September 1, 2014 | 1951 users online

Treatments (Face) - Elizabeth Arden - Eight Hour Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by seussisms

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Finally figured out what the smell reminds me of - sage. Everytime I wore it, I felt like I smelled like Thanksgiving stuffing. Worked as well as most I've tried, nothing special.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by linzleah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product!! I can honestly say that its the one cream i cant live without.I use it on dry skin,burns,on my nose if i get a cold and my skin gets chapped.Its great for all of the family.Not everyone is a fan of the smell so im sure those who dont will be pleased when they launch the fragrance free version later this year.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Spiderkittens

It's not Vaseline! It has a petrolatum (Vaseline) basis, but the other ingredients added to it help it far perform Vaseline in terms of protecting the skin. It cured my winter-chapped face overnight and didn't break me out. When it comes to serious irritation and chapping, Vaseline doesn't even come close.
The smell is definitely an acquired taste, and it doesn't really soak into the skin. But it really holds in moisture if used after cleansing. Plumps and protects. A little goes a long way. The price is justified, I've been using the same tube for the last 3 winters!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by lollylilly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really, really want to like Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream, but honestly I just cannot get past the smell. In my mind, how well it works is irrelevant because of the horrible odor. It smells like an Irish sweater that got wet with a hint of something even more unpleasant, which I realize is because of the lanolin, but I really wish they had done more to mask it. I can't have it anywhere near my face because it makes me a bit sick, and the smell is still really strong when I put it other places on my body. That being said, it does do what it's supposed to fairly well. A few times this winter when I've been really desperate for some serious moisture I've pulled it out, but never when I'm going out anywhere, or even when my husband is around. I won't be buying this again and probably won't finish the tube I have - Vaseline could do just about the same thing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Bought this on a whim and now I don't know how I ever lived without it. It completely healed the horribly painful cracks I get at the corners of my mouth in winter, and soothes eczema like a dream. The ingredient list freaked me out at first but hey, if it works, it works. Soothes, protects, and looks great a cheekbone highlight, too! Plus, it smells like a spring garden. Absolutely indispensable.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Tpot

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My son had a bad outbreak that seemed neverending, his skin was inflamed and a furious red, & there was scarring & marks. I'd tried a few products to help control the outbreaks, but to no avail. I initialy bought this for my eczema, but I read from the web that some have used this product with success for acne skin, I asked the SA & she explained it may take 2 -3 days to bring down a pimple, not immediately, but it will help with healing as well as prevent marks. With such a thick greasy texture, I was seriously doubtful it would work. But as I was already at my wit's end, I decided to take the plunge (with a lot of trepidation!) & let him try it. & am I glad I did!! It has worked wonderfully for my son! Overnight, his skin calmed down, his forming pimples/acne subsided(smaller bumps), & his face became less red. In roughly a week's time, his skin had improved so much, & his scars & marks slowly began to fade & smoothed out, & no more red colour. Today, while he still has breakouts (teenager's hormones), it is under control & he is never without it, even when we travel. BTW, he applies it on affected areas only, NOT all over his face. As for the smell, he has never complained about it, & personally, I love the smell -such a lovely old-fashioned smell that you don't get from all those new heavily fragranced creams of today, which can trigger a migraine for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 4:20:00 AM More reviews by mandyaeqtx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is has been great for my skin this winter. I have been pretty sick with colds and this keeps the dry areas around my nose moisturized. I have also been using a lip balm and putting this over it as a kind of barrier. It is a nice product and not too expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 8:22:00 AM More reviews by LilLexy100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I first discovered 8 hour cream about 12 years ago and heard rave reviews about it. Anyway, I was full of cold and had dry chapped skin around my lips and nose so decided to treat myself. My first instinct was "what the hell is that smell?" - it totally wasn't what I was expecting! But to me it smells like Molton Brown's Black Pepper products and I've really grown to love it.

As for the product itself, I find myself always coming back to this year after year. If you have dry skin round the nose from a cold/flu, I promise nothing beats it. It's one of the few things that also sort out my chapped lips in winter. I fly a lot and I panic if I don't have this in my carry-on bag. A tiny bit warmed up in the fingers and pressed into the face is the best dry-air moisturiser that I've ever tried for those long haul journeys. I realised last night I have 3 tubes and a jar of this dotted around my house! And I do find the smell reassuring and comforting now!

I can understand why people don't like it - the love/hate smell, the very sticky texture (which personally makes it longer lasting than most petroleum based products and the stickiness does go away if applied to the skin) and the price is quite high. But it's fab so it's still getting 5 lippies!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 8:23:00 AM More reviews by HaseenaWazir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a great product, i recommend it for absolutely everyone. It smells quite herbal, some people like it, some people dont but it works! I use it as a clear gloss over my lipstick, on my eyelashes, for itchy skin, and insect bites. its also nice to use on your cheekbones to give you a subtle glow. My boyfriend has really bad eczema and he uses it to soothe the itching or burning. No one should be without it

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After hearing soooo much about this, I just had to try it when I saw a set for $20 at TJMaxx. Unfortunately, it didn't do anything for me at all but please keep in mind that I have dry skin all year long..much more so than most people. Even petroleum jelly/vaseline doesn't moisturize my lips or face that well. My lips tend to dry and flake easily and this only made things worse. When I first apply this to my lips, it seems to do a good job of moisturizing but hours later, my lips would get sooo dry and start to peel. I tried it on several different occassions to give this a fair chance but always experienced the same negative results. I also tried rubbing an extremely small amount on my dry face at night..it didn't moisturize my skin at all. Maybe my skin just doesn't like lanolin. And it's true that this stuff stinks! I don't have a strong sense of smell but boy, the smell is pretty bad. Thank goodness I didn't shell out a lot of money for this.