November 26, 2014 | 1663 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by ameliaavenuee

I'm 18 years old, and always had trouble with my face. It was never too bad, nobody would say I had "acne"- as in a problem with it, but I constantly had a slight break out at least. I finally found this product after skin ID stopped being made and it's amazing. It's the only thing thats actually cleared up my face, not only getting rid of blemishes but also making it less red (I'm a redhead with fair skin, so a red face kind of comes with the trade). I hardly have to use foundation anymore, just to even out my skin, and no concealer. I use it twice a day, and then at least twice a week as a mask, and I absolutely love it. I have weird skin, thats gets oily throughout the day but dries out really easily, and this was perfect for it. I definitely recommend it for anyone like me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by heycourtanayxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

okay I have only used this once so it may not be the best review. Anyways I evenly distributed on my face and left it on as you would any mask. After i took it off my face was RED RED RED!! It looked like I had been in the sun all day and my face felt hot, not sure what was going on but regardless I don't use it anymore.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Bersey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sadly, I had to depart from this product after soooo many years of using it. This came to the rescue when I was breaking out during my teens years. In no time, this cleared up my acne and I was relieved. Butttt, just this past summer, Neutrogena decided to stop making them. I dont know but for whatever reason, that was the worse choice they could possibly have made. I was furious because they were no where to be found! I then had to find another solution to clearing my acne and I went with the Oil-Free Acne wash -- which dried out my face to the point where it hurt to smile. It came back two months later and I bought three just in case they decided to stop making them AGAIN. Well, turns out, my face wasn't used to it anymore and I started to break out badly. I returned all three bottles and currently, still on the look out for the cleanser that suits my skins needs.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by mags8

This stuff is a godsend! So much so that I felt compelled to write a review. I have been suffering from moderate-"holy crap look at my face" acne for several months now. Not something that a 20+ something woman should ever expect at this stage in the game. Must've been for all those years that I did not suffer from a single spec on my face. Well let me tell you, when stuff really hit the fan last summer, I didn't know what to do. Like most of us, I panicked and went out to buy everything to try whatever I could. I went from purchasing the usual stuff with salicylic acid and when that didn't work, I moved on over to using the glycolic acids, which somewhat helped. My face always had a new pimple it seemed, and not just any pimple...large, painful ones that I'd swear would grow in a matter of minutes. I went from wearing absolutely no makeup to foundation just to cover it up. So finally when all else failed, I was browsing through the shelves of ulta and saw this cleanser. In about three days I saw massive improvements. In a two weeks, everything was essentially cleared up. I saw a dermatologist anyway but I swear this stuff is a miracle in a bottle. I guess my skin just responds a bit more to the benzyl peroxide. I still use this as a facial cleanser everyday and the only con is that my once oily skin has now become somewhat dry due to the drying nature of the peroxide. Despite that, I can't say I've got much to complain about this product. I highly recommend it!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Ashlyluvz9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I gave this product and overall rating of 2. Why? Like some other comments on here, after applying the mask to my face, no lie after 2 minutes I got that sensation like as if my face was going to burn and sizzle off. I immediately ran into my bathroom and washed the crap off and noticed that I had looked like I a fried lobster. It hurt like a mother eff-er. Now the thing about why I gave this a 2 was simply because this product literally BURNED my acne OFF followed by practically dunking my face in the sink full of cold water to sooth my face. This happened about an hour and a half ago. And I am glad that my redness is going away. But yeah, you get my point. If you have sensitive skin, DO NOT EVEN THINK about grabbing this product for you will look like a red-faced demon. Not cool.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Keltonbuddy18

BEST ACNE CLEARING PRODUCT EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I started to breakout really bad. My normal Acne system didn't do anything. So I went to Walgreens and I found this product. It is a cleanser and mask. 2in 1!!!!!!!!!!!1. Cleanser it works okay but as a Mask amazing. cleared my acne overnight,

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by dragoncarrie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have slightly sensitive skin, so I suppose I should have known better.
Used as a mask, this made my face burn terribly, to the point that I had to take it off after about 2 minutes. Afterwards, my skin was red and irritated and burning.
I used it as a cleanser on my face once and it left my skin red and irritated.
I tried using it on my chest and back, as I have acne there, and it left it red and irritated as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by ryanpaigee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the reason I don't wear foundation<3 I use this once a day in the shower. I use it as a cleanser, I haven't used it as a mask yet. But in the past, I have had terrible skin. Redness, blackheads, breakouts, blemishes, scarring... Not anymore. This eliminated redness, dried up blemishes, prevented future acne, balanced my oily skin, and even got rid of blackheads. No other product has ever helped my blackheads. It's about $6 at the drugstore, which is amazing for all that is does. It has 3.5% benzyl peroxide- which helps eliminate acne and dry out skin. This is the only skincare product I use, and it's all I need. It's changed my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2012 2:01:00 AM More reviews by hrtbrkr78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went to Target looking for a cheap, clay mask but to my surprise, I had a hard time finding ANY mask. I didn't see any of the Freemans or Queen Helenes that I grew up on.

So I bought this for $6 which I thought was pricey since I'm used to drugstore masks being $3 (haven't shopped for masks in DS since I was 18). It sat in my cabinet for a while but I should have packed this on my trip instead of a cleanser and mask! I loved when you use this as a cleanser, it leaves your skin feeling refreshed and smooth, not tight like some acne products. It is not drying at all.

When used as a mask, I love love love the cooling, tingling sensation. It was easy to rinse off but it will be even easier if I used a washcloth.

I don't find the need to use an acne medication if I use this instead. Granted, I don't have acne-prone skin but do have breakouts occasionally and when Flo comes to town. I love products that do double duty so this will lighten my load on future trips. I just love this!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Emily88Tanner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE! Never buy. I used it a few years ago and it messed my skin up! Before I put it on, I read the back and it says (for the mask) to keep it on for 5 minutes. Good luck! I couldn't keep it on for 2 minutes! At first it was burning then it got so cold it kind of gave me a brain freeze! I know it says it's supposed to get hot or cold (I can't remember which) but it was ridiculously cold. So about a minute to two went by and I had to take it off. So I did. When I was taking it off I remembered that when I put it on a few years ago, it made my skin red for a really long time. So while I was taking it off, I didn't look in the mirror. When it was all off I could feel it still burning. I looked up at myself in the mirror and I was SO RED! It looked like I fell asleep in the sun for a few hours, it was (like I said) TERRIBLE. I have VERY pale skin so you could see every place that I missed with the cream. I thought that maybe the very first time I put it on it was just because I had sensitive skin, but after putting it back on today, and reading some other reviews, I know that it's not me, it's the product itself. If you like a red face, go buy some super red blush or something. Do not waste your money on this product. It is not worth it. I would rather put mud straight from the ground on my face and walk around all day with that on my face then use this again. So overall, it sucks so spend your money on some real face cleanser.
Thanks for reading and I hope this helped you!
-Emily.