Maybelline Volum Express Mascara

3.6

Volume express is probably one of the best mascaras you can buy. i honestly can't say one thing bad about this mascara.

on 11/24/2009 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Fans out lashes ands adds volume. Needs more volume in my opinion, definitely a good buy

on 11/9/2009 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have this in black/brown waterproof. This isn't clumpy, coats my lashes in one coat, doesn't leave spidery ends on my lashes, and it stays that way for about 3 months (the formula - I wash this off every night). It looks natural, not doll-like, which I like as my hair is curly and face is round (actually looking like a doll is Not sexy/cute after your teen years). This is just stiff enough to hold a nice curl without using a curler.

As for running or smearing under the eyes, there is none. I wear heavy moisturizer every day, don't set my concealer, and only use powder on my cheeks and forehead. Plus I'm a DJ and work long hours in hot, humid underground clubs. The high end brands all smear into my makeup (clinique, benefit, estee, lancome, buxom by bare escentuals).

I'm shocked that some are reporting that this smeared. Get it in the waterproof version! It works!

on 10/28/2009 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Clumpy, smears under your eyes. I know the brush is trendy at the moment, but I think it's TOO big, unweildy in my hand. Hard to get fine lashes detailed with this monster brush.

on 10/9/2009 1:59:00 PM

Fabulous mascara, I was so surprised! It is like they took their full n soft mascara formula and fixed all its problems to make the perfect mascara. It makes my lashes glossy and soft, and does not stick them together like Full N Soft. The formula is less wet too so it doesnt' make a mess. Never any clumping at all, Never any flaking or smudging either, woo hoo!
And the BEST part -- it indeed volumizes AND lengthens like no tomorrow! I wasn't expecting it to lengthen but it does as well, if not better, than my Estee Lauder Turbo Lash. My lashes are practically touching my brow bone! You can layer it for a dramatic night time look that is EVERY bit as good as Diorshow (very similar in effect actually).
Or, wear a single coat for day time.

I don't know why this mascara doesn't have better reviews..?

on 9/26/2009 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

one of my favorite mascaras. My eyelashes go straight down and this is one of the only mascaras that gives it good volume and picks them up. People ask me if I'm wearing fake lashes. I like the thickness it gives them they look full and dark.

on 9/24/2009 9:58:00 AM

This comes second after my MaxFactor 2000 cal mascara. Though it tends to clumps at time, i still find it better than others for my short Asian lashes :) it is cheap too!

on 9/15/2009 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I tried this mascara once but I think it's too heavy for me. I also found it clumpy. However, I do like natural looking lashes on a daily basis, so it might be good for those who want a more dramatic effect.

on 9/14/2009 4:36:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

my HG mascara! i've been using it for awhile now, and i really love it. i have naturally curled eyelashes that are somewhat long without mascara, but this mascara makes them longer, fuller and dark without being too overpowering (i have suuuper blonde eyelashes naturally). i only use 1-2 coats most days, but even if i use 3+ coats, the mascara never clumps and my lashes are separated w/o ever using an eyelash brush. i have been complimented several times on my lashes while wearing this mascara! the only thing (which i don't consider to be a huge problem) is that at the end of a long day, i occasionally have a slight amount of smudging underneath my eyes, but it is easily wiped away with a tissue or tiny amount of baby oil. i personally use the 3x volume. i once bought the 7x volume by mistake and i HATED it. it dried way too fast, was clumpy AND flakey. 2 coats was impossible. never again! i tried the maybelline lash stilleto but wasn't very impressed. i ended up coming right back to this mascara! works great, good price ($5 i believe).. can't beat it! i highly recommend giving this a try.

on 9/9/2009 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I always branch out to other brands but find myself coming back to maybelline for mascaras. I like that this doesn't clump and it's a dark black. Also, it doesn't leave your lashes crispy at all and no flakes either. This is a good everyday mascara, but I usually put it over maybelline lash stiletto since it really doesn't add any length. I find though that those two together work really well at making long/big lashes.