Sally Hansen Mega Shine Top Coat

3.4

on 12/3/2010 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm not a huge fan of the price, but I guess it's pretty normal for top coats...

More importantly, when I first applied it (as a manicure refresher, over a coat of Barielle Nail Rebuilding Protein, three coats of Milani HD, and a coat of Barielle Ultra Speed Dry Manicure Extender), it imparted a glassy shine that I really loved. The problem? I showered four hours later and found not just my nailpolish but the top layer of my nails peeling off. That's not okay. I'm returning this as soon as possible.

on 11/22/2010 8:56:00 PM

I like this a lot. It keeps my nail from chipping for 7 days. It's super shiny and dries pretty fast but it's usually the fourth coat I'm putting over my base coat and 2 coats of polish. I would also like to recommend CND toughen up base coat. It's not on MA but it makes my semi week nails really hard.

on 11/20/2010 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this for $7.50 and within 5-6 days my polish started peeling off in chunks. Sally Hansen promised 10 days of chip free nails. Well thats a lie and $7.50 in the garbage. I could've order the Seche Vite for the same price.

on 11/16/2010 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is ok. wen i say ok i mean it does dry my nales super fast and i can paint it on top of my wet nail varnish and it will dry fine, provided i do not move for a good 10 minutes. it creates a film over the nail which will slide around and crease the nail varnishif yo apply it on to wet nails. this "film" also causes a problem with nails chipping, as when my nails chip, a huge peice tends to come off not just a littlearoundthe tip of my nail. however if i am only wearing my nail varnish for a dy or too, it does add a great shine and allows me to save minutes of the time to apply.
as for the packaging, it looks great, but on a few occassions when i have applied it, little silver specks from the botte have ended up on my brush and occassionaly on my nail. hoefully this is just a one off bad bottle. over all this is one f the better top coats that i have tried on the market right now, and does certainly dry nails super fast and allows yu to do it straight befor bed with out worrying about smudges! ad is perfect for those special occassions as it leave a very proffessional finish.

on 10/24/2010 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Pros:
-Gave lots of shine
-Made my nails feel stronger and harder
Cons:
-I found it would lift the nail polish underneath and cause it to peel off. I'd notice it around the edges and I would actually be able to peel off the whole layer of nail polish.
-Doesn't prevent much chipping

on 9/27/2010 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I gave up on OPI's top coat due to it being a gooey, never-drying mess, so I tried this and I like it alright. I like a very shiny finish and it gives me one. But the best part of this is that it dries very quickly. It's saved me tons of time and nail polish since my OPI top coat manis and pedis would usually be ruined due to its snail's pace drying time. I can do my nails in no time now and they look great.

It is very prone to peeling, though (good for glitter polishes, not for anything else) and I find it spreads unevenly on application. It almost seems to separate from itself and create ridges. It's better than OPI fail coat, but I think Seche Vite wins. The drying time and shiny finish alone make it worth it for me in a pinch or if I don't plan on wearing a polish for very long (then I won't waste the Seche Vite).

on 8/28/2010 8:03:00 PM

I felt it went on too thick. It also dissolved and thinned the nail polish so it would smear off. Also didn't dry quickly. Very bad top coat. Used this with the Extended Wear Base Coat, polish only lasted for a week without chipping. That was with socks on most of the time, I imagine with wearing sandals, it would only last 2-3 days. I've had top/base coats that have made my polish last for up to a month.

on 7/12/2010 6:35:00 AM

Got this on special at my city's DFO for just a few dollars. Generally don't like Sally Hansen treatments (too peely) or Sally Hansen coloured polishes (too thin, runny, not pigmented) but I had heard such good reviews of this. Doesn't try that quickly which isn't suprising because its just sooo thick. It also says on the label you can apply it on wet polish which I just don't think works. My colours stain the applicator and causes the polish to take even longer to dry. If you have the patience to apply really thin coats, go for it. I reserve this topcoat for when I am wearing my nails bare, in that instance it dries okay and is super shiney.

on 7/4/2010 7:40:00 AM

I got two bottles of this from my mother and i don't mind it because it does a few really great things
1. It can go on top of not fully set nail polish,great for when I'm in a rush
2. it is soooo shiny
3. it sets quickly.
What don't i like? Well i find it actually makes my nail polish chip more quickly than without it even though it says extended wear top coat, its like it sets it so hard the polish cracks and peels away, and because i work with jewelery i am opening clasps all day etc so i need a top coat that really holds my nail polish. Another thing i don't like is that i can't see into the bottle so i don't know when it's running low.

on 6/13/2010 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I love this top coat! It dries my nails in 5 minutes. I can even do my nails at night with this because i wont have to worry about my nails getting ruined while i sleep. It leaves my nails super shiny! But it was a bit pricey but i wouldnt mind repurchasing because its worth it! The only bad thing about this is the packaging. I cant even see how much product i have left.