August 30, 2014 | 1185 users online

Bronzers - Chanel - Bronze Universel De Chanel Sun Illuminator

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by makeuploveandsoul

Love THIS! dosent break me out looks sooo natural and flawless. I use it on my cheekbones and buf it in with my NARS #19 bronzer brush! beautiful every guy/girl needs to own it at least once!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by mindynguyen27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love it! i dont really used it around my face bc i cant really see it on my skin and it rubs off my concealer when im putting it on, so maybe when my skin is clearer and i dont need concealer it will be be better. but i love this as a contour for my nose! since its kind of creamish at first it makes contouring my big ole nose look more natural! the color of it is perfect! i love this =) itll last me 1000 years bc i only use it once a day on such a small part of my face

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 4:29:00 PM More reviews by AJT711

GREAT PRODUCT!

The color of this bronzer is what makes it so great. Some bronzers look like you have mud on your face when you apply them all over, but this one looks like a glowing natural tan. This is the perfect product for me because I do tan my body but not my face; so this is great to even myself out.

HOW I APPLY:
At first you may wonder how to even use this because it is the consistancy of a soft soap. I found that the best way to use it is with a fluffy blush brush. I take my blush brush and swirl in the container and lightly buff this product on my cheeks, forehead, and under my neck.

I know this product is a little pricey but a little bit goes along way so this container should last you for a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2010 7:35:00 AM More reviews by LornaRestall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best bronzer i've ever used! You can put as little or as much on as you like, because it's not a powder (more like a moose that turns into a powder when applied) it looks really natural, so easy to apply. Looks amazing in the winter to build colour over foundation, or in the summer to give a gorgeous boost to an existing tan. I love Chanel packaging, it lasts a long time as well, I've had mine for almost a year and i would say i have just under half left, and i use it every day!

Although, because of the nature of the bronzer (its not a powder, sort of a moose) you probably wont be able to use a bronzer brush you already have. It has to be a large firm brush that allows you to sort of blot or jab the bronzer instead of sweeping the brush over it - its impossible to use fingers as well, because as i said before it's not exactly a moose its like a cross between a moose and a powder, very hard to describe! The best to use is the Chanel brush that's especially for bronze universel, just ask at the counter - this brush can be used for powder bronzers/blushers as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 10:21:00 AM More reviews by xoxHannaHxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I cant live without this bronzer! I use self tan religiously every week on my body but havent been able to find a tanner for my face that wont break me out, so i needed to find a bronzer that i could use to match my ghostly white face to my brown body! I used to use pressed powder bronzers, but i needed more all-over coverage which i couldnt have with a powder because it would become more and more cakey/muddy looking on my face. Then i found this bronzer by Chanel, which is meant to be an illuminating make up base but i use this ontop of my foundation and its amazing! It comes in a big circular tub which lasts for ages and is a creamy-gel like consistency. It gives the most glowy, sunkissed look which u can build to very tanned, i found the best way to do this is with the Chanel Le Petit Pinceau which i use to buff it in all over. Sometimes if im just popping to the shops ill put it on bare skin and it still gives a flawless, radiant finish.
The only downside is that some days, it can become a bit blotchy a few hours in but thats more of an issue with my skin than the product and it can easily be controlled with loose powder or blotting sheets.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2010 1:02:00 PM More reviews by seachest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't say anything bad about this product. It's the perfect bronzing and contouring color for my skin tone, doesn't turn orange on me at all. It gives quite a natural bronze look, a more brown color than a golden color although there is, I think, a slight golden tinge to it. A beautiful color, really. I believe it's designed to suit both cool and warm skin tones. It is buildable. I use this sometimes just as a contour color, MAC 109 or 138 are excellent brushes to use for that, although I personally prefer the 138. If I want to apply it all over as a base I use a medium kabuki brush and just buff it in. Guerlain's terracotta bronzer 02 looks stunning on top of this just over the cheek bones, along the sides of the forehead, and under the jaw bone. Gives a more dramatic golden bronzed look, perfect for summer or those times when I'm fed up with my light skin during the winter. But it's great to use year round on it's own and I go for a more natural look on an everyday basis anyway. So it gets a lot of use. Definately worth the money, will purchase agan.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by mari42000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love Chanel..I love this product it will last forever.. This bronzer is kinda like the Nars multiple but much better because its Chanel...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

