April 17, 2014 | 1567 users online

Lip Gloss - Philosophy - Red Kiss Me Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2005 2:34:00 PM More reviews by salee730

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm always looking for new lip glosses .. found this one at Sephora and I am a big fan! It's a really smooth gloss -- not tacky/goopy at all - and it does make my lips really soft and shiny (but not in a crazy way). The color is nice & natural as well. One thing that kind of bothers me - when I apply it to my lips when they're wet, the color gets a little strange and streaky white. So, apply to dry lips. Even still, I'd buy it again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2005 3:17:00 PM More reviews by KatieLynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It pains me to say this, because I adore Philosophy, but this lipbalm is just no good. Actually, I would recommend it if you knew you could use it up within about 3 months. Otherwise, I warn you to purchase this at your own risk because in my experience it turned rancid very quickly. Kiss Me is very basic and, while it there is really nothing wrong with it (before it turns stinky and clumpy, that is) I just can't advise paying so much money for something you can get at the drugstore. It's no miracle product, it's just jazzed up vaseline with a slightly synthetic citrus fragrance. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2005 11:39:00 PM More reviews by nickysumner

I really like this product. To me it's like a combination lip balm/lip gloss. It imparts just a bit of shiny glossiness and red stain, both of which just disappear into your lips after about half an hour or so. I love that it's not too gloopy, so that your hair gets stuck in it. Also, I love the citrusy scent, but that's just my personal preference. I know many don't like this scent, but it does disappear within minutes. Also, I really like that it's available in a squeeze tube applicator with a slanted head. Nothing worse than a stick or pot of balm melting in your purse. It's been super-hot here this summer and this product has held up well for me. I'll most likely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2005 12:14:00 PM More reviews by chinamay524

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this (unused) at a flea market. I like the smell and the texture and it gives me just enough shine. I don't think it would be too expensive a purchase because if used sparingly, it goes a long way. Sweet, simple to the point and functional, IMHO....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2005 6:40:00 PM More reviews by JuniperStar

My former roommate thought it smelled like lemon bandaids, but i like the lemon scent to it. The packaging is not so great, I got the one in the jar. However, the lip balm itself is terrific. Goes on really smooth, feels really nice on my lips and gives it some shine. Its the best lip balm I've bought so far. Makes my lips look pink & pouty even though its not a lip plumper

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2005 2:12:00 PM More reviews by RucaRita

I really like this! I got this (squeeze tube version) in a swap and it's a nice alternative to Clinique Superbalm in Rapsberry, which can sometimes be too heavy on my lips. It's very slippery - like Rosebud Salve - but that's the texture I like for around the house or in class. The fragrance/taste isn't great, but I can deal with it and it fades. It makes my lips soft and leaves a subtle shiny tint. I'd buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2005 9:57:00 PM More reviews by meltywarhol

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very moisturizing lip balm. I've been using the clear version instead of vaseline at night with nice results, but the red version isn't really worth having. The color is nice, just a hint of natural red on my pink lips, but the texture makes it difficult to wear, because it's so oily that it slips all around my mouth--not a big deal at night, but not good for going out in public. I can wear it if I use a lip liner, like the cargo reverse liner or a clear lip pencil, drawn outside my lip line so my skin can benefit from the lip balm. That will keep it contained, but it seems like too much effort for just a bit of light gloss that doesn't really stay glossy for long because it gets absorbed into the lips. Moisturizing, yes; decorative, no. I have found through experimentation that this makes an excellent base for a matte lipstick. Because it sinks into the lips, it keeps them moisturized and comfortable (at least more comfortable than without it) without diluting the color of my lipstick. That's a nice benefit, but there's no need to have the red version when the clear version works just as well, and you can wear the clear balm at night without leaving kiss marks on your pillow! I really wish this didn't stink. It smells like an orange cleaning product, like some kind of industrial chemical that doesn't quite seem right to be putting on your lips. Since philosophy is known for their fragrances, I'm surprised they would put out a stinky lip product!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2005 11:46:00 AM More reviews by archgirl06

Ugh. Good packaging (I have the tube), good texture, horrible everything else.

Tastes and smells like plasticy fake oranges, no pigment whatsoever, $10 pricetag. I'm only going to use this because I spent $10 on it, but honestly philosophy, you have great 3-1s, why can't you make this lipbalm taste or smell better? It's really awful.

I will say something else positive though. Philosophy has amazing customer service. My cologne came and had exploded, I called their customer service and they are sending me a brand new one in 2-3 days. That's amazing. I will definitely be buying more of their products, hopefully the better ones!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2005 1:43:00 PM More reviews by spunky456

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am so unhappy with this; an impulse purchase at Sephora that shouldn't have happened. The texture reminds me of margarine or something - very greasy, and it tastes even worse. If you get this in your mouth (and really, how can you not), it coats your tongue like a film. Tastes like rancid orange. The colour is the only good thing about it, it's a pretty rosy red. Cannot be kept in warm places (ie. car, pocket) because it turns into liquid straightaway. Too much $$$ for an awful product. Save your money and buy a lip smacker.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2005 3:11:00 AM More reviews by wubblybubbly

I agree with others that said this smells a bit nasty. But the smell doesn't stop me from using it. This is a very sheer red that goes on evenly and leaves a stain on my lips even after the balm has worn off. I wear this with mascara on my "no make-up" days. I like the rosy hue it leaves and it's moisturising too. I don't reach for this very often, but I still like it to be there so I can wear it when I feel like it.