October 25, 2014 | 1610 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum Express Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by enydonus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in black/brown waterproof. This isn't clumpy, coats my lashes in one coat, doesn't leave spidery ends on my lashes, and it stays that way for about 3 months (the formula - I wash this off every night). It looks natural, not doll-like, which I like as my hair is curly and face is round (actually looking like a doll is Not sexy/cute after your teen years). This is just stiff enough to hold a nice curl without using a curler.

As for running or smearing under the eyes, there is none. I wear heavy moisturizer every day, don't set my concealer, and only use powder on my cheeks and forehead. Plus I'm a DJ and work long hours in hot, humid underground clubs. The high end brands all smear into my makeup (clinique, benefit, estee, lancome, buxom by bare escentuals).

I'm shocked that some are reporting that this smeared. Get it in the waterproof version! It works!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2009 11:29:00 PM More reviews by suzzen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Clumpy, smears under your eyes. I know the brush is trendy at the moment, but I think it's TOO big, unweildy in my hand. Hard to get fine lashes detailed with this monster brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2009 1:59:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Fabulous mascara, I was so surprised! It is like they took their full n soft mascara formula and fixed all its problems to make the perfect mascara. It makes my lashes glossy and soft, and does not stick them together like Full N Soft. The formula is less wet too so it doesnt' make a mess. Never any clumping at all, Never any flaking or smudging either, woo hoo!
And the BEST part -- it indeed volumizes AND lengthens like no tomorrow! I wasn't expecting it to lengthen but it does as well, if not better, than my Estee Lauder Turbo Lash. My lashes are practically touching my brow bone! You can layer it for a dramatic night time look that is EVERY bit as good as Diorshow (very similar in effect actually).
Or, wear a single coat for day time.

I don't know why this mascara doesn't have better reviews..?

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2009 8:42:00 PM More reviews by vampira428

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

one of my favorite mascaras. My eyelashes go straight down and this is one of the only mascaras that gives it good volume and picks them up. People ask me if I'm wearing fake lashes. I like the thickness it gives them they look full and dark.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2009 9:58:00 AM More reviews by tengyteng

This comes second after my MaxFactor 2000 cal mascara. Though it tends to clumps at time, i still find it better than others for my short Asian lashes :) it is cheap too!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by ahraffarha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I tried this mascara once but I think it's too heavy for me. I also found it clumpy. However, I do like natural looking lashes on a daily basis, so it might be good for those who want a more dramatic effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2009 4:36:00 AM More reviews by saraelaine87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

my HG mascara! i've been using it for awhile now, and i really love it. i have naturally curled eyelashes that are somewhat long without mascara, but this mascara makes them longer, fuller and dark without being too overpowering (i have suuuper blonde eyelashes naturally). i only use 1-2 coats most days, but even if i use 3+ coats, the mascara never clumps and my lashes are separated w/o ever using an eyelash brush. i have been complimented several times on my lashes while wearing this mascara! the only thing (which i don't consider to be a huge problem) is that at the end of a long day, i occasionally have a slight amount of smudging underneath my eyes, but it is easily wiped away with a tissue or tiny amount of baby oil. i personally use the 3x volume. i once bought the 7x volume by mistake and i HATED it. it dried way too fast, was clumpy AND flakey. 2 coats was impossible. never again! i tried the maybelline lash stilleto but wasn't very impressed. i ended up coming right back to this mascara! works great, good price ($5 i believe).. can't beat it! i highly recommend giving this a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2009 4:07:00 AM More reviews by xsnowwhite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I always branch out to other brands but find myself coming back to maybelline for mascaras. I like that this doesn't clump and it's a dark black. Also, it doesn't leave your lashes crispy at all and no flakes either. This is a good everyday mascara, but I usually put it over maybelline lash stiletto since it really doesn't add any length. I find though that those two together work really well at making long/big lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2009 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Jules211

This has become my standby mascara... I have tried SOOO many brands but this one is a consistent favorite. It adds a little volume and length and holds a curl. I'm starting to believe there is no such thing as a perfect mascara, but this one meets my needs for the most part and I have found myself not as interested lately in experimenting with other (pricier) brands.
**UPDATE** had to take off a lippie because I just don't get good results with this anymore. Not sure if the formula changed or if it's my lashes maybe because I do use Latisse and my lashes are quite thick/long now. I am currently using and loving Prestige My Biggest Lashes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2009 2:41:00 AM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have had good luck with this one, more luck than with the numerous department store mascaras Ive tried. Full n Soft is my other drugstore mascara standby. This formula is a bit wetter and takes longer to dry. I always curl my lashes, and this holds a curl well. I can layer it about 3482379 times with the help of a lash comb to avoid clumping. Throughout the day, smudging and flaking is minimal, if existent at all. I recommend trying this product, especially considering how inexpensive it is.