April 21, 2014 | 1525 users online

Bronzers - Chanel - Bronze Universel De Chanel Sun Illuminator

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2010 1:02:00 PM More reviews by seachest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't say anything bad about this product. It's the perfect bronzing and contouring color for my skin tone, doesn't turn orange on me at all. It gives quite a natural bronze look, a more brown color than a golden color although there is, I think, a slight golden tinge to it. A beautiful color, really. I believe it's designed to suit both cool and warm skin tones. It is buildable. I use this sometimes just as a contour color, MAC 109 or 138 are excellent brushes to use for that, although I personally prefer the 138. If I want to apply it all over as a base I use a medium kabuki brush and just buff it in. Guerlain's terracotta bronzer 02 looks stunning on top of this just over the cheek bones, along the sides of the forehead, and under the jaw bone. Gives a more dramatic golden bronzed look, perfect for summer or those times when I'm fed up with my light skin during the winter. But it's great to use year round on it's own and I go for a more natural look on an everyday basis anyway. So it gets a lot of use. Definately worth the money, will purchase agan.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by mari42000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love Chanel..I love this product it will last forever.. This bronzer is kinda like the Nars multiple but much better because its Chanel...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

I haven't written a review on this in the year I've had it because I never could figure out the proper way to use it. The consistency is like a mousse, but its not fluffy like Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse, nor is it like a cream blush. It's like a moist compacted powder. Thats the best way I can describe it. It has a delightful fragrance that reminds me of a really good smelling shampoo or hair product. The color is a beautiful golden brown. If you swirl your brush in the pot, it doesn't pick up a lot of product. Which is good because it will give you the most natural appearance. I've tried several different ways of applying this. For a while, I was using a regular blush brush and applying it the same way I would apply my blush and it wasn't doing much. The I used the MAC 187 and swiping it along my cheekbones.. and again, didn't do much. Then I watched some youtube vids and saw that a lot of people were BUFFING it into their face. SO, I again took the 187 and instead, buffed it into my face after I let my foundation dry. And bam! Thats how you get the true color of this stuff. The more buffing you do, the deeper the bronze will be. My favorite way of applying this is with a large kabuki brush and swirling it in the pot, and in circular buffing motions, I will apply it to my cheeks, and forehead and run it lightly across my nose. It gives me the prettiest flush of color and glow. It looks more natural than any other bronzer I've used. You can also go for a 2nd swirl and deepen the color on your face if you'd like. I also like to swirl a little on my neck as well. It works wonderfully when my neck is a little on the lighter side. Love this stuff! Even though its pricey, it will last you forever! The pot is huge and you use such a tiny bit with each use. I definately recommend this.. just play with it for a little bit and see what works the best for you! :)

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2009 11:34:00 AM More reviews by cynthiafranck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I bought this product because I heard alot of good reviews on it. I love the packaging, it looks so elegant and the smell is amazing (smells kinda like peaches). this product is pricy almost 50$. The texture is like a creamy mousse, which I thought was interesting. It gives my skin a perfect glow and dosen't look orange or too dark.The great thing about it, is it's buildable to the desired shade.Sometimes I use it alone and at other times I apply my nars laguna bronzer lightly on top of it to intenseify the color. My only problem is, it tends to look alittle boltchy on one side of my cheek, which I think is kinda strange. I've tired applying it with different brushes, thinking it might be the brush causing it to do that. I used my Mac 181 se small kabuki brush to buff it in, which helped a little bit. I've only had this product for about a week, so I havn't really mastered the technique yet. but overall I love this bronzer and would definitly repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2009 10:55:00 PM More reviews by XP0S3D

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My first impression, "WHOA!" Not directly at the product, but the price tag it came with. I was a little hesitant about buying this product due to the price, but I heard about this product from a YouTuber, Lisasz09 who highly raved about this bronzing make-up base. This product used to be called Bronze Universel, but has now been revamped to Soleil Tan De Chanel. Besides the product name, the only difference between the is the color of the Chanel logo on the top of the cover. Bronze Universel is white, while Soleil Tan De Chanel is gold.

This product is labeled as a bronzing make-up base. From my understanding, aside from a bronzer, this product can be utilized as a make-up base (which I am assuming for individuals whose skine tone is close if not, the same as the product). Its consistency is comparable to NARS' Multiples. It is a cream bronzer, but once applied to the skin, turns into a dry finish. It has a slight fragrance to it, but nothing unbearable. In the container, there is a slight gold-like sheen, but nothing noticeable on the skin. The color pay off is not orange or muddy brown on my skin. It simply provides me personally a nice color - just like a natural tan.

Below are the pro's and con's I have regarding this product:

Pro's:

- Color (like already mentioned, provides a color of a tan)

- Blends effortlessly (I apply mine with a 187 MAC brush, stippled and blended using short circular motions and it is not streaky)

Con's:

- Price (retails for $48, while the product is nice, the price is a little too steep for me)

Besides the price, I find this product as one of my favorites bronzers. It provides the color I want from a bronzer and it does not streak. I'm sold!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2009 11:02:00 AM More reviews by betseyjohnson77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this back in may and have only used it a few times..i always seem to forget i have it,its a nice product with a decent scent..gives a great glow to my complexion..ive used it under foundation and worn it alone w/mascara as well. only because it will last me forever and i dont use it that much i wont repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2009 2:52:00 PM More reviews by karamino

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was disappointed when I first bought it and swapped it, then I decided to give it another try and thanks that I did that because now I love it. I use it as a base for either a stronger shade of bronzer or for blush and it lasts the whole day giving the skin a healthy natural sun kissed glow. Now it is a must for me. Im nc25 for reference

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2009 11:59:00 PM More reviews by hpolanek

Adore this stuff..if only it didnt cost soooooo much!! I was forced to find a dupe since i use bronzer everyday. I am telling you maybelline dream matte mousse foundation gives me the same look! I just buy it a shade or two darker than my skin tone and its feels the same going on my face and looks the same but maybe a bit more coverage..hard to explain the consistency of this..but it is the same! And costs so much less! I am in love!

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2009 10:40:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

For a cream bronzer .. this thing ROCKS! The only better one I've tried is NARS South Beach. Chanel Sun Illuminator gives a gorgeous sunkissed glow that isn't incredibly obvious. The only complaint I have on this is that it tends to be a smidge orange for my NC40 skintone .. but it blends beautifully and is perfect mixed with foundation and a little bit of MAC Strobe Cream. I can't see ever having to replace this because it's huge. Overall .. one of Chanel's better bronzers.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 8:42:00 PM More reviews by hana86

Hi! I got this bronzer when I purchased my nail color from Chanel..!! I was thinking of getting but thought it was limited edition! but it wasn't! so I bought it straight away when I saw it* and I'm glad I did!
This is a cream bronzer (like a hard-cream) and you can apply it with your foundation brush!!!
My skin color is quiet light but it doesn't look fake when I wear this!!! its not orangey at all and I love the color... :)
it looks super natural on the face because you can blend the color!
Since summer is coming up in Australia, I thought I'd get a bronzer.. and this will be in my top 3 bronzers........with laguna by Nars, So celyon by Mac......... etc!!!!