April 21, 2014 | 901 users online

Treatments - Elizabeth Arden - Eight Hour Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 8:23:00 AM More reviews by HaseenaWazir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a great product, i recommend it for absolutely everyone. It smells quite herbal, some people like it, some people dont but it works! I use it as a clear gloss over my lipstick, on my eyelashes, for itchy skin, and insect bites. its also nice to use on your cheekbones to give you a subtle glow. My boyfriend has really bad eczema and he uses it to soothe the itching or burning. No one should be without it

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After hearing soooo much about this, I just had to try it when I saw a set for $20 at TJMaxx. Unfortunately, it didn't do anything for me at all but please keep in mind that I have dry skin all year long..much more so than most people. Even petroleum jelly/vaseline doesn't moisturize my lips or face that well. My lips tend to dry and flake easily and this only made things worse. When I first apply this to my lips, it seems to do a good job of moisturizing but hours later, my lips would get sooo dry and start to peel. I tried it on several different occassions to give this a fair chance but always experienced the same negative results. I also tried rubbing an extremely small amount on my dry face at night..it didn't moisturize my skin at all. Maybe my skin just doesn't like lanolin. And it's true that this stuff stinks! I don't have a strong sense of smell but boy, the smell is pretty bad. Thank goodness I didn't shell out a lot of money for this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2011 3:27:00 AM More reviews by fpih

Ok, it may be too soon to write a review since I've only used this product for a couple of days, but I love it already! I used it as a lip balm and it immediately made my winter-chapped lips smooth and plump. And the amazing thing is, they're still like this, after using it 12 hours earlier. So, it's not just a "masking" effect, like many lipbalms have; it's a real treatment!

Plus, I used it on my eyelids last night that were flaking after treating them with a cream for allergies. Well, it's the first day in over a week that I have no flaking at all. And, I used it as a face moisturiser last night (can only think of it as a once-in-a-while treatment though since it's quite heavy) and a tiny scar I had from a spot that I tried to break, is very much diminished today.

Since my skin gets completely haywired on wintertime, developing red and flaking patches at random, I think I'll be using this cream a lot this year. And the fact is that you can find it on the internet for a very decent price, so there's no excuse for not buying it. EDITED TO ADD: I've been having a running nose for over a week and I'm using this every night to avoid a red and flaking nose. You know what? It totally works where vaseline hadn't in the past!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 4:23:00 AM More reviews by LookingGood85

I have a 30ml tube of this, which has lasted for about 3-4 years, and thats even after my little girl squeezed a load out when she was playing with it! I use it on my lashes sometimes before bed, and my brows to nourish them. I also use this cream, mainly, for my lips in the winter when they seem to dry out immensely and become chapped!! This cream is much better than any lipbalm out there!!! Once I run out, ill definitely be re-buing (probably on another flight next year lol) x

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by edelk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i bought this at duty free in a little glass pot, it is the limited edition anniversary packaging I think. I think it was about 14. I use it as a lip balm and it is amazing. I actually love the smell. I have had used loads of lip balms from really cheap to really splurging (creme de la mer). In terms of keepingyour lips moisturized and plump all day, this is the best. And you get loads, so really not expensive. Have never used on my face though or near my eyes, as I think it would make my eyes puff up

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by MitchieCatalano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have said many times before that i have extremely dry skin and it flakes all the time and that bothers me because i have good skin (knock on wood) but the flakiness makes me feel like i have the ugliest skin of all time, anyway, This thing is a life saver I've been using it ever since I was little and it gives me the glowiest skin ever which is a dream come true for me. it also doesn't break me out or anything because i have super sensitive skin and it just is a really amazing product and it's actually cheap if you compare it to how much you actually use!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Sambalina82

Well, I like this. I like the fact that it doesn't contain silicones (I think!) as my skin seems to be reacting to them of late. I like the fact that its multi purpose. I quite like the smell. Yes, I know vaseline would do the same job, but I also like luxury ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2011 6:55:00 AM More reviews by kristy88au

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is really good, but only for very few beauty purposes - burnt skin and chapped lips. If I have dry lips I apply this for two consecutive nights and they're completed healed and re-hydrated. I find the smell much too strong, and I think it's equally effective to Lucas Paw Paw Ointment, which is cheaper. I don't think I would repurchase at the current price.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2011 8:41:00 AM More reviews by Jessabell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok, it doesnt smell good, infact my boyfriend hates so much that he wont kiss me if im wearing it on my lips haha so maybe it should be renamed to "boy repelant" lol... but my god is it fantastic as moisturising! I always use it on my lips (except when around my BF lol) and when my eyes feel dry during the harsh winter months i even apply a dap around my eyes at night and does a fantastic job at restoring them to their .. ahem.. former glory haha... its expensive if you use it just as a lip gloss as i tend to do but ive had my tube over a year it will definitley last another year! fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by annekageary

I have had problems with possible acne on my face for the past 15 years! I have had antibiotic creams, pills, tried all the high street brands for acne which mostly just aggravate my skin, I was about to give up on everything when my friend who suffers with eczema gave me a pot of Elizabeth Arden eight hour cream, It worked almost instantly! And within a day the spot was almost gone. I have been to see a dermatologist in the last week and informed them of this cream they told me not to use it but I am going to as I am beginning to get scars and nothing that the Doctors give me settles my face like this. Regards to the smell of the product after the amount of antibiotic cream I have had over the years its nothing! It doesn't bother me in the slightest! 3 days before my wedding my acne flared up and I put some cream on and you wouldn't have even known I had had a spot 3 days before, I do think it is slightly over priced, however a small amount goes a long way, so it probably doesn't work out that bad and definitely worth every penny :-)