October 23, 2014 | 941 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by ComplexChameleon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually really like this foundation in itself - I find it gives a very natural, healthy look and has buildable coverage even over acne and acne scars. Of note, the SPF does produce a white cast in photos. My only major qualm is with the packaging - every time I open it, I end up getting product everywhere and I must be wasting so much. The sifter really isn't very practical for dispensing powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by SMRamirez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

overall the Spartacus Greathouse great coverage and works as both foundation and concealer at the same time. you have to use a great mosteriser on your skin so it won't be so drying. I think the only con it has it tends get bad when hot weather is in your face and it gets itchy

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Taylorbohn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used the matte version for my oily skin and it looked good and I only needed to apply a little so I wasn't wearing to much makeup. The problem I had with it is that it looked dry in my skin when the weather was hot my face felt itchy and stung a little. You defiantly need a moisturizer underneath or it can dry your skin out.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Enos86

Oh my god! I thought it was me! I used bare minerals for 6 years, and now when I put it on it flakes, makes my face all red and irritated and burns I thought it was something I did, this shit gave me dermatitis my dermatologist thinks I might also have rosacea, which I've never had in my life, I'm so upset I used to love this makeup

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

Overall Rating: 3/5
SKIN BACKGROUND: Combo/Oily, acne prone, SUPER sensitive, mild scarring and discoloration, beige skin with dominant yellow undertones.
PRICE: I got this at sephora for $29, so its a bit pricey, especially you only get 8 grams of product.
COVERAGE: I bought this knowing that I would not achieve full coverage. Its light and be built to medium. It makes my face one solid tone, aside from the dark spots and large blemishes I have. I applied with my eco tools flat top brush.
FINISH: What intrigued me about this makeup, besides the over all horrible reviews, is that whenever I saw someone wearing this their skin had the nicest glow, which is what I like about MMU's. The finish is glowy, but not too much so, in my opinion.
TEXTURE: Its powdery and a bit messy, as others have claimed.
SPF: 15
LASTING POWER: I put this on around 10:30AM and it lasted through a very hot, sunny day at the park. I took it off early (7:00AM), just because I was tired, but I think it could have lasted my whole day. I only had to blot a 2 times
SHADES: I have Light, which is just a tad too yellow toned for me. I believe they have 20 shades
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: So far, so clear :)
PACKAGING: A large jar with a sifter and a cover, making it portable
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: Not too sure yet
FINAL VERDICT: I do really enjoy the finish and the lasting power on this makeup. However, I do find I need to use quite a bit of product to achieve the coverage I want, and so I am not sure if this will last me a long time. I do not like to use makeup where I use the entire thing in only a month! I will try different brushes and methods to see if I need less product and update later.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2013 5:17:00 AM More reviews by peachez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It was trendy when I bought it. Didn't really see what all the fuss was about; coverage was little to medium, having to buy a special brush for it and the whole swirl and tap thing was an inconvenience. I tend to apply my makeup on the go and the packaging did not really allow me to do so; I would get powder everywhere. I definitely would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by katielotus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hate it! Made me look old and yellow. Settled into all my fine lines, yet covered very little of my acne scars and dark circles. The packaging makes it terribly messy too!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by carnation95

*) no matter how much you put on, it seems to disappear in an hour. I'd heard this was good but it's terrible.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Jenhaas504

Like everyone else in the world, I got wrapped up in the bare minerals trend, and I used it for a good while but in the end it seemed to start not working as we'll with my skin. This may have been that my skin was changing with age and just wasn't as youthful looking as it once was, but it started showing every single wrinkle I had. The day my boyfriend pointed out my wrinkles closer to my eyes and said "I never noticed those before but I can see them with that makeup", that was the last day I used it. Of course I always thought it was a messy makeup to use, seems like it got everywhere. One thin I did love was combining 2 colors to get that completely perfect color for my skin! But in the end it just wasn't for my skin

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by YENSUONG

I bought the powder foundation in a compact along with the mineral veil because I heard so many great things about it being natural looking and heals the skin from the mineral. I was excited when I bought it but turned out horrible! I used different method like their original brush, kabuki brush, and flat buffing brush; nothing works. It felt very cakey and heavy on my face. You can usually see the powdery texture on my face. By the end of the night when i wore it for 8 hours or less, my foundation melted off my skin. I can push the foundation around my face using my finger. It was gross..

So I decided to put mineral veil on top of foundation to try it again and it didn't help a bit.

These two product didn't work for me, sadly. :(