November 28, 2014 | 841 users online

Primer/ Corrector - DHC - Velvet Skin Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2008 8:58:00 PM More reviews by babyslk7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok, the first time I tried this was way back in the past and what I remembered I wasn't liking this product, not really. But this year, I tried the samples few times and I really like it. It controls the oil on my face, no powder touch up necessary, just use blotting paper is fine and makeup last longer. One sample can use up to 3 or 4 times, so don't pile too much one time. I've used Sephora primer before and it's the same benefit. Pretty good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2008 11:47:00 PM More reviews by ItsADewsy308

I love this stuff! Best primer I have ever used! Bar none! Very smooth, creamy texture...Like velvet! Imagine that! IMO, this works loads better than Smashbox. I just wish the tube were bigger. I can't get enough of this stuff!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2008 8:30:00 AM More reviews by rupertlilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this as a sample when I ordered the catalog and all I can say is thank goodness for samples. I was not impressed with this primer at all. It did nothing to help minimize the appearance of pores nor control the oil. I think it might have made my oil situation worse. As far as primers go read my review on the new Revlon Natural primer – it’s pretty good.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 9:09:00 PM More reviews by ChenchillaxChop

This stuff makes my skin feel so smooth, but, it doesn't keep my oilies away for THAT long. It's not horrible, but not great either.
It makes your foundation apply nicely/evenly, fills in pores/lines, but I can't say much for the staying power. Then again, I have horribly oily skin.
For some reason though, when I wear this, it feels like my face got oilier faster...to my mom it goes. (she has dry skin)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2008 5:46:00 PM More reviews by tsrdlips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried so many primers and I find I like this the best. Most primers promise to lessen the look of your pores, but this one keeps their promise. Skin feels like silk, pores minimized and my powder doesn't settle into the fine lines.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2008 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Laura22

I'm quite a primer junkie and unfortunately this was one of the worst I've tried. Many don't work well to prolong the life of makeup, but this one doesn't even act as a nice moistuizer. I found the texture clumpy and difficult to work with. My mu wore off even quicker then when I wear nothing. I won't be able to give this another try.

For reference, my HG is smashbox photo finish and I also like BE primetime, and benefit that gal. I've passed on lorac, LM, TM, becca, ...the list goes on.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2008 3:41:00 PM More reviews by tlm6165

This is absolutely the best primer I've tried. I have very sensitive skin and it does not break me out at all. I love the velvety texture. I've tried Smashbox, Laura Geller and Philosophy primers and this beats them all, hands down!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2008 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Uska

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I started using this about a year ago when I received a catalog with samples in the mail. I immediately bought a tube and it lasted me almost 6 months! I love the stuff. I'm 46 and have very dry skin. This primer not only makes my face silky soft to touch, but it fills in all the tiny lines, any large pores (I don't have many), and it helps with the horizontal "eyebrow lifting" lines in my forehead. You know - the ones that show up when you raise your eyebrows? :) My foundation glides on smoothly and doesn't rub off throughout the day. Now, if I could only find a truly smudgeproof/waterproof soft black mascara, I'd just about be in girl heaven.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2008 11:51:00 AM More reviews by herebygrace

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried several of the popular primers and have loved the samples of this with my DHC order. But this doesn't seem to be anything like the samples. The samples gave me a velvety texture (ahh, the name) but the one(s) I purchased (2 for good price) don't give me that feel at all. I believe Smashbox has got the others beat hands down. Guess that's another review...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2008 12:23:00 AM More reviews by linuxgrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got 3 or 4 samples when I last ordered from DHC and absolutely fell in love with this product! It really helps keep your makeup from sliding off your face! It is a little hard to remove at the end of the day - usually I have to wash my face twice before I feel like it's totally gone. No breakouts, and my makeup looks great! Will definitely be purchasing soon!