Cover Girl Clean Liquid Makeup Oil Control

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Glycerin, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cyclomethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Laureth 7, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Trihydroxystearin, Propylparaben, Methicone, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Methylparaben, Synthetic Wax, Trisodium EDTA, Ethylene Brassylate, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Micap

on 7/29/2012 8:04:00 PM

This is a decent product, not amazing. It tends to cake and look splotchy. I don't see a big difference with my oily skin, either. The big problem I have with it is how difficult it is to get it out of the bottle, I have to store it upside down so it's easier to get out. It's an okay product but the design of it ruins it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The packaging is terrible I literally have to hit the bottle on the back of my hand to get any product out.. The formula is very thick and makes my skin more oily then before which makes me pound on the pressed powder, it makes my skin look cakey. Which I bought this product not to do..

on 7/19/2012 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I hate the packaging of the Clean Oil Control foundation. It's just weird. I feel like the glass is going to shatter every time I set it down. The cap it annoying, and foundation always gets lodged in it. And the opening to the actual bottle is so crappy. I use a sponge, and it gets stuck in the top of it! Onto the actual foundation. The formula is oily, and it makes my skin, if anything, oilier. The name lies. The color doesn't match, it oxidized, and by the end of the day my face was super greasy. I do not recomend this at all. It's awful. The coverage is horrible! It draws attention to blemishes, scars, and even discoloration. My major bone to pick with this is the color. I have the lightest shade, and it's not fair at all! Cover Girl really needs a wider shade range, because they lack in dark shades, too.

on 7/18/2012 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've tried applying this with my fingers, a brush, and sponge. None of them look good. The undertones are way too pink, hard to blend, streaky, and it doesn't look like skin. It feels disgusting, smells disgusting, the packaging is horrible! My friend uses this foundation too and I can always see her foundation and it makes her really oily.

on 7/16/2012 6:35:00 PM

I went to target expecting to try out the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream, but unfortunately it was out of stock. So I went ahead and searched reviews as fast as I could through this product on my phone and they weren't too bad, so I gave it a try. The packaging is no bueno. :'( Usually, I don't whine about packaging because I find it stupid..but this..this is really annoying. I have to like, use my pinky to gut out pieces of foundation and it gets all over the place. ANYWAY, besides that, I find that it's very thin and refreshing on the face, and does a good job on preventing oiliness, and doesn't oxidize like how alot of foundations do. Downside, I have a couple of acne scars, and it does a really bad job on at least making them look a LITTLE less visible. Terrible coverage indeed!

Suggestion: ONLY buy this product if you barely have any blemishes, and your only problem is oily skin.

P.s. It doesn't have any SPF either. :'( Poop. Oh well, at least it was cheap.

on 7/12/2012 7:27:00 AM

Although I liked the natural tone and sheen of this makeup, I find that if you don't set it with a powder over the top it just makes the skin look oily and unclean. I don't think this makeup is designed to conceal blemishes because this isn't what it does for me, instead it improves my overall skin tone and make me look more awake.

What I don't like about it is the bottle design. It's got a wide opening so that it all pours out at once. I assumed it was designed to be put on a makeup sponge and applied to my face via the sponge, but when I did this it all just absorbed into the sponge because of its thin liquid consistency. I used nearly half the bottle for just one application via sponge.

I wouldn't buy this again, but this makeup would suit someone who wants a natural finish and only puts on a little bit of makeup at a time. I'm after something a bit more heavy duty.

on 7/2/2012 12:17:00 PM

Pros:
In general, covers well. Leaves an even, matte finish. Blends in with skin (doesn't look a weird color when on the skin).

Cons:
The packaging makes it hard to get a precise amount out.. I always end up getting too much and then having to wash a ton of it off my hands. Doesn't cover blemishes very well.

on 6/21/2012 8:31:00 PM

This product doesn't make my skin oily, but it doesn't cover my acne very well. If you don't have any acne to cover, then I would definitely recommend it. Also, the packaging makes it really hard to get the foundation out. But, once you find out how to get it out someway, you can use it (obviously) .

Aweful. Just aweful. I've been using Rimmel 25 Hour Lasting Finish for about two years and swear by it, but I figured I'd try something else a little bit cheaper. Big mistake.

First off, the packaging. Hard plastic bottle, so when you run out, you can't cut the bottle open to get the rest of the product, therefore wasting money. You can't squeeze out anything because it's too solid.

Second, the product. I will say that there is a wide range of colours, so you're bound to find your perfect match. Unfortunately, there is no coverage. The parts of my face that look really good normally just looked cakey and fake, and it did not cover and imperfections or anything. Tried it twice to check if I was wrong, but no. It was a complete waste of money.

on 6/9/2012 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Right now I'm using Origin's stay tuned foundation and it doesn't control oil at all! I found a bottle of this in my mom's makeup bag and decided to give it a shot. I usually don't mess with drugstore makeup but I couldn't continue using the Origin's foundation knowing that it does nothing to control oil. My first impression of this foundation was that is was really light and it felt clean on my face. The coverage is light so I had to use concealer to touch up a couple of blemishes on my face and I used Bobbi Brown's eye brightener under my eyes. I set the foundation with Revlon Photoready powder. I am happy I tried this foundation but unfortunately it doesn't last very long. I'm not a fan of reapplying makeup