Lancome Blush Subtil Shimmer - Miel Glace 23

4.5

PTFE, nylon-12, zinc stearate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, boron nitride, dimethiconol, triisocetyl citrate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, acrylates copolymer, cetyl dimethicone, fragrance, isobutylparaben, methylparaben, phenoxyethanol, propylparaben, ethylparaben, butylparaben [ red 36 (ci 12085) - red 6 (ci 15850) - red 7 (ci 15850) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - red 21 (ci 45380) - red 30 (ci 73360) - carmine (ci 75470) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - barium sulfate (ci 77120) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289) - iron oxides (ci 77491, 92, 99) - ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - zinc oxide (ci 77947) - mica]

on 3/21/2008 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Love, Love, Love. To everyone who suggested this blush - THANK YOU!

This is the perfect nude blush for my PPP complexion. Meil Glace shows as a nude kissed with pink on me. This is EXACTLY what I was hoping Chanel's JOUES CONTRASTE Blush in Nude would be (but was way too warm). It isn't very glittery, but it does have a shimmer. There is a scent, but not overwhelmingly so.

on 3/15/2008 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have combo skin with dry/flaky cheeks in the winter and have always had a problem with my blushes because of it. My blushes always seemed to scream, "Hey check out my dry patches!" I would then try light reflecting blushes only to leave my house looking like the dancing queen at 9am. Blush was something that I just decided to skip, even though I really needed it - because it actually seemed to make me look worse. (I'm a PPP for ref).

Like many others on here, I own a ton of blushes ranging from Nars, Clinique, MAC, Christian Dior, you name it. I've found HG products before I never felt like I had a blush that truly hit the spot, they always seemed chalky, had too much glitter, the color was off or muddy...that is, until I tried Lancome.

I had only associated Lancome with my Definicils mascara which I've used forever. I never really thought to look at their blushes since I had tunnel vision for many years and stuck by my MAC. While I still love MAC for their shadows, etc. I have realized that in my late twenties, my needs have changed. I value quality more now and want to look polished and a little more natural/effortless now that my time is limited.

The color of the blush is as others have described it, an extremely light pinky-mauvy-peach with some sparkle. Not tacky, chunky sparkle...subtle, classy, "GLOW". It's a very buildable color and I highly recommend using a quality blush for application.

The color is extremely versatile and will basically match most eyeshadows/gloss colors so although it is pricey, it will reduce the need for you to buy multiple colors.

The texture glides on like satin and the lasting power is incredible, the quality is apparent and worth all 2,800 pennies.

on 3/12/2008 6:06:00 PM

This is a nudish/pink, slightly rose blush. If it were not for the reviews here, I would have easily side stepped using this blush.
In the pan it looks sort of blah, nothing special, but once applied gives a nice, gorgeous glow.
I am very fair, PPP with cool undertones, and this works great for me. (I thought it might be a tad warm for my skintone).

on 3/8/2008 4:22:00 PM

I agree on all the points with the reviewer below me. I love the pinky nude beige blush, it gives me so a pretty glowy look to my cheeks. The staying power is awesome but unfortunately that rings true for the perfumey Lancomey smell too. In general I don't like scented makeup products, they irritate me and there are few that I can tolerate. Miel Glace is one of those products that are so perfect in every way but the fragrance kills it for me. Shame, this rings true for a lot of Lancome products too. Though I do highly recommend Miel Glace if you are not sensitive to fragranced makeup..

For reference I'm Chanel Beige, Stila 30 watts, LM TM Sand, and GA LSF 5.5 in skintone. continued >>

on 2/24/2008 8:07:00 AM

There's lots of things I love about this blush. I love the pinky nude color, slightly shimmery finish and that fact that it's long lasting. My problem is that I hate the smell, and it doesn't wear off during the day. That's a deal breaker for me. It's a shame bc the color is a perfect pinked nude everyday blush. Neutral/warm tendencies - about an NC20. Won't repurchase :(

on 12/24/2007 2:56:00 AM

I absolutely love this color. For the longest time I've used blushes that were more on the pink side. This blush color is a bit of a bronze with a hint of peach in it and it looks so natural on me. I also love how its slightly shimmery without making me look too cheap and made-up. Mine was a duo that came with another blush color beneath it, but I don't even care about that other color. I only use this color on my t-zone and it's wonderful.

on 12/13/2007 10:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is one of my favorite blushes I always keep coming back to. I get distracted by other new shades (I love blush and am always buying it), but this shade always looks gorgeous and not too "made-up." In the pan, it's a shimmery honey pink color, and once applied to the cheeks, gives a naturally flushed, luminous look. This color is perfect for days I don't want to wear a lot of makeup and just want to look pulled-together. One of the best shades Lancome has to offer and I will continue to purchase this.

on 12/11/2007 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i don't know what it is about this blush. it doesn't seem to have a color when i swatch it on my hand, it looks kinda blah, ugly, and super shimmery in the pan. on my face, it looks sooooooo natural and pretty. it seems to blend in with my skin and impart the most natural looking bronzy pink flush. the color that shows up on my skin is completely different than the color in the pan and i don't notice any shimmer--just a glow. this is my most neglected blush because it looks so dull n the pan, but every time i put it on my face, i remember why i picked it up in the first place.

on 11/21/2007 1:59:00 PM

Holy expensive blush, Batman! But I tell you what, this is the most beautiful, subtle blush! I was a little hesitant to get it at first, because when I swatched it in the store, it really didn't show up on my hand. The blush is a light pink/beige/nude, and is so gorgeous. So based on a ton of raves on the board, and the gorgeous color, I had to try it. I'm a LLL (bordering on PPP in the winter), and this gives the most natural flush. I do tend to layer it on, since I'm used to using pretty bright blushes, but the color is just perfect on my cheeks. There is a *very* slight shimmer to it, but definitely not OTT. I love wearing this with a smokey eye, when I don't want to have too much other color on my face. I will definitely buy this again when I run out, which I surely will, eventually!

on 11/8/2007 12:33:00 AM

Gads this blush is pricy! But I had a disastrous mascara to return to the Lancome counter and decided to get some blush instead. Oddly this was the last one I picked. I tried the colors on the inside of my wrist, many were too orange, too dark, or too muddy. I thought this color would look muddy as well on my fair neutral skin but quite the opposite. I think I finally, finally found a blush for day or night, with any makeup. Its that versatile. I chucked the rest of my blushes after buying this one, so not only is it my perfect blush but it has also simplified my life! :-)

Popular Blush Products