July 28, 2014 | 1313 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - MagnaScopic Maximum Volume Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by kelleythegreat

I got this is a sample size as well, and it's a pretty terrible mascara. It instantly starts to clump upon application, and smears/flakes easily. Plus, the brush probably isn't the best - the bristles are way too small for my taste.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2009 2:12:00 PM More reviews by JClarke

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this as a free sampl so can't really comment on the price or the packaging.
It's an OK mascara. I would have been gutted if I had paid a lot of money for it though, expecting it to add "max volume" as promised, because it doesn't. It just darkens the eyelashes. Nothing very special about it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2009 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Zarahshortlash

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

No, no, no, no. I have short, Korean lashes that need both volume and length and this didn't do either. Plus, it started to flake after a couple of hours which was really irritating - both mentally and to my eyes. It practically didn't give any length at all, and when it comes to the volume.... A L'Oreal mascara comes to mind, I think it was named Feathers (isn't sold anymore in Sweden) because it was supposed to give feather light lashes. It worked wonderfully on my lower lashes, since it didn't give neither volume nor length. Just as this one. And I'm almost offended that Estee Lauder sets this high price on this awful product that doesn't do what it says it would. Not even by a horse-length. Don't buy this, buy Diorshow Iconic instead. Gives you lashes that almost seem to be fake.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2009 6:55:00 PM More reviews by sweetie02

The mascara does legthen and volumize, but it has too much of a stiff feeling and way too much clumping. This makes it really difficult to apply to the lower lashlines. To tell the truth, I was never happy with mascara from Estee Lauder, so switching off to Lancome.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2009 4:45:00 PM More reviews by winddancer1323

This was my high end mascara purchase, and after trying out this mascara, I have never been able to convince myself to shell out more than 10 bucks for mascara ever again. This mascara is one of the worst in the market. Gave me spidery, clumpy, stick straight lashes. Save your money and buy covergirl professional all-in-one instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Blondie4445

Ok I'm not sure why this mascara has so many negative reviews. I absolutely love it. I had been using it for about a year and I switched to try some other brands, I tried Prescriptives and Lancome. I came right back to this one! I love it it adds a GREAT amount of Volume. if your eyelashes are short this mascars might not be for you! Estee Lauder does have great mascara so try another one if you have short eyelashes!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2009 2:09:00 AM More reviews by liiv

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, I have to say I'm completely surprised by the rating of this mascara. This has been my mascara of choice for the longest while & for me, it's way better than any EL mascaras I've tried before this one. For the record, I have short, thick, stiff lashes that don't curl well. & my basic requirements for a mascara are that (a) it doesn't smudge & (b) it gives me dramatic definition. (Can't ask much more than that when you have uncooperative lashes!). Having said that, this mascara stays the day without smudging & makes my already black lashes thick & dramatically darker. Downside is that it does seem to flake a wee bit & the tube is just as un-ergonomic as you can get.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2009 6:14:00 PM More reviews by yumcheesy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this gave me volume but no length and immediately clumped like the dickens when i tried to put on a second coat :-p now i just use it after using a blue mascara first- i put it on the lower portion of my lashes to get a little definition

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2009 12:38:00 PM More reviews by mylychee

I have tried many mascaras and even DiorShow. This one is very comparable and sometimes even better. It lengthens very well and gives volume but doesn't curl. DiorShow gives a more dramatic look while this one is more subtle but still nice lashes. One thing I don't like is how bulky the tube is. I like that it doesn't clump my lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2009 11:09:00 AM More reviews by cloudheaven

I'm on my 4th MSMVM now. Best mascara i've used so far.
way better than dior show and lancom.