September 21, 2014 | 968 users online

Concealers - TheBalm - TimeBalm Concealer

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by masa_inn

Ouch.

Contra:
- cakes in the fine lines. Sits there comfortably, yelling: "Look, peeps, masa_inn has fine lines!!"
- does not cover my dark circles. Yes, they are pretty bad; but I expected a good coverage from this product. Instead of covering them Time Balm makes them zombie-gray. Yeah, I know I need a corrector, but I'd rather shell out the same $$ for BB.
- disappeares in about 3 hours effectively rendering all the above moot.

Mind you, I tried it with moisturizing cream under, without; tried melting, not melting; applying with my fingers, with a brush; and standing on my head. Same results, or lack thereof.

Pro:
- I can return this crap in a jar to Sephora.

Bummer. I do need concealer; and I love TheBalm.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by LeJaide

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the best concealer I've EVER used and I have fairly dark circles under my eyes. It's creamy and covers extremely well. I haven't had issues with orange-ness as someone mentioned. I'm fair and they have the perfect light-medium colour. Sephora helped me pick it out otherwise I may have chosen a different colour. I also like that it's actually good for your skin so you can put it on at nite after your eye cream too but I never think to do that. Anyways, so far this is my HG of concealers by far. Also, here's a tip that may help: I've noticed if I wait to put powder on top of the concealer until after I've finished the rest of my make up it doesn't look dry or show lines.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this. It looked like the perfect cover up, but for me it fell very short. This is not as creamy as it looks. I found this very thick and very hard to really melt into my skin. The shade for me was off - even the shade I thought would look right still looked a little orange on me. The container of this is a pain for when you try to get the concealer out. I just was not happy with this.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by CarolynKeene

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have somewhat bad circles, emphasized by the old-lady bags I'm starting to get. I went on a concealer mission and Time Balm was on my list. The price is decent for a non-d/s brand, and the formula is neither too greasy nor too dry. (For reference, I'm NW15 and Light was a good match.) The screw-top packaging is cheap, but compact. However, despite all my application tricks, this settled right into my lines and took a nice nap. Worse, it created new lines. (Insert sad face.)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2011 3:22:00 AM More reviews by fionamimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this about 3 months ago, I'm not too much of a fan of it because I don't think it hides enough to be a concealer.

To be honest, I don't have a lot to cover at the moment but it didn't do much for me.

It is creamy, must dab into areas before blending because the first area you apply to is gonna continue to have that first touch mark. It's a little hard to blend out.

For $18, I think you can get a better concealer that actually conceals.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by pulitzer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

LIKES: creamy, opaque, not too rich so that it is unblendable, relatively good staying power (my face gets oily around mid day and it is still there but disappears at end of day)

DISLIKES: does NOT work well for dry skin in my experience - i lay off this in the winter because the consistency just accentuates dry areas, the cap is inconvenient, can settle into fine lines and doesn't have any moisturizing quality, the sponge is kind of useless as i don't want to put it back in after i use it, no anti-wrinkle properties that i can tell...

I see how people compare this to MAC studio finish. I have both and don't particularly prefer one to the other. They are both decent concealers but a little too rich for under eye and dryer skin (I have combo skin). I am shade NC35 in Studio Finish and I got Medium which is a pretty close match but less yellow.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2011 5:35:00 AM More reviews by stargal33

Don't understand the raves about this here. Does nothing for me. It looks pigmented does not cover my very dark circles. Does not even brighten the area. Bought the shade Light, a little too dark for me. But dare not try lighter than light, Coz it looks white when I applied it on my hand. And so the search for HG concealer continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by redchinamarker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I know at some point in my life, I considered this product to be HG. I don't know what I was thinking. I'm not a stickler for makeup hygiene in that I don't consider tubs of makeup to be inherently evil, but WOW this product attracts dirt. I always apply concealer with a finger to warm it up and if I have even the tiniest clothing fiber on my finger it gets trapped in the sticky pot. Not only that, if while I'm wearing it I encounter even a tiny speck of dust it will also stick to my eye. This stuff is so, so sticky. So sticky it transcends creaminess.

It also has cheap and unwieldy packaging and mediocre staying powder (it sinks into the skin but floats to the top after an hour). If you're like me and have seriously purple dark circles, I'd recommend a similar but superior product, Skinfood Salmon Dark Circle Concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by noellethediva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am surprised to not see more good reviews for this! I use it mainly for dark under-eye circles. it only takes a little bit as it is highly pigmented, matches my skin, creases less than any other similar product I have used, isn't greasy, and completely hides this problem I have with the dark circles in a way that looks totally natural. I discarded the useless little sponge and just use my finger and pat it under the inner half of my dark circles until it looks seamless. Applying it to the outer half, well, any product will settle into fine lines if you do that, if you're getting older like me try just applying concealer to the inner half and just patting it out until the circles are gone - avoid the outer eye area. A fine dusting of powder sets it all day, and it does last all day on me. Less is more with this product. I will continue to purchase, but this little pot will last me a long time. for blemishes and other discolorations I use the UD wonder brush to lightly dab it then I pat with my fingertips until it's seamless as well. I have experienced no caking, greasiness, or other negative issues with this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by suzannaelektra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This concealer is good, very creamy and pigmented. A little goes a long way and it's easy to blend. It's nothing super special and apparently there is treatment in it for fine lines and darkness? I didn't use it long enough to see those results. All in all, it's just an ok concealor. I used mid-medium.