August 28, 2014 | 829 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Alcohol-Free Toner

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by rocketinthesky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!! I was using a very harsh toner previously, and I realized it was causing my face to produce more oil, so I decided to look for a nice toner without alcohol/harsh chemicals. I am SO pleased with this toner. It feels nice and fresh, and the smell.. it's so hard to describe, but it's a very clean smell. I put this on and think to myself "ahh, it's gonna be a good day today". +for $8? What a steal! I'd have to say it's evened out my skin very nicely, and kept my face from being super dry. can't recommend this enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 4:48:00 AM More reviews by byzantium

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a toner I keep coming back to. It smells great, and is gentle yet effective. I was skeptical about how well an alcohol-free formula would work on oily, somewhat acne-prone skin, but it does a fantastic job of making my skin clean and refreshed.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by boobiedoobiedoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great. I have sensitive skin and most toners really irritate my face. This is the only one that dosen't irritate my face, dry my skin out, and it dosen't cost a lot. I love it ♥

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2011 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Marian93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

its really good to make sure that u dont have more makeup on your face

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Armywife3409

I love this stuff, pure and simple. Twice a day I swipe it on and it takes care of the hard water and soap residue. It tingles a bit, which I love, and it does take a little while to dry, but thats fine with me! My sensitive skin loves this stuff - I actually thanked my mother for having it on hand for me to steal the first time - I try more expensive products, but keep buying this instead! Neutrogena - my wallet and my face thank you!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 1:51:00 AM More reviews by mreo

I love how refreshed and clean my face feels when I'm putting this on; I love how it doesn't irritate or dry out my skin; and above all, I absolutely love love LOVE the way it smells, for some reason! I haven't tried many other toners on the market, but I also don't really feel the need to.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by brendalhp

I have not been using a toner as it is quite hard for me to find one that doesn't cause breakouts [the previous toner I used was from SKII and the experience was a disastrous one]. Happened to read about this product a few days ago and decided to try it since it is known to be Alcohol free.

To play safe, after cleansing at night [I start off with using it once a day], I pour a significant amount onto a cotton pad and apply the cotton pad to my nose bridge and chin. I choose these 2 locations as I tend to have breakouts on these areas if an unsuitable product has been used.

So far, no breakouts has been experienced. I do notice that the used cotton pad remains 'clean' with no makeup traces picked up. Am not sure if it is because this toner is 'weak' or proper cleansing and complete removal of my makeup has been accomplished with my Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil.

It is easy to dispense the required amount with control due to its small-mouthed nozzle. Price is really cheap [bought it in Singapore's Watsons for S$11]. It has a mild scent of which I find it soothing.

In all, there is nothing to complain about this product for now. Will provide an updated review when I have used it for a month.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by SMOOTHGIRL

I like this toner, it is non-drying and does not irritate my sensitive skin. I love the fragrance.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by missmanda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this toner is......ok. it's a light scent and light formula, doesn't feel filmy when it's dry and not irritating at all but.... it seems uneffective to me. i guess i kind of like toners with a bit of alcohol :/ i never get anything on my cotton pad when i use this and i though my cleanser must be great, lol! but at some point i tried either witch hazel or some other toner after the same cleanser and found stuff on it - that changed my opinion of this toner. i though "what else have you been leaving behind?"... i suppose this would be fine for sensitive skin but it's certainly not for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by TrishyB

I've just finished my bottle of this toner and it's the first time I've used a Neutrogena toner - or any toner for that matter, (I don't really bother with toners) and I'm surprised at how good this stuff is. I also use Neutrogena Deep Clean cleanser and I thought that would get rid of all the dirt and makeup off my face, but I was wrong! No matter how well I wash my face, when I use this toner, the cotton pad usually has a tiny bit of dirt on it. Using this toner gives me peace of mind that my face is actually clean. It doesn't dry out my face, or make it feel tight... Gentle but effective!
I'm only giving this a 4/5 becasue there hasn't been a real change in my skin from using this. But overall a good product