August 1, 2014 | 2030 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Tweezerman - Blackhead/Blemish Extractor

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2007 2:19:00 PM More reviews by katrinachips

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

From now on I'm only getting the slanted tweezerman from tweezerman- everything else disappoints me. Believe it or not, i can buy a brandless blackhead extractor for a dollar in any Hong Kong beauty store that works far better than this crap.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2007 7:30:00 PM More reviews by tinksbell

I have this and it sure takes out blackheads. But for any cystic acne forget it (unless you see a head don't try it),,painful. I have had the pimples where I see something and I use the small wire loop side and I even get the hard sebum (seed) out. Just don't use too much pressure or you can get big scars.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2007 8:42:00 AM More reviews by faciallychallenged

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A big thank you to the last reviewer of this product--I would never have noticed that tweezerman made so many different versions and I think I would have bought the wrong one too, if it weren't for you pointing it out.

Get the PROFESSIONAL SKIN CARE TOOL--it's the one with the thin angled loop. I got mine off ebay and had to look at the auctions carefully to be sure it was the right one. It was, and it works great! So much easier on the skin than using your fingers, but that being said you can still leave some pretty bad red marks if you push too hard. Overall though it's just a fabulous, sturdy little tool for clearing blocked pores WHEN THEY ARE READY!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2007 3:00:00 PM More reviews by tarter1974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i bought the correct tweezerman tool after purchasing the "wrong" tweezerman tool the first time. (see first review)...the B/B extractor SUCKS-i threw it away. i steamed my face and tried to extract the NUMEROUS blackheads on my nose with no success! i have ripe and ready blackheads and this tool was not able to extract a single one! (i happen to be an EXPERT extractor, as i have had hours and hours of practice :) so it's back to good ol' index fingers wrapped in tissue. it's all good. too much extracting/picking/fussing only AGGRAVATES my sensitive skin-thus this obsession needs to stop....

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2007 2:59:00 PM More reviews by DGentile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love getting facial, and having my blackheads extracted! My skin feels so clean afterward! I thought I might get similar results at home from this tool. No way! No matter how many times I've tried to use this, it just doesn't work. I've tried both ends, and I just end-up making a mess out of my face. It only seems to work on whiteheads that are ready to pop anyway...and in that case, you don't really need a special tool (just wrap some tissue around your fingers and gently squeeze). Others seem to really like this tool, so maybe I'm doing something wrong? I'm going to try to find the exact tool they use on me during facials, instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2007 4:12:00 AM More reviews by LaaLaa109

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really disappointed with this product. After all the great reviews I read here and the years I've spent with the stubborn blackheads on my nose, I went right away to my nearest Target and got one. I've used this twice: first time after steaming my face and using Queen Helen's Mask and nothing, and the second time after a long hot shower and nothing. Gosh, I was so hopeful for this little thing and I thought to myself maybe I've found something that'll actually work on getting these blackheads out after all these years of battling with them annoying things. I guess my blackheads are really at the bottom of my pores. I can get out the white stuff by masks and pore strips no problem but for these blackheads, nothing seems to work, including this. *sigh* Maybe I'll try a couple more times and then it's off to my junk box.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2007 12:27:00 AM More reviews by missymaricel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Yup, this weird looking tool is great at "pushing out" blackheads. It's best when used after a shower when pores have opened up a bit and there's minimal bacteria on your face. I use sort of a very slow, gentle scraping action on my face with the flatter-looped end. The bent loop is is great for popping the little red zits when their ripe and ready. Will cause very minor damage to skin's surface like any other facial treatment, but will recover after 24 hours. Great tool to have as blackhead combatting arsenal!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2007 12:19:00 AM More reviews by 867_5309

Every Sunday night, before the school week begins, I give myself a facial. Turn the hot water on in the shower to steam the bathroom up. Then I Boil hot water on the stove & take it into the steamy bathroom where I steam my face over it w/ a towel for 5 mins then I take the extractor and extract chin, steam face for 5 more mins, extract nose, steam again, extract forehad. Works well on my chin. I always wonder why my pores look HUGE after using this tool. If I use a Biore Pore strip they never look this way. I wonder if this tool will hurt my skin. I hope not because I have to use this at least once a week. I have the kind of pore situation where the clogs seem to overfill/overflow and come out of the pore so that they are visible on the surface. Nasty.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2007 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i have to say that first of all, i don't own this product, this is just a suggestion for anyone who can't afford this or doesn't want to spend the money on it. i am a self proclaimed pore cleaning FREAK, and i use (and have used since i was about 12) a plain hairpin to do this job amazingly well. the Tweezerman tool has a thin metal loop-- well a hairpin (NOT a bobbypin) is a thin metal U-shaped piece of wire, aka: the exact same thing. you can get a pack of like 100 hairpins for about $2, and i just use a brand new one every time. for anyone who hasn't felt the *extreme* satisfaction of seeing a blackhead burst out, leaving a clean pore behind, you don't know what you're missing. although i will admit, i feel like the more you force blackheads out of your pores, the easier and quicker they build back up, and the harder it is to get them clean. i also feel (and i don't know if this is true or not) that after years and years of doing this, i've made the pores on my nose bigger. with all that said, i will NEVER stop, it's a serious addiction! and when i see other people with blackheads and bulging pores, my heart palpitates and i swear i start to sweat just imagining the glory of attacking their faces! i find the best care for an overzealously attacked face is to clean your face and then apply neosporin to the raw spots. ok i'm done grossing everyone out ;)

28 out of 32 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2007 4:14:00 PM More reviews by rinnins

I am an idiot. I bought this a year ago or so and it's been collecting dust in my medicine cabinet because I'm not smart enough to figure out how to use the damn thing. It's a metal stick with different looking loops at each end. "Put the loop over the blemish and..." what? How do I use this thing? The package needs instructions with pictures for stupids like me. Finally, after reading many reviews here, I was able to interpret all the words and put them into actions that actually make this tool useful. And fun. And gross. A totally "pore strip" experience. Today MUA taught me you can put Neosporin on popped zits (duh!) and I can't wait to use it in conjunction with this tool. Steam and jojoba oil round out a satisfying and productive experience. Thanks again, ladies!!