April 20, 2014 | 1807 users online

Conditioner - Aubrey Organics - GPB Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2007 6:50:00 PM More reviews by asiawall

Phenomenal conditioner, HG. I love the scent, and I have normal to oily hair, so I only use this on the length every other day, and my hair is softer and more manageable than it has been in years. The shampoo is not my favorite, but I LOVE this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2007 2:58:00 AM More reviews by cup_cakes

A fantastic weekly treat. I leave it on dry hair for about 12 minutes before shampooing out. It leaves my hair so impossibly silky and shiny. Have been using this regularly for over 2 months now and have received a lot of compliments on my hair (esp on how healthy/shiny it looks).
It has also definitely strengthened my hair such that it is less prone to breakage/ blow-dryer damage now.

As others have mentioned, the packaging leaves something to be desired.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2007 12:45:00 PM More reviews by chimchim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This conditioner worked better for me than its sister shampoo which turned my hair to matted straw. Since my hair is dry and curly, for me GPB is an every day conditioner rather than a once-a-week indulgence. My only (free-range, organic) beef with the product is that I wish the packaging were nicer--is it so hard to spring for some decent graphic design, Aubrey?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2007 10:47:00 AM More reviews by luplaika

Wonderful fantastic marvellous terrific tremendous great exceptional amazing
Did I say enough?

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2006 1:09:00 AM More reviews by blackangel

This is not an every conditioner! Its a protein treatment which means your supposed to use it once a week or once every 2 weeks. That being said, Ive been using this for 5 years and it makes my hair nice and healthy. The protein strengthens my hair in between product use and the drying weather. I believe in Aubrey's products and will continue to use this...

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2006 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Classique86

I was so excited to try this conditioner, I really wanted this to be a good product for me. But just like the rest of the Aubrey Organic products I've tried it ended up being a disappointment. I will say out of all the other products I tried by Aubrey this did work the best. My hair is very thin as well as dry, on my first try I thought this stuff was amazing. My hair was easy to comb through and it felt soft. But after awhile my hair looked frizzy, flat and sort of dull, there was so shine. All in all, though it may have good proteins in it, I still use it everyone once in a very great while... I wasn't happy. Maybe you will be.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2006 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Leftwing34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this product because I'm trying to use product with less harmful chemicals. This is a very thick conditioner that does a nice job of moisturizing my thick coarse hair. I can't use it every day though, because it seems to build up on my scalp. Even when I try to just apply it to my ends, it still seems to build up on my scalp. Update: Now that it's winter I'm finding that I can use this conditioner without the problems I had in the warmer months.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2006 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Soleado

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! I cannot say enough good things about this product. I have been using it since 2001 and each time I stray I go right back to it. I definitely notice that each time I stray and try something else that my hair is not as strong as it was when I was using it regularly. My hair is very fine, dry, fragile with tight curls (3C/4A). I have permanent color as well, which means that I have to be very diligent with the moisturing as well as protein. Luckily this product offers both of these qualities.

Now granted the smell leave much to be desire but it softens, strenghens and detangles so well that I can easily overlook the smell. The price is decent for the amount that you get. I just bought an 16oz bottle from their online website as Whole Foods does not carry that size anymore. This is going to be in my regime forever!!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2006 5:25:00 PM More reviews by yallagabig

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This smells fantastic, kind of ginger like.
It's wonderful to use maybe once or twice a week, but I wouldn't use it every day. I would alternate with a thinner conditioner like Suave, because if I use it too much it makes my hair feel dried out and very difficult to comb. Also, I only use this after I shampoo, not between washings. I think putting it on over wet styling products makes it feel terrible and sticky. But like I said-- as a once/twice a week thing, it's fabulous. My hair definitely feels stronger (and smells great) after I use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2006 5:22:00 PM More reviews by huggingtrees08

This is a wonderful, wonderful product--the best conditioner I have ever tried and I plan on sticking with it. My hair is very straight and because the ends can break off so easily, I need to be able to untangle my hair easily. Beacuse I was so desperate, I tried Fekkai, which worked wonders, but having inherently sensitive, oily, acne prone scalp, I really wanted to use something natural (w/out preservatives, etc) that actually worked. Having tried Giovanni and some others in the past, the "natural/organic" products often let me down, but this conditioner really came through. I feel great putting something natural on my scalp, and when I massage it through, I can very easily comb out my hair in the shower before I wash it out. My hair has never looked and felt better.

I'm not so worried about the price because it's cheaper than eating out, for example, and it WORKS. It completely makes up for the past cheaper ones I bought, only to throw away.