December 21, 2014 | 1884 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - Super Matte Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2008 9:31:00 AM More reviews by MilesDevin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When combined with Clinique's Pore Minimizing T Zone shine control primer and MUFE's Mat Velvet Foundation, this is the ONLY combination I've EVER used that has kept my super oily skin at bay for at least 5 hours. Truly matte powder. This is my 2nd favorite loose powder, only after the new MUFE HD Loose Powder, which is absolutely remarkable. It doesn't have the extreme mattifying quality as this, but will give you a very long lasting matte finish with an added benefit- a completely UNREAL soft focus finish. It's almost like a soft blur on your skin. It's incredible, and there is nothing else like it. But this product definitely does what it says. It will make you MATTE all day!

Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2008 5:15:00 PM More reviews by aastew

I LOVE this powder. Ever since I started wearing it my friends have been saying..Your makeup looks great! I use the transulcent powder over MAC studio fix liquid NW20. It makes my skin look so smooooth. If you are looking for a matte powder that stays matte all day, this isn't the one. I still have to touch up about every 3 hours or my t-zone gets oily. I absolutely love the look when applied though. I am not in love with the Makeup Forever foundation..It is too heavy, but I am staying with this powder. Only drawback is the price. I use it sparingly so it lasts...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2008 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Xexuxa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

So far so good! I wanted to give this a try instead of MAC Select Sheer powder because you get way more for the price (MAC select sheer is $20 for 8 grams and Makeup Forever Super Matte is $24 for 28 grams!) I picked this up at a make-up supply shop in Hollywood called Frends Beauty Supply. The SA at the counter gave me shade #54, which isn't sold at Sephora. Its a little dark, but thank god its loose powder so its forgivable. The product itself is a true powder, very finely milled. I find MAC powder to be a bit chunky compared to this. And it does a FANTASTIC job at mattifying my skin! I'm very oily, and this, combined with their mattifying cream, has keeps me the least oily than any other products I have tried. I still have to use blotting papers but now it takes about 5 hours before I have to do that.

The only bad aspect to this product is the packaging. Something about this jar is kinda messy, and the clear piece on the middle of the lid pops off! How do make-up artists carry this in their kit with all the risks of it spilling? However despite all that, its a great product and I will continue to buy it in the future.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by jodieecee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got in this in a swap and tested it out today. All I can say is, they weren't kidding when they said "super mat". The powder is, indeed, super matte and super drying. I used the powder (in translucent) to set my concealer. Bad idea- my face immediately started flaking, etc. Now, please keep in mind that I exfoliate daily and had just done an exfoliated mask prior to trying the powder.
However, I think this will be very useful to use with liquid foundations (I will be testing it out tomorrow). I can definitely see it being able to control oilies like none other.
But, since I don't wear foundation often (only concealer), I must say I wouldn't use it daily nor is it a HG. But it is useful to have in my kit for parties, clubbing, and special occasions.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2008 9:38:00 AM More reviews by masaya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know what took me so long to review this product that I love so much! I'm so oily, and this LP controls it better than the other products I used to like. It also doesn't break me out, which happens almost all the time. I use LM OF foundation or Shiseido Sun Protect Liquid Foundation, and this just does performs rather well. Sometimes I just use MUFE FC concealer and set with this. I find myself reaching out for this more than LM translucent powder. My only gripe is that it costs so much! Before I got NARS for 33bucks but it was 1.6oz, compared to this which is about .33oz and costs 25ish bucks. So far, I'm impressed with MUFE products.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2008 11:55:00 PM More reviews by andriella

This is a pretty good powder. I use it with the Mat Velvet + Matifying foundation, and since that doesn't control my oil very well, I use this on top. Occasionally I need to use a blotting paper, but for the most part this keeps the shinies to a minimum. The packaging is nice, as it is a sifter that includes a puff.

I will continue to buy this unless I come across something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Tempt

This powder does a great job setting makeup and keeping the oil in control. I found that my makeup lasts much longer (foundation, blush) when set with this powder and when I need a touch up, I use the same powder and it does not look cakey and gross. My foundation used to oxidize so much that I would not be able to go out at night with the make up I put on in the morning. Now I can just powder the areas where I need it and my makeup looks fresh again. Amazing! I use #16. Will definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2008 3:25:00 PM More reviews by gcgirl2001

OMG, I love this so much! I bought it because when I went to Sephora the day before we left for my tropical wedding, I told the SAs that I was worried about my shiny lids and tzone, and the SA put some lipstick on her hand, covered with powder and rubbed hard--and nothing came off. She said something about this powder sealing the product, be it foundation, eye shadow, even lipstick. So I caved and SO glad I did.

During the wedding, my make up did not move. But for the rest of the week at the resort, I'd just wear sun screen and splash some of this powder on top during the day--and all I was getting were comments on how put together and perfect I looked despite being on a hot beach!

now I wear it religiously to work. it is the greatest thing ever, really!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2008 8:28:00 PM More reviews by svetie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this powder, I set ny VL Water Canvas with it and it looks great. I tried other brands, but this one seems to keep oilies at bay longer without looking messy or cakey on the face. I use #12, which is the lightest, so far it works, so I will probably buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2008 4:40:00 AM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

IMO, this is better than blot (which i have regrettably used for a long time)......i use #14 for my current winter C3 skin...it matched perfectly...yellow enuff and great coverage....i have combo skin that gets oily and oxidizes most of my foundation by the end of the day...though the outcome of my makeup looks better than blot by the end of the day, it still cant beat my Kryolan anti shine for oil control.