April 18, 2014 | 942 users online

Polishes - OPI - Samoan Sand

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2009 12:09:00 PM More reviews by MsRed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my fav go-to nail colour for both fingers and toes. I am on my third bottle of this and I buy this shade for all my girlfriends so they can understand my love for it. It is difficult to find a nude for my NC45/C7 colouring, but this fits the bill. I don't match my mani and pedi so this shade off sets or enhances the alternative shade on the opposite extremity. When used on a pedi, my little piggies look fresh, clean and ready to go to the market in an opened toed sandal. I also love how this shade looks against red or maroon clothing; it looks modern and polished.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2009 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Dori319

I have fair/light skin and this color on my is the perfect nude color that seemed to be so popular either last fall or the fall before that (i can't remember which). anyways.. this color it the perfecect shade to match my light skin and look like nude nails almost but still has enough pink to it to still look like im wearing polish. this was opaque in 2 coats. its not sheer so it looks great as a nude! if you have light skin with pink (instead of brown/tan) undertones.. this is the color for you if you're looking for that nude nail look.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2009 6:51:00 AM More reviews by abbyyyy

I use this nail polish as my everyday natural look nail polish, as I don't like to be too bright or draw too much attention to my nails. Goes on a little streaky, but this isn't a problem at all as it dries streak free, making application a breeze for someone with a deft hand (like me!).
Only issue is it feel a bit thin and takes two coats to get the colour to show on my nails, but this sometimes comes as a bonus as just apply one coat gives my nails a really nice natural sheen to them, and a second coat brings out the colour.
I gave the price a three, because OPI polishes are rather expensive, but are well worth the price you pay.
Will surely buy again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 9:46:00 AM More reviews by PCA05KAT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this polish. It is a slight peachy but greyish toned nude. I use this on my toes as I prefer nude clean looking toes to garish brights that I save for my fingers. I'm fair and this looks like I have perfectly pedicured toes. However it does go on streaky upon first application but as soon as it dries it settles in and is not streaky at all. It is the best nude I've used and it is nicely opaque for a nude too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2009 7:24:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this when looking for a perfect sheer beige toned nude.

Dior's spring 09 collection had one in the testers, but no product shipped to Canada, so I went searching because this shade isn't too pink or peach or even too dull in the beige tone, it is just right.

When I use it, I don't get chips for about 4 days, almost double the time normal polish starts chipping.

I use a sally hansen nail whitening pencil under my nails and then 2 coats of this on top. A subtle French polish effect because it shows thru just a little.

LOVE this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2009 2:05:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I haven't tried Samoan Sand yet! I've been into OPI polishes for several years now and remember a coworker wearing this color. It was the perfect nude on her and when I asked her what color it was she told me it was SS. Now, over 3 years later I finally ordered it and used it for my mani.

SS is the perfect nude against my slightly tan/warmish complexion. In the past I've used OPI Malaysian Mist, Dulce de Leche (a tad too pink), Nicole/OPI Blush of Adrenaline (a tad too white and $OPI Nonfat Soy Half Caff (a tad too peach), but SS is by far my favorite! It is the perfect balance of white/peach/beige without being too cool or too white. SS will definitely be my new go-to nude polish for everyday wear! continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2009 10:31:00 PM More reviews by SomerGirl78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the exact same color as my skin, so when I use it on my nails it looks like I've done nothing! OPI is a wonderful polish, but this particular color doesn't work on me. It would probably look great on a person with olive or dark skin, though. I'm swapping mine away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by missy24680

best nude color outthere , well atleast for my medium/fair skintone...matches my skin exactly..i like to wear this when my nails grow out a bit and it makes my hands look elogated and skinnier...very natural bare look...so pretty definately staple in my nail kit

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2009 10:15:00 AM More reviews by potrouge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sometimes when I'm at work, not thinking about work because you know that would never happen; I look at my bare nails and I think about applying this polish. I love the colour *so* much. I don't have a lot of nudes or pale shades in my shamefully large nail polish harem because I like bright or dark shades but this shade changed all that. My hands are quite fair but this shade doesn't look blah or meh it looks glossy and dare I say it, classy. I put on about 2 coats but because I love it so much I can get carried away and keep on going. It lasts about 4 days when I use it with the OPI topcoat. I'm thinking about putting it on now actually *sigh*.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2009 1:03:00 PM More reviews by livak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This nail polish looks really pretty in the bottle, but i don't think it suits my fair skin. One coat is enough for a very nice nude tone, but it's just slightly streaky that way, and two coats makes it a little too peachy in color and picks up too much of the pink underdone of my skin and just doesn't look that great. I wouldn't recommend it for people with fair complexion for that reason only, because I would assume it looks great on darker skin tones of tanned hands (or feet).