Cover Girl Clean Liquid Makeup Oil Control

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Glycerin, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cyclomethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Laureth 7, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Trihydroxystearin, Propylparaben, Methicone, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Methylparaben, Synthetic Wax, Trisodium EDTA, Ethylene Brassylate, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Micap

Aweful. Just aweful. I've been using Rimmel 25 Hour Lasting Finish for about two years and swear by it, but I figured I'd try something else a little bit cheaper. Big mistake.

First off, the packaging. Hard plastic bottle, so when you run out, you can't cut the bottle open to get the rest of the product, therefore wasting money. You can't squeeze out anything because it's too solid.

Second, the product. I will say that there is a wide range of colours, so you're bound to find your perfect match. Unfortunately, there is no coverage. The parts of my face that look really good normally just looked cakey and fake, and it did not cover and imperfections or anything. Tried it twice to check if I was wrong, but no. It was a complete waste of money.

on 6/9/2012 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Right now I'm using Origin's stay tuned foundation and it doesn't control oil at all! I found a bottle of this in my mom's makeup bag and decided to give it a shot. I usually don't mess with drugstore makeup but I couldn't continue using the Origin's foundation knowing that it does nothing to control oil. My first impression of this foundation was that is was really light and it felt clean on my face. The coverage is light so I had to use concealer to touch up a couple of blemishes on my face and I used Bobbi Brown's eye brightener under my eyes. I set the foundation with Revlon Photoready powder. I am happy I tried this foundation but unfortunately it doesn't last very long. I'm not a fan of reapplying makeup

on 6/9/2012 11:49:00 AM

I love this foundation! I have been purchasing this product for about 2 years now so I finally decided to write a review on it. I have fairly oily skin and this foundation does a nice job of keeping it somewhat under control but it also provides quite nice coverage. I start out with just applying it with my fingers all over and then if need be I use a foundation sponge to put it on where I need a little more coverage (around acne marks or red spots, under eyes, etc). The price is very affordable and it never caused me to break out, I love that it's oil free and hypoalergenic because my skin is acne prone. The only downside to this product is that it's very thick and doesn't come out of the bottle easily. I have to use the end of a paintbrush to scoop some out whenever I apply the foundation because it won't come out if you tip it. Overall, I would definatly recommend this product :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is the first foundation I have ever bought. I hardly ever wear makeup and I was so scared the first time becuase I heard that it can ruin your skin. Well, I absolutely love this stuff! I have extremely oily skin (like, I will clean it and it's oily ten minutes later) so the fact that it's matte really helps so I'm not shiny at all. It spreads really easily and it's not heavy at all. The bottle makes it hard to get the foundation out, but I can just dab it on the palm of my hand that works wonderfully. The only problem I have with it is that I bought the lighest shade, ivory, and it gave me a tan (not a big one but it was too dark) so it's not light enough for my skin. But I could use a little color. :) Besides the package and the shade, I LOVE IT!!

on 5/24/2012 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'd definitely reccomend this product, especially if you are young and do not spend a ton of money on makeup, like me. This is really the only foundation I have ever used, and probably will use until I'm older and can afford more expensive products. I have moderate acne and scarring, and it really covers them up. I don't think it gives a matte texture or lasts the entire day, which is why you need to use a pressed powder over it to make it matte and to cover up through out the day. But when initially applied, it's great, and gives you a nice, flawless look when paired with concealer on problem areas and a pressed powder. It's definitely not "oil controlling" like it claims though, which is why I gave it a 4.They have an array of shades, so you can find the one for you easily. I would buy one that is slightly lighter than what you think you need, because I bought a shade that I thought matched perfectly in the store but was too dark and it made me look orange. XD The packaging sucks really bad, and i usually just dip the opposite end of my makeup brush in it and apply it by dotting it on my face, lol. But overall, I'd reccomend it.

on 5/22/2012 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is actually a pretty good product for me and serves me well when I need it, so despite being a 3 overall, I would buy again if I ran out . But it definitely does not do what it claims.

First, it is more of a TM than a foundation. I was actually looking for something very light so I'm pleased with this. Secondly, there is no oil control involved. Used alone, I am oilier than the persian gulf. Used with oil control products, it's just fine.

But I do like this a lot when my acne starts to act up (it gets mildly to moderately bad) and I need some light coverage beyond my usual pressed powders. If you need heavy coverage or oil control, I'd look elsewhere. But if you need a light layer of color, this is great.

It's also really good for pale skin tones and doesn't seem to oxidize very much at all.

on 5/19/2012 11:48:00 PM

The packaging is the worst I have experienced. I could not get the product out of the bottle for the life of me. I never actually got to try the foundation, I ended up giving up because the packaging sucks.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I enjoyed this foundation a lot! In order to control oil, you need to first completely wash the oil off you face, and afterwards it needs to be set with powder, but this kept me matte for at least 12 hours. It is kind of hard to get out of the jar and is very thick, but all you need to do is tap it on your hand. It has a medium coverage and has a very natural, not quite matte finish. I bought it one shade slightly too dark but once it's blended you hardly notice. I would recommend this and may repurchase, in a shade lighter.

on 5/5/2012 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Pretty good for drugstore foundation. As with almost all foundations, you have to set it with a powder of somesort to prevent it from getting too oily and rubbing off throughout the day. I got Classic Ivory and it matched me pretty well-- a bit yellow but the powder helped fix it. I never had shine problems. Not bad for drugstore foundation.

on 5/5/2012 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I hate the packaging! But the product is really nice. It has a nice matte finish and is so light on the skin! You can't see or feel it. I'm in love with the sheer and comfortable coverage. But that's the thing, I really wouldn't recommend this product for someone with bad skin that needs full coverage or someone with really oily skin. The oil control is really nonexistent. I just make sure to use good primers, lotions, and setting sprays to get the oil control I need. I was looking for a matte, oil-free, water-based, and sheer foundation: this is the only foundation that met that criteria (I tried department store brands too), but besides that, it doesn't control oil or give full coverage, which is why I would only recommend it to people with semi-oily but clear skin. But I love it. It's just what I need.