December 22, 2014 | 1686 users online

Eyeliner - New York Color - Liquid Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by mellyru

Just tried this liner after several years of going without it and found it to be repackaged and seemingly reformulated as well. I remember the original formula being a tad more water resistant than this one. This formula also seems to be a lot wetter and thinner, which is good because it'll take longer to dry out, but bad because it's so messy and inconsistent to apply, especially to oily lids. While the original formula was my HG for a long time, I'm sad to say that this version is not. Although, the formula is much more matte and blacker. If your eyes aren't as oily as mine, this liner would be perfect for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by geefbaby

I heard they upgraded this product. Well I haven't tried that one but I LOVE the older version. It lasts all day long. I will def repurchase this product. First I apply my jordana felt tip eyeliner and then I apply NYC eyeliner on top to fill in gaps. The brush is great for winged eye look.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by StellaRose13

I bought this eyeliner as a trial. I had run out of my old one, and hey, why not? It was around $3-4. While I love how dark it goes and stays on, the brush itself is terrible. I find myself lining my eyes with pencil, and filling them in after with the liquid. It's difficult to use, especially when trying to get a thin point.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by 123loverXOXO

My HG liquid liner. This was the first liquid eyeliner I tried, and although I have tried other ones since I keep coming back to this. It is so easy to use, and it's super cheap! For $3.00 you really can't go wrong. It's super black, matte, amazing. Love this! I even bought 2 more backups just because a lady at walmart told me that NYC brand was being discontinued (I really hope that doesn't happen though).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by applecour

Love it. I don't use liquid eyeliner everyday, but this is definitely a treasure. I can get the thin line that I prefer with this, that I can't achieve that with Almay. I wouldn't repurchase though, it flakes and cracks too much unfortunately. I feel like with this product, you get what you pay for.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by RandiMichelle

I'm sad. This used to be my most favorite liquid eyeliner; better than any expensive brand I'd tried. With the long, thin, tapered to a perfect point brush, I was able to acheive a precise line of desired thickness that would last... and then, NYC "upgraded" the product :( UGH.

I was hopeful the stubby, jagged brush I discovered in the new packaging was a mere fluke in manufacturing that day, tossed it and purchased another... Same horror. Unusable!

NYC, why'd you "fix" what wasn't broke? Your new brush botched the windows to my soul - my sad, sad soul, longing for what used to be...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by nearyroth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner is TERRIBLE!! It is super cheap, the brush is the worst brush to line eyes with, the eyeliner flakes off in minutes and it's just an overall terrible liquid eyeliner. There are much better ones available, for example Maybelline Line Stilleto or Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by coolperson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall, I really liked this eyeliner. It has really good staying power and a nice, even, dark black line, especially in comparison to some other pencil and gel/cream eyeliners I'm currently using. For me, it does seem to take a little longer to dry than other eyeliners (probably just because it's liquid as opposed to pencil/cream). In general, I really like it for the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Dre5

I got this eyeliner in pearlized black. The eyeliner is good quality except the brush to apply the eyeliner is horrible, it's hard to control and the brush itself moves around too much so it's hard to get an even line.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by teatimes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The only reason I would not buy this liquid eyeliner again is because it is not waterproof. However, I do find it easy to use and the brush is fine and it draws a thin line -- the key is you have to wipe off the extra on the mouth of the bottle before applying. One pro to it not being waterproof is that if you make a mistake you can easily fix it with a wet q-tip, although I prefer my liquid eyeliner to stay put because it's harder than regular eyeliner to put on. Otherwise, it's cheap and probably good for a liquid newbie.