Tweezerman Blackhead/Blemish Extractor

4.3

on 7/6/2007 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This got rid of blackheads for me, but it also left brown spots that took months to fade.

on 6/17/2007 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've had mixed results with this tool. I've read the reviews here to get some tips on using it as I thought I must have been using it incorrectly, but I'm still not finding it to be a miracle tool. It's great with 'ripe' blackheads (which are going to come out easily regardless of the tool you use) and it'll get rid of a bit of surface congestion. Maybe I'm just not patient enough to sit there fussing over my skin with this!

on 6/16/2007 2:19:00 PM

From now on I'm only getting the slanted tweezerman from tweezerman- everything else disappoints me. Believe it or not, i can buy a brandless blackhead extractor for a dollar in any Hong Kong beauty store that works far better than this crap.

on 4/16/2007 7:30:00 PM

I have this and it sure takes out blackheads. But for any cystic acne forget it (unless you see a head don't try it),,painful. I have had the pimples where I see something and I use the small wire loop side and I even get the hard sebum (seed) out. Just don't use too much pressure or you can get big scars.

A big thank you to the last reviewer of this product--I would never have noticed that tweezerman made so many different versions and I think I would have bought the wrong one too, if it weren't for you pointing it out.

Get the PROFESSIONAL SKIN CARE TOOL--it's the one with the thin angled loop. I got mine off ebay and had to look at the auctions carefully to be sure it was the right one. It was, and it works great! So much easier on the skin than using your fingers, but that being said you can still leave some pretty bad red marks if you push too hard. Overall though it's just a fabulous, sturdy little tool for clearing blocked pores WHEN THEY ARE READY!

on 3/6/2007 3:00:00 PM

i bought the correct tweezerman tool after purchasing the "wrong" tweezerman tool the first time. (see first review)...the B/B extractor SUCKS-i threw it away. i steamed my face and tried to extract the NUMEROUS blackheads on my nose with no success! i have ripe and ready blackheads and this tool was not able to extract a single one! (i happen to be an EXPERT extractor, as i have had hours and hours of practice :) so it's back to good ol' index fingers wrapped in tissue. it's all good. too much extracting/picking/fussing only AGGRAVATES my sensitive skin-thus this obsession needs to stop....

on 3/3/2007 2:59:00 PM

I love getting facial, and having my blackheads extracted! My skin feels so clean afterward! I thought I might get similar results at home from this tool. No way! No matter how many times I've tried to use this, it just doesn't work. I've tried both ends, and I just end-up making a mess out of my face. It only seems to work on whiteheads that are ready to pop anyway...and in that case, you don't really need a special tool (just wrap some tissue around your fingers and gently squeeze). Others seem to really like this tool, so maybe I'm doing something wrong? I'm going to try to find the exact tool they use on me during facials, instead.

on 2/17/2007 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was really disappointed with this product. After all the great reviews I read here and the years I've spent with the stubborn blackheads on my nose, I went right away to my nearest Target and got one. I've used this twice: first time after steaming my face and using Queen Helen's Mask and nothing, and the second time after a long hot shower and nothing. Gosh, I was so hopeful for this little thing and I thought to myself maybe I've found something that'll actually work on getting these blackheads out after all these years of battling with them annoying things. I guess my blackheads are really at the bottom of my pores. I can get out the white stuff by masks and pore strips no problem but for these blackheads, nothing seems to work, including this. *sigh* Maybe I'll try a couple more times and then it's off to my junk box.

on 2/15/2007 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Yup, this weird looking tool is great at "pushing out" blackheads. It's best when used after a shower when pores have opened up a bit and there's minimal bacteria on your face. I use sort of a very slow, gentle scraping action on my face with the flatter-looped end. The bent loop is is great for popping the little red zits when their ripe and ready. Will cause very minor damage to skin's surface like any other facial treatment, but will recover after 24 hours. Great tool to have as blackhead combatting arsenal!

on 2/8/2007 12:19:00 AM

Every Sunday night, before the school week begins, I give myself a facial. Turn the hot water on in the shower to steam the bathroom up. Then I Boil hot water on the stove & take it into the steamy bathroom where I steam my face over it w/ a towel for 5 mins then I take the extractor and extract chin, steam face for 5 more mins, extract nose, steam again, extract forehad. Works well on my chin. I always wonder why my pores look HUGE after using this tool. If I use a Biore Pore strip they never look this way. I wonder if this tool will hurt my skin. I hope not because I have to use this at least once a week. I have the kind of pore situation where the clogs seem to overfill/overflow and come out of the pore so that they are visible on the surface. Nasty.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools