I have extremely dry lips and need to apply a lip balm every few hours or my lips would start to hurt. This is amazing because it stays on for a really long time, even after eating! So I don't have to re-apply as often. Best lip balm I have found so far!
However, don't think my lips would ever be completely 'healed' by anything. I use this at night before I go to bed and when I wake up I can still feel that it's on my lips. I don't use this when I go out though because I don't like to dip my fingers into the pot, and the pot is quite large and heavy, so I still use my regular stick lip balms when I'm out.
It is quite expensive in Singapore but I managed to get it on sale for half price! I probably would not repurchase it unless it was on sale.
I think this product works really well to heal and smoothe out dry and chaped lips. It's a very thick salve and you only need a little bit. I also like that fact that it's not glossy or greasy at all and it has a nice smell.
I also use a little bit of this everyday as an eyebrow wax.
I put a little bit on the back of my hand and use an eyebrow brush to comb through my eyebrows to tidy them up and make the brow powder last longer. It's great for this use!
There are two things I dislike.
-The glass jar is really heavy and bulky, so I don't bring it along in my purse
- A preservative they are using is said to be harmful/cancerous. I wish they would leave that ingredient out in the future. I will probably not repurchase because of the BHT. Especially because this brand is all about being natural and the promo always says this is without preservatives. Oh well.
i wanted to love this product but i couldnt. the grainy, gritty, heavy film that leaves on the lips is no moisturising at all - in fact, it made my lips look worse. for that price and rave, i was expecting something better. at first i thought that my pot had gone bad or something then i read other reviews with the same exactly problems so i guess its how this product "works" (or doesnt work to be precise).
i dont see myself using this up - i simply cant stand it. too heavy and gritty -you cant even rub your lips. such a disappointment...
I love the smell of the lip balm- sort of like chocolate oranges. It moisturises my lips nicely but I don't think it works well with chapped lips. I prefer the 8 hour cream from EA to deal with real damage.
I use it under lipsticks as it is matte. I usually don't reapply the product during the day, unless I'm fidgeting with it.
I am not sure about repurchasing. Not a holy grail product.
This is an HG product for me.
It's very moisturising, slightly plumping, smells gorgeous and it last a long time(I mean both the jar last a long time and that it stays on the lips for a long time).
I love Nuxe products, they are very popular in Paris. It has no shine or colour, so anyone can use it- even children and people who don't wear makeup.
Normally I have my lips cracks for about 5 days until they heal, not with this balm. It took only 2 nights and the crack was gone! For god!.
Considering the price per gramm is in the avegange
I buy in Swiss Francs and this pot costet me CHF 17.90=CHF1.19/gr.
I love the packaging because is envoirement friendly, no extra paper with the product information. Everything is on the carton, in and out.
I am definitely buy another pot for home, since this one is in my purse
I wanted to love this product but then I didn't and now I do. So, I thought it would be a great everyday balm - you know, to carry around in my bag. That didn't work out because I prefer a tube for quick application rather than swiping my finger in a tub. So anyways, I love this as a nighttime treatment or on my lips as a primer for a nice red lip. It is matte and it is pretty thick and leaves my lips conditioned.
This lip balm is super moisturizing and also MATTE, unlike other lip balms which leave behind a sheen or greasiness. While this product certainly isn't the holiest of holies (it is just a lip balm, after all) I highly, highly recommend it to anyone who wears matte lip products, such as MAC's Ruby Woo lipstick. That way your lips aren't completely drained of their moisture, as most matte lip products are often drying, but you also get to keep the matte finish.
The only con is the packaging, a heavy glass jar - it's horribly unhygienic and inconvenient to carry around. Luckily that does mean it will last practically forever because there's so much product.
I like almost everything about this lip balm because it's immediately absorbed into the lip-skin-layer upon application, rather than simply "sitting" on the epidermis and it only has a subtle and comfortable scent (honey, citrus-y) and it's quite a large pot (15g as opposed to the usual 4-5g stick). However, my BIGGEST and MAJOR COMPLAINT is that it the formula contains BHT (a common cosmetic preservative), one of the top 10 most toxic ingredients in cosmetics, which is bad for your health and bad for the environment. Although Nuxe boasts a high percentage of natural-derived ingredients, one flaw basically attenuates the good of the rest, imo. For that reason alone, I would scrap this product and continue my search for a HG lip balm. Haven't found it yet!
* My Lips - Normal(ish), drier in the winter
* Review – This lip balm is well-regarded and highly-rated and for good reason, it effectively moisturizes without feeling heavy, greasy or gross. It nourishes, repairs, soothes and protects the lips with honey, plant oils, shea butter, and grapefruit essence. Lips are softened and smooth. I find this to be great for priming the lips before lipstick application. Since I'm not a fan of applying lip balm with my finger, I try to use a retractable lip brush to apply. Note that if your lips are severely damaged, cracked or painful, I don’t think this would work well enough to adequately remedy those symptoms.
* Cons - No SPF and while the glass pot has heft and looks pretty, it can be a bit unhygienic.
* Price - A generous glass pot retails for around €12. Available at all pharmacies and parapharmacies.
* Tip - For extra soft lips, gently exfoliate with a drop or two of your favorite carrier oil (i.e., jojoba, olive, sweet almond, etc) with a generous pinch of sugar at least once a week or more often as needed. Follow-up by protecting lips with lip balm.
* Verdict – While this may not be *the* lip balm to beat all lip balms, it's certainly the most elegant lip balm I've tried so far. Recommended.
** UPDATE ** - I don't know if it's common but I've noticed that the product tends to get "gritty" towards the end. This has been my experience with both the pot and stick format. Still works for me though. Perhaps this is the honey crystallizing? Like real pot of honey often does over time? :)