Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Sweet almond oil, water, beeswax, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, kaolin, fragrance, grapefruit seed extract, stearic acid (vegetable fat), glucose, tocopherol, carrageenan extract, sodium borate, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase (natural enzymes)

on 6/15/2010 7:26:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I dont like the smell at all! The almond scent is too overpowering. The cream in general is nice and moisturizing but i just cant stand the smell.

PROS: Very, very moisturizing.

CONS: The scent is so strong. I like almost all variations on the "almond" scent, usually. This was overwhelming though. Came across much greasier than I assumed it would. Expensive. Those who don't like to contaminate the container with their fingers won't like that this is in a jar.

ALTERNATES: I prefer any of the following inexpensive alternates: Tree Hut Body Balms/Butters, Cetaphil Cream (unscented), or Cantu Shea Butter Body Butter.

on 6/14/2010 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I have 2 jars of this stuff by my bed. One is almost gone and I already have a backup ready to go. This handcream is on the heavy side, not really good to use during the day because it does make your hands greasy but it is perfect to wear at night while you sleep. The almond scent is strong which I absolutely love (I love almond scented stuff). This cream is not all that cheap ($12 at Walgreens) but one jar lasts for awhile.
I'll be buying this stuff for a few more years that is for sure :)

I wanted to like this, because I love the smell of almonds. It smells ok at first, but becomes overpowering. The product is very thick and waxy. Difficult to apply. Don't like using it anywhere but my feet at night. Would not recommend. There are plenty of other products out there that I can use on both my hands and feet.

on 5/4/2010 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

OMG! I love this hand cream! It is a handsaver! In fact, I use it all over for all the scaly dry patches that randomly show up now and then. It smells amazing...like a delicious almond cookie.
I have my hands in and out of water all day and they were looking pretty bad. After one use, literally ONE USE, my hands were completely moisturized and looked & felt 100 times better. They used to be red, raw, flaky and scaly and now they are beautiful. I can't recommend this creme enough! The only downside is the packaging....the whole digging into a pot to get the stuff out... is no fun. For the ladies who have nails, it would be difficult to use without having it constantly stuck underneath your nails. I still would recommend and repurchase, though...because it is the best hand creme I have ever used in my entire life!

on 4/12/2010 12:42:00 AM

I really love the smell of this hand cream which reminds me of almond pudding desserts. This hand cream has a VERY greasy consitency but it is great for winter time and bedtime treatment. It works really well if you can wear cotton gloves right after you put the hand cream on. It helps to keep your hands really moisturized and soft. Without gloves on, I don't think you can touch anything (like keyboards) without making them oily.

I also found this cream to be fairly waterproof. Even after hand washing (not vigorously of course), my hands were still relatively moisturized. For people who worked in a place that require constant hand washing, this is a great product to have.

I highly recommend trying this hand cream if you like almond (yes it can be strong for some) and don't mind greasy hand cream. This product is useful for areas with dry and cold weather.

on 4/9/2010 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this because I liked the natural ingredients and assumed that name meant this lotion would be soft, creamy and smell nice. I was wrong. This stuff is hard in texture and is really difficult to spread, even worse it doesn't absorb into the skin at all and left my hands greasy for nearly a half hour, and even then my skin was no different than before. The smell is very overpowering and smells like licorice and chalk-seriously! The packaging isn't great either, because of its hard texture and how greasy it makes your hands its hard to get any of the product out and its even harder to try to screw the lib back onto the jar.
I must say, this company is giving a bad rep to natural/organic skincare! There are lots of other brands which are still natural/organic and work better than any commercial and chemical company and DEFINITELY better than Burt's Bees, these include Juliet's Room, Jurlique Skincare, SanRe Organic Skinfood, A'kin Skincare, and the list goes on...so don't be discouraged if your new to trying natural skincare and this junk happened to be your first try.

on 3/31/2010 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Pro's: Smells absolutely delicious. One of my favorite smells out there. It's extremely moisturizing too.

Con's: Oh, where to begin. It's almost 10$ for this little jar and if you have long fingernails, beware. Getting this stuff out is very annoying, I get it all under my fingernails. Like I said up there, it's very moisturizing, but it's EXTREMELY greasy and thick. Only put it on when you are going to sleep or going to be dormant for a long period of time cause you won't be able to do much else with it on your hands.

Bottom line, it smells great, but not worth the price tag.

on 3/16/2010 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great treatment cream - something to put on your hands before bed.
A bit hard to use during the day as too little makes rubbing it feel like pulling skin - it's not emollient, while too much leaves you with that greasy feeling.
I have put it on on cold winter mornings when I knew I would be sitting in front of my monitor and wont need to wet my hands for a while - it is very very comforting.
But I don't think I can get past how rich and waxy it is and either feeling like i need to wash my hands soon if I put it on during the day or worrying about bed linen if i put it on before bed.

on 3/9/2010 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

I don't mind the strong almond smell of this cream. I like the texture and use it at night on my hands, elbows and feet.

Popular Lotions / Creams