Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

Cera Alba (Beeswax), Olus (Vegetable) Oil, Lecithin, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Mel/Honey, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax, Candelilla Wax), Allantoin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, BHT, Citric Acid, Citral, Limonene, Linalool

on 2/26/2014 7:37:00 PM

This is my favourite product of all time. I apply it every night before going to bed (I wouldn't recommend using it during the day as it has a pretty thick consistency and the packaging is not extremely hygenic), and when I wake up the next morning my lips are always super nice, pigmented and plumped. I love it! Plus, I never have chapped lips when I'm using it, and the first jar I bought lasted me for more than a year. I've already repurchased it. It is a little pricey for lip balm but let me tell you, IT IS WORTH IT.

on 2/26/2014 12:12:00 PM

I do not understand the hype for this product. To me it is just a very regular and average lipbalm. Very disappointing quality. I think an average Chapstick (Purol or Dr. Swaab here in Holland) is even better.

on 2/22/2014 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

One of the best so far. I get really dry lips as does one of my daughters. I have gone through so many and I feel this is "the one".
As the jar is heavy I leave it home and use at night. Doing this my lips have not gotten dry at all. It is summer here so I guess I need to wait 'till winter to see how it goes. The only drawback is how heavy the pot is. I have transferred some into one of those little pots they give out at counters to try creams/foundations. My daughter takes this to school to put in her pencil case. She loves it too:)

on 2/18/2014 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

- This lip balm isn't more expensive than the average chapstick considering the amount you get.
- The packaging is made of heavy glass, feels sturdy.
- Smells pleasant, like grapefruit with a tinge of honey but the scent doesn't stay on the lips.
- The consistency is thick and waxy, takes a while to get used to that but I barely have to touch its surface and it's enough for the application.
- You can feel a protective coat on the lips.
- Dries to matte finish and it's an excellent base for lipstick.

Overall I'm quite pleased with Reve de Miel but I'm not sure about repurchasing; it's a matter of preference. My lips never get chapped so I don't need a heavy duty product like this and prefer more creamy lip balm that sink right in. Voted yes because I'd like to have it in my stash as a lip primer.

Update: A month later, up to 5 lippies! As soon as I got used to the different texture I can't get enough. This lip balm is flawless. My lips used to get a bit dry after teeth brushing and I needed to apply lip balm afterwards every time. Until I started to use Reve de Miel. My lips are visibly smoother than ever and lipsticks look so much better. I'll get a backup ASAP.

on 2/13/2014 11:59:00 AM

Best lip balm ever. I will never, ever, ever be without this product again.

I apply a thick coat at night and in the morning my lips are plump and hydrated and beautiful. I never knew how good looking my lips were until I started using this stuff! *grin*
I love the smell and the taste. I love the little jar. I can't think of a single negative thing to say about this product. Definitely worth having.

on 2/8/2014 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I like it. It is moisturizing and smells exactly like grapefruit. The texture is not slick or slippery or sticky, and it is matte but hydrating. Just rub it in good and that's that. A little goes a long way. Expensive and different than other lip balms, and believe me I've tried many. I personally love lip balms in heavy glass pots. It is a lovely product. Would recommend.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Like a lot of reviewers, I'm not too sure what to make of this.
There is a lot of hype surroundong this product. Here's my take on it:

comes in a pot, so not terribly hygenic but I'm not removing points because I like the luxe feel and weight of the glass jar.

a creamy thick yellow paste that smells like honeyed orange marmalade. I would have thought it to smell like honey being the feature ingredient but I'm ok with this..

expensive, I think I paid $25AUD, but there is a lot of product in the jar.
15 g to be precise.

it doesn't moisturise my lips but it doesn't dry them out either. It just sorta sits on top of my lips feeling creamy and faux -nourishing, but when I wake up there is little to no difference in my lip texture.

Would not repurchased. Was hoping to like it but its an expensive vanity topper. It'll last me a while though so maybe it'll pull through.

on 2/6/2014 2:43:00 PM

Hmm, it's difficult to say if i completely love or hate this lip balm. The consistency is amazing its that lush feeling of applying a cream super thick and moisturising but its effects aren't that fantastic. Yes, it smells good, but i just don't think it lives up to the hype. It's not that moisturising and even while its on, it just feels like this creamy layer on your lips, you don't feel it actually doing anything for them, if that makes sense.

on 2/5/2014 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really wanted to try this "hyped" lip balm and I just finished the little jar. This lip balm is yellow colored and has a thicker consistency so it needs to be rubbed in to the lips. It smells like orange candy not a scent I would have expected but I did liked it. For me this did not live up to the hype, because I did not noticed any improvement and I only liked it when my lips where in a good condition already and I used it underneath a lipstick. On dry flaky lips this just felt grainy and I had a feeling my lips where even dryer after it sinked in. I would not repurchase it again because it did not do much for me and I find the jar really inconvenient!

on 1/30/2014 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm a lip balm freak and this gets top marks from me so that's saying a lot. First up this lip balm works. It's thick and adheres well to the lips long term thus rendering them soft and moisturised unlike other lip balms which feel great at first and then slide off too soon. This is thick but doesn't ever feel gloopy or waxy and leaves a nice matte effect and great base for other lip products. The honey smell is out of this world good! I love that this is in a heavy little frosted pot as it makes it feel like the Luxe product it is. The ingredients list is impressive and contains honey, plant oils, Shea butter & grapefruit essence among other nourishing things. I also love the honey colour of this, I feel like I'm dipping into a little pot of pure creamed honey :)

Popular Lip Treatments