November 26, 2014 | 1699 users online

Concealers - TheBalm - TimeBalm Concealer

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by gint518

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I ordered in the lightest color- Lighter than Light- and it was still waaaayy too dark for me. Too orange too. Looked nothing like the color shown on Sephora.com.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by makeitadouble

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After trying dozens of concealers that all promise to be the best, I'm ready to declare this one my Holy Grail. I keep getting sucked in to sales pitches and claims of greatness, but I always come back to this product. I'm done...there is no better concealer out there IMO. It's creamy enough w/o being slippery/shiny, the coverage is great, and it doesn't settle in lines. And, it lasts a looong time, which makes it a great value as well. Highly recommend it for anyone who has been searching for years like I had.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by iberian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Excellent concealer. I'm NC20-25 and use Light, it's a very good match. I have bags under my eyes and this camouflages them well. My skin is normal-to-dry. This does not crease and it holds up in humid weather. In drier weather, it also holds up well without getting cakey. The clincher for me is the formula - it's a 'dryish' cream, so it glides on without tons of slip, therefore it sticks to skin better than most yet it doesn't settle into my fine lines at all. I used to use Erase Paste but this formula is so much better - and it sort of 'brightens' the eye area. I usually use TFSI underneath and a bit of setting powder, but even on bare skin it still works well. Also excellent on my lids to even out the discoloration, and for small spot concealing on blemishes.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2011 5:35:00 AM More reviews by sputnik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my little pot of photoshop.
I'll get the negative stuff out of the way and say my piece about the packaging. Yes, the screw top is annoying because if you're not paying attention, it doesn't close 'perfectly aligned'...and that joke of a sponge really has no business of being there because it just gets in the way of this amazing product.
I tried this because I broke out from using MAC's studio finish. This product conceals redness, acne scars (yes, the ones that I got from using mac, boo!), and undereye circles beautifully.
It's so easy to use, I apply it with a concealer brush (the body shop makes a good one) and I dab it with clean fingers to warm up the product to blend. The concealer disappears on my skin-- along with the blemishes it covers-- it doesn't oxidize on me, and I don't get any of that unattractive flaking either. The light medium shade matches my skin perfectly; not too pink, not too yellow.
Apart from the packaging, my only other wish for this product's improvement is on its staying power. It's easy enough to reapply, but I wish I didn't have to. It stays on my combination/oily skin for about 3 hours max. in humid conditions-- ok, maybe it's not too bad.
Try it, you might like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 2:58:00 AM More reviews by lovespugs

I purchased this in "lighter than light". What a magnificent job this concealer does! I have tried so many concealers and they have ranged from terrible to OK. I have been looking for a concealer that will moisturise and also brighten the undereye area a little. I do not have heavy duty concealing to be done, but I do not want fine lines accentuated. This concealer genuinely delivers what it promises which is to be a moisturising concealer. My under eye area looks bright and fresh. The texture is paste-like in the container, but goes on very smoothly and is so easy to work with. For the under eye area, I apply it with my fingers and them blend it with a slightly damp sea sponge. If I am using it on other areas of my face (which thankfully is rarely), I will apply with my fingers and then dab and blend until I get the result I want. I use this in conjunction with Balm Shelter Tinted Moisturiser and for now, I have my HG foundation and concealer!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by moments12

Well, initially when I started using this, I fell in love with it and started recommending to all my friends. It conceals everything extremely well. My main concern was under-eye - dark circles, fine lines etc, occasionally pimples also and it worked.

However, after many months, I can't give you an accurate timing, but I noticed the cream seemed to dry up a lot. I did not read so much into it at first. However, I began to see fine lines appearing more obviously in photos especially during the winter and it was unsightly in photos. I wonder why because when I have no make up on, the lines were okay. Initially, I thought I was getting older and should be concerned with wrinkles and wanted to get anti-aging eye cream to cure it. But I was only 22 years old. A salesperson I met in the airport told me that my lines were just mild laughing lines and I should not worry about it when I was barefaced. So later on, I discovered it was this concealer that was amplifying the problem. I spoke to a makeup artist and was recommended to use Time Balm as a face concealer instead of under-eye. Hence, now I am on a lookout for under-eye concealer again!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by atomickittenlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Terrible. Not worth the money at all. Its thick, slides off easily, unhygienic jar. I now use MUFE full coverage concealer which has been fantastic, especially for dark eye circles!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by masa_inn

Ouch.

Contra:
- cakes in the fine lines. Sits there comfortably, yelling: "Look, peeps, masa_inn has fine lines!!"
- does not cover my dark circles. Yes, they are pretty bad; but I expected a good coverage from this product. Instead of covering them Time Balm makes them zombie-gray. Yeah, I know I need a corrector, but I'd rather shell out the same $$ for BB.
- disappeares in about 3 hours effectively rendering all the above moot.

Mind you, I tried it with moisturizing cream under, without; tried melting, not melting; applying with my fingers, with a brush; and standing on my head. Same results, or lack thereof.

Pro:
- I can return this crap in a jar to Sephora.

Bummer. I do need concealer; and I love TheBalm.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by LeJaide

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the best concealer I've EVER used and I have fairly dark circles under my eyes. It's creamy and covers extremely well. I haven't had issues with orange-ness as someone mentioned. I'm fair and they have the perfect light-medium colour. Sephora helped me pick it out otherwise I may have chosen a different colour. I also like that it's actually good for your skin so you can put it on at nite after your eye cream too but I never think to do that. Anyways, so far this is my HG of concealers by far. Also, here's a tip that may help: I've noticed if I wait to put powder on top of the concealer until after I've finished the rest of my make up it doesn't look dry or show lines.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this. It looked like the perfect cover up, but for me it fell very short. This is not as creamy as it looks. I found this very thick and very hard to really melt into my skin. The shade for me was off - even the shade I thought would look right still looked a little orange on me. The container of this is a pain for when you try to get the concealer out. I just was not happy with this.