July 30, 2014 | 1857 users online

Pressed Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Compacte

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2008 11:03:00 AM More reviews by angour

This is a rather fine powder that is easy to apply and that provides a natural finish.

What I do not like about it is:
1) the limit of shades - their latest one is not light enough for my skin, I could only use it if tanned a bit
2) it finishes *very* fast
3) no oil control whatsoever, had to re-apply it all the time

Will not re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2008 4:08:00 PM More reviews by ReenBean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Finely milled and felt great upon application so that my skin pretty much looked flawless after putting this on (after foundation). However I have to say that is not a great feat as I (luckily) have had pretty clear skin all my life. Also, like most oily t-zone girls, it seems nothing will stop the shine appearing come noon. I have not re-purchased but may do so in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2008 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Pummelo

Well, the jury's still out on whether or not I'd repurchase this powder. It does the job of matte-fying my shiny t-zone area and blending well. However, I need to repowder every couple of hours, since there doesn't seem to be much of a long-lasting effect. I'm using it during cooler months, so god knows how well it holds up during humid/warm days. Maybe I just expect more from a Chanel product. The packaging is, of course, elegant. However, what is up with the flimsy applicator that comes with it? I would expect much more from Chanel...hell, I would expect more from Revlon. I ended up ditching it immediately.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2008 8:46:00 AM More reviews by milkypop

You can expect finely milled silky powder that won't chalk your complexion up. This is the main plus point of the product. However, the oil control and staying power leaves much to be desired. My skin doesn't usually get so shiny in a few hours with my other powders (e.g Clinque, Kose), but with this it just does. Worse, when i blot, the powder comes right off. This does not happen with my Kose powder, which simply adheres to my skin even through blotting, and till i wash it off. I am on Roaccutane now, to control my acne, and it makes my skin very dry. Even so, the Chanel can't hold up.

I got this through a swap and was initially pleased with such lovely texture, sadly it fails in other important areas. I definitely won't buy this. I was interested in the loose version which is very popular, but because of this pressed version, i have to give it a second thought.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2008 7:53:00 AM More reviews by chanel277

I own the compact and the loose version of this powder.I don't use it that often on me,mostly on my clients(I m a make up artist).The reason that I don't use this powder too often on me is because it doesn't control oil production at all and doesn't defeat shine through the day well enough.I have oily acne-prone skin and I prefer powders that are oil free and they control shine and oil production through out the day.The packaging is great very elegant and classy.The compact comes with a mirror and a powder puff.For me the powder puff is hideous.Looks very cheep and doesn't perform well enough.And I m very impressed because much cheaper brands offer much more qualitative puffs in their compacts.So I don't use the puff with this powder but a large powder brush.On the other hand loose powder's packaging it's quite big and very difficult to carry.The powder now works fantastic on normal and slightly dry skins.The compact version is slightly more matte than the loose version,the loose version is more silky and satiny.They both have super fine textures feels like nothing on the skin,offers super natural finish without that ugly too much powder look.Doesn't set into pores or lines and for me works best to set my foundation on my eye area without emphasize the fine lines.I think this powder is very similar with the aero-matte powder from estte lauder but this one I think is much more fine textured than estee lauder's.The texture is very light,soft and pleasant to the touch.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2008 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Brunettegirl

I have not worn powder in a very long time, due to the fact that most make me look too matte and dull and sink into every fine line near my eyes, or leave me looking too pasty white. I live in a very huimd state and started noticing that my Chanel Teint Innocence compact foundation was getting slick looking several hours after putting it on. I do not have oily skin, (T-zone only) in fact more on the normal/drier side. Loving the foundation as much as I do I knew the solution was not to trade out the foundation for another, but get a powder to lightly brush over it. I expected to purchase the loose powder, but ended up with this and I am so happy I did. I think there should be more color options though for those of us in between skin tones. I am usually a NC20-25//Claire or Ivory in Chanel and translucent powder #1 seems just a tad bit too light, but it is so silky and light that I can make the color blend in without much problem. I am so happy I bought this as I feel it tones down any slick areas, evens out skintone, and gives you a natural but flawless coverage. I also like the ease of portability. No mess with the compact. Just dust it on and go and you can bring it along with you anywhere. Did I mention it's always fun to take out a Chanel compact wherever you may be? Lol...It always makes me feel very sophisticated and worth a million bucks...We are so worth it ladies...

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2008 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Selene15

woww, could my skin look anymore gorgeous with this?
i have this in translucent 1 and it matches my NW15-20 skin PERFECT!

seriously, it gives the most gorgeous look to skin ever.

and it doesnt feel cakey, it lasts a long time, and has a matte, but not overly matte finish.

this is the only makeup product i've thought about buying a backup!

lalalala-LOVE it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2008 12:24:00 AM More reviews by whirled

I love this! I can achieve the perfect even skintone you see in magazines. It's like I have (fake) perfect skin with this! I love this a lot! A little goes a long way too. Works really well with my Teint Innocence or BB creams. Would definitely purchase this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2008 2:18:00 PM More reviews by scubaair

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This powder gives me just the right amount of coverage - light and effective. Most powders either appear "cakey" on my skin right after application and/or later in the day. Every time I use this one however, the shiney face is gone, make up stays set, and you can't even tell that I'm wearing it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2008 8:52:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've tried LM's Loose Translucent Powder and MAC's Mineralize Satinfinish Powder in Light Medium and Chanel's pressed powder makes my skin look matte and gives great coverage. It doesn't dry out my skin like other powders and it lasts pretty long too. I still need to do touch ups during the day, but this powder is of high quality. Real pricey too.