I haven't written a review on this in the year I've had it because I never could figure out the proper way to use it. The consistency is like a mousse, but its not fluffy like Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse, nor is it like a cream blush. It's like a moist compacted powder. Thats the best way I can describe it. It has a delightful fragrance that reminds me of a really good smelling shampoo or hair product. The color is a beautiful golden brown. If you swirl your brush in the pot, it doesn't pick up a lot of product. Which is good because it will give you the most natural appearance. I've tried several different ways of applying this. For a while, I was using a regular blush brush and applying it the same way I would apply my blush and it wasn't doing much. The I used the MAC 187 and swiping it along my cheekbones.. and again, didn't do much. Then I watched some youtube vids and saw that a lot of people were BUFFING it into their face. SO, I again took the 187 and instead, buffed it into my face after I let my foundation dry. And bam! Thats how you get the true color of this stuff. The more buffing you do, the deeper the bronze will be. My favorite way of applying this is with a large kabuki brush and swirling it in the pot, and in circular buffing motions, I will apply it to my cheeks, and forehead and run it lightly across my nose. It gives me the prettiest flush of color and glow. It looks more natural than any other bronzer I've used. You can also go for a 2nd swirl and deepen the color on your face if you'd like. I also like to swirl a little on my neck as well. It works wonderfully when my neck is a little on the lighter side. Love this stuff! Even though its pricey, it will last you forever! The pot is huge and you use such a tiny bit with each use. I definately recommend this.. just play with it for a little bit and see what works the best for you! :)

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2009 11:34:00 AM More reviews by cynthiafranck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I bought this product because I heard alot of good reviews on it. I love the packaging, it looks so elegant and the smell is amazing (smells kinda like peaches). this product is pricy almost 50$. The texture is like a creamy mousse, which I thought was interesting. It gives my skin a perfect glow and dosen't look orange or too dark.The great thing about it, is it's buildable to the desired shade.Sometimes I use it alone and at other times I apply my nars laguna bronzer lightly on top of it to intenseify the color. My only problem is, it tends to look alittle boltchy on one side of my cheek, which I think is kinda strange. I've tired applying it with different brushes, thinking it might be the brush causing it to do that. I used my Mac 181 se small kabuki brush to buff it in, which helped a little bit. I've only had this product for about a week, so I havn't really mastered the technique yet. but overall I love this bronzer and would definitly repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2009 10:55:00 PM More reviews by XP0S3D

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My first impression, "WHOA!" Not directly at the product, but the price tag it came with. I was a little hesitant about buying this product due to the price, but I heard about this product from a YouTuber, Lisasz09 who highly raved about this bronzing make-up base. This product used to be called Bronze Universel, but has now been revamped to Soleil Tan De Chanel. Besides the product name, the only difference between the is the color of the Chanel logo on the top of the cover. Bronze Universel is white, while Soleil Tan De Chanel is gold.

This product is labeled as a bronzing make-up base. From my understanding, aside from a bronzer, this product can be utilized as a make-up base (which I am assuming for individuals whose skine tone is close if not, the same as the product). Its consistency is comparable to NARS' Multiples. It is a cream bronzer, but once applied to the skin, turns into a dry finish. It has a slight fragrance to it, but nothing unbearable. In the container, there is a slight gold-like sheen, but nothing noticeable on the skin. The color pay off is not orange or muddy brown on my skin. It simply provides me personally a nice color - just like a natural tan.

Below are the pro's and con's I have regarding this product:

Pro's:

- Color (like already mentioned, provides a color of a tan)

- Blends effortlessly (I apply mine with a 187 MAC brush, stippled and blended using short circular motions and it is not streaky)

Con's:

- Price (retails for $48, while the product is nice, the price is a little too steep for me)

Besides the price, I find this product as one of my favorites bronzers. It provides the color I want from a bronzer and it does not streak. I'm sold!