December 21, 2014 | 1653 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Extra Super Lash mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Southernbelleky

Love this! I love how this is buildable--you can go from very natural to very "glam." This is my favorite mascara. A great buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Broomie4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a wonderful essential in my makeup arsenal! Not too thick and not too thin..juuuust right! The wand is nice, not too long so these tired old eyes don't have to strain to see what I'm doing. The trick is to do one quick basic coat, let it dry completely then apply a second coat. Also, they often sell this is money saving two-packs. Nothing fancy but works very well and you can't beat the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Isprinsessen82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara! It is durable, doesnt clump, flake or smudge (even after wearing it a whole day). It is buildable; one application gives a very natural look, whereas two or more applications gives a more sophisticated look, and a nice volume, without looking overdone, false or "trashy". I dont think it adds that much more length, and it doesnt give the lashes a natural curl, but this can be partially fixed using a lash curler. Other thing I love about this mascara, is that it doesnt have a strong perfume smell like many other mascaras, and the brush is firm and just the right sisze, which makes it easy to work with (There are two versions of this mascara when it comes to brush-shapes; the regular one, and a curved one. I`ve tried both, and I like them eaqually).

I really like the formula; its neither as wet as many other mascaras (for instance Hypnose, YSL Faux Cils etc,) nor as dry (as Max Factor 2000 Calories, some Isadora mascaras etc). It is easy to apply, doesnt dry out or flake, and it is easy to remove it at the end of the day. The only negative thing I could think of, is that if you somehow get water on your lashes, f.i. if you get watery eyes or a few tears when seeing a sad movie, it comes off a little easier than other mascaras I have used. Because of this, I never wear this mascara on my lower lashes, as Im an emotional crybaby when watching movies, and would probably wind up looking like a panda all over if not using another mascara. ;) I really wish they could make a waterproof version of this Rimmel mascara, but for now there`s just the regular one. :-/

The packaging is ok. The ony complaint is that it`s prone to cracking if you accidently drop it on a hard surface. This have happened to me a couple of times, and every time it got a small crack right below the top of the container, which led to mascara being pressed out, and smudging all over. So just be careful not to drop it! ;)

I`ve tried many mascaras over the years, Lancome Hypnose, Definicils, Diorshow, YSL Faux Cils, YSL Everlong, Clinique High Impact, HR Lash Queen, Chanel Cils a cils, Chanel Inimitable, all of them much more expensive, and none of them better than this Rimmel Mascara. Among the cheaper mascaras, the mascara that is comparable and most closely resembles this Rimmel mascara, is the Max Factor Masterpiece (but I prefer the Rimmel mascara, as the Masterpiece is a little pricier).

If your looking for a mascara that will make your lashes look fake and uber-amplified, this is probably not the mascara for you. But if you want a mascara that gives you a natural yet sophisticated and classy look, I highly recommend this mascara! =)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by harrup

I think it's a fabulous product which both thickens AND lengthens without clumping, flaking or smearing. And all this at a VERY reasonable price. True, it doesn't have the exaggerated lengthening effect of ,say, YSL's "Faux Cils". To me that isn't a bad thing because it gives a far more natural, less makeup-ey "made up" effect for everyday use than the former.

I took one lippy off because I experienced one or two iffy ones amongst all the Extra Super Lash mascaras I bought over the years. These were indeed a watery, runny, smeary attrocity. Bad bunch, I suppose. But aside from those rare & isolated hiccups I think it's an EXCELLENT product at a super price. Currently, I'm alternating it with Estee Lauder's "Sumptious" mascara and whilst Sumptious does thicken lashes somewhat more - it also flakes more and it 4 times the price! I would heartily recommed trying Extra Super lash. If one would be unlucky enough to get an iffy one...it doesn't come at great expense.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by emilish19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this mascara a lot. I have only been wearing mascara regularly for about a year so I haven't tried a lot of different brands, but I am impressed with this product, especially for the price. I love how cheap this is! Extra Super Lash gives a nice, natural look, which is what I like. It's not super dramatic, but still lengthens and volumizes. If you apply more than like 2 coats it starts to clump, but again, this works for a more natural look. It also lasts all day. I never have to reapply.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Jmberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great basic mascara. I didn't actually buy it myself, a friend (who is also a mascara junkie) bought this in a two pack and gave me one to try. It's around $4 for two tubes so it's dirt cheap and I honestly wasn't expecting much. But I really like it. The brush is awesome, cone shaped with real bristles on it. The mascara itself is a nice true black with no gray or muddy tones to it. More than one coat of this gets a little crazy on me but one coat makes for a perfect everyday look, just enough length, volume, and definition. It's not dramatic but a very nice natural look. I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by shelbysahara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was pretty disappointed with this mascara. I naturally have long thick eyelashes, but this made them clump together and weighed them down. For the price, it's not too bad...but it's not my favorite.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by thepisceanmuse

This is my go-to mascara! It's very nice for everyday use since it does a good job making my lashes look just a teeny bit longer in a natural-looking way! I guess the only downside for me is that it can be a bit on the clumpy side if you try to get some volume out of it. Yet all in all it is a good everyday mascara if one wants a subtle, natural look.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by shop74

I heard and read great things about this product and was excited to use it but it is not for contact users. It just ran and smeared throughout the day. I would I have raccoon eyes after an hour of having it on. Never again... I tried several times.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by ex0ticbarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this mascara! My mom bought me this because it was on sale for $2.99 at Rexall. I'm really glad she did. This mascara makes my eyelashes look super long and defined. They honestly look like falsies when I put this on. I can't believe such a cheap mascara would do such an awesome job. I love layering this over other mascara because it gives my eyes such a sexy, mysterious look! I will definitely keep repurchasing this.