April 23, 2014 | 1959 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers - Mink

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Heard this was a great universal shade. Picked it up & wasn't too sure about it since it looked quite warm in the pan. When I swatched the 1st thing I noticed was that is was SO SO smooth & well pigmented.
I'm NW10 & it's a peachy-tan shade on me. If it was any warmer it probably would've been unwearable for me. It's a nice neutral/bronze shade & seems like it would go well with many shades (purples, greens, etc).
Update: I posted a swatch pic of this along with a few others. From L-R: Shimmering Sands (darkest, HL, the middle shade), Tapestry Taupe, Mink, Forever Fig

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 8:25:00 AM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one product that would never be in my m/u collection if it wasn't for this website. Cover Girl eyeshadows weren't even on my radar as of 4 months ago, and now I have a burgeoning collection of them....it's like they are rabbits, the way they are multiplying in my drawer! Anyway, the color, texture and finish of this shadow have been described beautifully by other reviewers, so I would just like to add that the quality that I am happiest with is how the color of this shadow brings out the green in my green/brown eyes. It seems like purples are always recommended for playing up both green and brown eyes, but I struggle with purples for some reason. I don't think they are particularly flattering with my skin tone, and sometimes give me that bruised look. But this shadow has none of those disadvantages, and also, since I don't like dramatic makeup, but prefer to use makeup as a natural looking enhancement, it thrills me that this shadow doesn't scream "look at my makeup!!". This is my absolute favorite CG eyeshadow, followed by Brown Smolder. The only one I've bought and haven't cared for is Swiss Chocolate, which is a beautiful color, but I am too old for all the sparkle and sparkle fall-out on my cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 11:42:00 PM More reviews by catie0018

I LOVE this eyeshadow! I picked it up on a whim because it was cheap and I needed one more item to qualify for the Covergirl sale, but I'm glad that I did! The shade is just a tiny bit darker than my skin tone, and has the right amount of shimmer to it without being too sparkly or dull, unlike most shadows. I apply it all over my lid and right underneath my browbone for a more casual look at work, and when i get home after hours it's still on, and looks just like when I first applied it. This is definitely my new favorite eyeshadow :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2009 11:51:00 AM More reviews by whisper

THIS EYE SHADOW IS THE BOMB. haha :-P It's velvety smooth and gives lids the *perfect* subtle shimmer. 'Mink' is what I'd describe as a pale, shimmery taupe-ish gray/medium champagne tone. I love using this for a highlighter on my brow bone just gorgeous. It's also beautiful layered on top of a deeper chocolate brown (like 'Brown Smolder'). The application of this shade could not be simpler. It is pigmented and blends so nicely; perfect for an everyday makeup look. I've actually had women in grocery store checkout lines ask me what I'm wearing on my eyes :-)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Fr0shy12506

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I HATE these eyeshadows ... From far away it actually looks pretty good.. but look up close in the mirror and its terrifying! It's chalky and sinks into creases! Thank goodness it's so cheap.. that was money not well spent. I would NOT get anymore of these. Only reason it gets 1 lippie is the color is pretty in the case lol

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2009 5:34:00 PM More reviews by b3l0vEd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe that I haven't reviewed this yet. This is my go-to shadow for when I go to school. Just a wash of this over my lids (with udpp underneath of course), tightline, and mascara, and I'm good to go. Its a gorgeous shimmery medium golden peachy brown that gives my small double lids the dimension it needs without looking overdone. I'm NC 30 for reference with slight yellow undertones. The texture of the shadow is very smooth and easy to apply and blend, its not chalky at all and its pigmented and true to color. I've had this for almost 2 years now, and I've already hit pan and have about half left. I hope CG never discontinue this and will definitely repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2009 3:05:00 PM More reviews by supie

This is my HG eyeshadow. I bought it cheap at the drugstore years and years ago and was just lucky that this is the one I decided to pick up. It is the perfect color for my eyelids. A glowy, sandy color that isn't dark enough to darken my lids at all, but isn't light enough to make my lids look frosty. It is the perfect shade, maybe due to slight pink tones that some have mentioned (but it doesn't wear pink at all). It can be worn day or night, even looks fabulous by itself with just a swipe of mascara, and is such a breeze to apply. It makes my blue eyes completely POP. Now that I'm looking into "higher" end makeup, I have been searching for a shade to at least equal Mink's perfection, but everything else seems to fall short. It's as if this accidental, cheap drugstore purchase has already raised the eyeshadow bar too high for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2009 12:27:00 PM More reviews by sg00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is first time I've bought Cover Girl in .... 6 years, I believe? :P I was pleasantly surprised by the quality. I tested the wear against one of my Clinique shadows, and they started fading at around the same time (surprising, right?) The texture is wonderful as well. It's -almost- silky smooth, applies evenly, and provides enough pigmentation each time. I picked up Mink because of the comparatively high reviews, and after testing this color out, I can see why many love this. Just a warning: this will work best for warm toned girls! I have yellow undertones to begin with, and this still takes a wee bit of peach leaning orange color on my lids. I can see this ending up as a orange nightmare on someone with pale skin (plus cool undertones.) On me, the glistening golden factor salvages it, and looks wonderful as a eye brightener. I was searching for something along the lines of my HG I-look-like-I-have-nothing-on-my-beautiful-shiny-lids-but-I-really-do Birthday Suit from Benefit, but this doesn't fit. It's more obvious when I wear this shadow because of the color. I probably won't buy this because the pan size is huge, but I'll definitely be watching CG more closely now. For reference, I'm a C3, with yellow and some pink undertones, fair-medium leaning towards medium skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2009 6:03:00 PM More reviews by _starry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I loooove this! I have tried Covergirl's champagne and tapestry taupe because of there great reviews but I hated them. Champagne didn't last and was too yellow and frosty and tapestry taupe had almost no pigment and had glitter in it :[

But Mink is amazing! It is shimmery not glittery light brownish color. The pigmentation is wonderful, it's smooth and is perfect to wear on the lid with a brown in the outer corner for everyday or school.

EDIT: Still love this but there's a lot of fall out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2009 5:14:00 AM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just love this shade of eyeshadow.
Warm rose gold shimmer, its just mesmerising.
Its like someone has just rolled gold leafing all over your eyelid.
If you haven't tried this shade yet I recommend you do.