use it all the time.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by haleyhenry2011

I think maybe this cleanser would work IF I DIDN'T HAVE ACNE. I tried this and it only worked for a week. This stuff smells fairly good and I liked the tingly feeling I got from using this but after the week was up (I used this for about a month) and I got really horrible mean zits in a cluster on my right cheek which really pissed me off beyond explanation. This is crap. It doesn't work for my skin (semi-oily, combo skin if that's even a skin type). It's crap for teenagers but I think this is more suited to adult "acne" anyways so whatever but this is without doubt the all time worst cleanser I have ever tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by saint1

LOVE this cleanser! I've tried other cleansers ...but I ALWAYS come back to this one!! I don't know why I just don't stick with this one forever.

I love the smell, and especially the tingly feeling on my face as soon as I use it!

Have purchased a lot, and will continue to purchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by rebslo

I was on a search to find a simple cream cleanser that didn't contain mineral oil (ie. Ponds). I found a generic version of this item for just $4 at CVS (on sale!). I thought it was worth a shot as Neutrogena is a reputable brand. My first use ended in excess tingling perhaps due to my zealous application. I realized the menthol was the culprit and the next time I used less of the product and it reduced it to a more "cleansing refreshing tingle" vs. "get this off my face now tingle." Overall over the course of a few weeks, I am pleased with the results. No breakouts, clean skin, easy to find and cheap. My only concern is the fragrance- which I find medicinal and the menthol tingle. Does the addition of menthol add a benefit I am unaware of? Or is it there to make you feel the product is working hard to clean? Sometimes, I leave it on as a mask of sorts and I feel this softens blackheads. I then follow with a gentle foaming cleanser. Also, this product does not foam and it not intended to as it doesn't containing a lathering additive. I would prefer and unscented, minus menthol version, so I am on the fence about re-purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 3:40:00 AM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty sure that a few people reviewing this product are confused; sorry that your acne wasn't cured, but if you're looking for acne treatments then this isn't the product for you. It specifically says on the bottle that it's meant to improve your complexion, not eliminate your cystic acne that you've had since cousin Rosa's birthday bash back in the summer (I'm being sarcastic, of course). Really though, this does what it says: improves my complexion. I bought it by mistake and at first I thought that since it doesn't seem to melt into my skin/make it tingle as much as most products that it doesn't work, but my skin DOES feel cleaner than it's ever felt with soap after usage. My skin also looks as if my hyperpigmentation on my forehead and chin from careless zit popping is clearing up (although that could also be due to the other products I use as well). It's a good cleanser at a reasonable price, but I'm one who tries to lean more towards organic products...I can't get with the menthol in this. Not the best for skin in the long run. Oh, well. I'll use it until the bottle's done and after that, it was nice while it lasted.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by itsyourgurlkatie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Normally, I would use this cleanser in the morning. Many people complain about the smell, I find it to be just like a soapy smell. The consistancy, however, is quite odd. It's a cream, but it's like a chunky cream. It doesn't foam, so I often felt that I was just rubbing lotion around on my face which made me question if this product was really giving my skin that deep clean that it promised. Also, I LOVED the tingly feeling my skin got after I used it. Though, upon further inspection of the bottle I found that it was Menthol that was making my skin tingly (Menthol is not great for your skin). Needless to say, I was slightly disappointed.
In terms of treating acne, it didn't do much for me. It neither prevented nor improved my complexion. I think it's just a great face wash. I use it after school now to just brighten my face and get me ready for the afternoon/evening I have ahead of me.
I will not repurchase again unforunately.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by kristalauryn

I bought this product last year, because i needed a cleanser and my friend said this worked well for her, but we definitely have different skin. I remember using this, and the smell was super strong, i didnt like the smell while i was using it, it made me want to take it off really quickly. I can bare it though, and after i take it off, my skin feels clean, not dry at all, and really soft, but the next morning i'll have like 3 white heads! my skin isnt normally that bad, but its gotten worse since last year. i tried to start using this again, because the bottle is still full and i hate wasting products, but it just DOESNT do anything for me except break me out the next day, i used to use neutrogena one step cleanser, the gel stuff in the blue bottle and it worked ok, it definitely worked better than this stuff> sorry, i love neutrogena but this product wasnt for me or my skin. :/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 12:26:00 AM More reviews by ChocolatCake

THANK God for this stuff! I went of BCP, and my skin went crazy. I got 4 cystic pimples at one time. I tried using harsh treatments to take it away, etc etc. This stuff completely calmed my skin and reduced redness. I need to keep it simple with my skin, and this fits the bill! My skin doesn't feel filmy or dry after this, it feels clean and refreshed. I really feel like it gets the oil and makeup off. Pores look a little smaller with it. A+ (sensitive, oily skin with large pores. occasional breakout).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by sarabelle789

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a wonderful, middle-of-the-road cleanser. :]. When I'm not treating the occasional zit, or in need of some exfoliating, or tending to redness, I reach for this.
I have combination skin, but am mostly dry, so I'm surprised at all the complaints people have about it. In fact, it's one of the few cleansers I own that doesn't have that typical uncomfortably-tight-after feel.
I love the fact it has a small amount of salicylic acid, but doesn't push that it's an anti-acne product-- it makes me feel like it's just enough to prevent a pimple, but not enough to chew away at too much of my skin's natural oil.
My face and Neutrogena have been peas in a pod since I first started washing my face, and this is no exception.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

I've been using this ever since puberty ended and my acne went away. Be forewarned, this isn't meant for acne ridden skin. It doesn't clear up my breakouts, but it definitely helps prevent them. It leaves my skin fresh and bright and soft. I switch up my skincare routine once in a while, but I always come back to this.