December 22, 2014 | 1830 users online

Treatments (Face) - Elizabeth Arden - Eight Hour Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by rach90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Brilliant! It took me awhile to decide to invest in it, but it's a decision I'll never go back on. I bought this a year ago, and I've barely made a dent in it. Sometimes I forget it's hiding in my draw and it's when I have stubborn dry, flaky and crummy lips that my usual lip balms are no match for do I remember I have this! One use and my lips are like 'chapped what?!'

I want to see if they have it as a chapstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by cren04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've used this product for years. I've got the hand cream, the lip balm and the original cream. I recently let my husband borrow it for windburn on his lips and now he's hooked. A beauty product that my husband loves? Now thats amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by conceal4ever

This is super strength vaseline on steroids. I use it on skin that is chapped, dry or peeling and it will help heal the skin, restore moisture and make it easier for you to peel off the dead skin after. I find it especially helpful in the winter on my lips, elbows and back of my ankles. A little goes a long way, so one tube will last almost a year before you have to buy another. You can even put it around your eyes without it irritating your skin. I think it's important to have one of these in your medicine cabinet, it can be used for a huge variety of things.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by seussisms

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Finally figured out what the smell reminds me of - sage. Everytime I wore it, I felt like I smelled like Thanksgiving stuffing. Worked as well as most I've tried, nothing special.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by linzleah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product!! I can honestly say that its the one cream i cant live without.I use it on dry skin,burns,on my nose if i get a cold and my skin gets chapped.Its great for all of the family.Not everyone is a fan of the smell so im sure those who dont will be pleased when they launch the fragrance free version later this year.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Spiderkittens

It's not Vaseline! It has a petrolatum (Vaseline) basis, but the other ingredients added to it help it far perform Vaseline in terms of protecting the skin. It cured my winter-chapped face overnight and didn't break me out. When it comes to serious irritation and chapping, Vaseline doesn't even come close.
The smell is definitely an acquired taste, and it doesn't really soak into the skin. But it really holds in moisture if used after cleansing. Plumps and protects. A little goes a long way. The price is justified, I've been using the same tube for the last 3 winters!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by lollylilly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really, really want to like Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream, but honestly I just cannot get past the smell. In my mind, how well it works is irrelevant because of the horrible odor. It smells like an Irish sweater that got wet with a hint of something even more unpleasant, which I realize is because of the lanolin, but I really wish they had done more to mask it. I can't have it anywhere near my face because it makes me a bit sick, and the smell is still really strong when I put it other places on my body. That being said, it does do what it's supposed to fairly well. A few times this winter when I've been really desperate for some serious moisture I've pulled it out, but never when I'm going out anywhere, or even when my husband is around. I won't be buying this again and probably won't finish the tube I have - Vaseline could do just about the same thing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Bought this on a whim and now I don't know how I ever lived without it. It completely healed the horribly painful cracks I get at the corners of my mouth in winter, and soothes eczema like a dream. The ingredient list freaked me out at first but hey, if it works, it works. Soothes, protects, and looks great a cheekbone highlight, too! Plus, it smells like a spring garden. Absolutely indispensable.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Tpot

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My son had a bad outbreak that seemed neverending, his skin was inflamed and a furious red, & there was scarring & marks. I'd tried a few products to help control the outbreaks, but to no avail. I initialy bought this for my eczema, but I read from the web that some have used this product with success for acne skin, I asked the SA & she explained it may take 2 -3 days to bring down a pimple, not immediately, but it will help with healing as well as prevent marks. With such a thick greasy texture, I was seriously doubtful it would work. But as I was already at my wit's end, I decided to take the plunge (with a lot of trepidation!) & let him try it. & am I glad I did!! It has worked wonderfully for my son! Overnight, his skin calmed down, his forming pimples/acne subsided(smaller bumps), & his face became less red. In roughly a week's time, his skin had improved so much, & his scars & marks slowly began to fade & smoothed out, & no more red colour. Today, while he still has breakouts (teenager's hormones), it is under control & he is never without it, even when we travel. BTW, he applies it on affected areas only, NOT all over his face. As for the smell, he has never complained about it, & personally, I love the smell -such a lovely old-fashioned smell that you don't get from all those new heavily fragranced creams of today, which can trigger a migraine for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 4:20:00 AM More reviews by mandyaeqtx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is has been great for my skin this winter. I have been pretty sick with colds and this keeps the dry areas around my nose moisturized. I have also been using a lip balm and putting this over it as a kind of barrier. It is a nice product and not too expensive.