Philosophy Falling in Love

3.8

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Sickly sweet... like berry flavored cotton candy. I hear people say that after the top notes evaporate you're left with something nice but if the scent fades after a couple of hours, it seems like a slim window of time for the perfect scent. All in all, it's just not worth it for me. I had the same reaction to Thierry Mugler's Angel so I guess sweet treat smells are just not my thing.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Other, Fine

OMG. This is SOOO not the fragrance for me. It smells like blackberries and I totall hate fragrances that smell like food....other than vanilla. I do not like to smell like any kind of fruit. I like the Amazing Grace fragrance but it had to grow on me. I really wanted to like this as they kept advertising how everyone tells you how wonderful you smell when you are wearing it, and how men love it, blah, blah. I did get compliments but I still couldn't stand it. It just made me want to vomit. I suggest you try before you buy. If you must buy, get a very small bottle then buy up, if it works for you. Just a big fat, NOPE NOPE NOPE for me.

OMG...this stuff actually almost Gagged me, lol! Totally not my thing, cheap, sweet, absolutely yucky :-( The only reason I gave it 2 lips is because it just keeps staying, and staying.....I must have got some on my sweater when I sprayed it last night, now this morning, it's still all I can smell! Into the washer w/ the sweater, lol!

I asked for this perfume for Christmas even though I had never actually smelled it, and I was more than pleasantly surprised. It is a lovely sweet, but not cloying gourmand. The initial scent is a bit "alcoholy" but it quickly dries to a soft blackberry/cotton candy/vanilla delight. I took 1 lippie off because the staying power is not great and the bottle is a little boring. I will definitely purchase this again because I know I will be going through this large bottle quite quickly.

EDIT: I am actually quite annoyed with this "spray fragrance". It really does smell lovely, for 30 seconds and then it's gone. For $50 I want more than lightly scented water. I have the lotion and shower gel, and those have no fragrance whatsoever, complete and major disappointment,

I was at Sephora looking for a new perfume. I needed a change. I came across this spray fragrance, and purchased the travel size to give it a try.....needless to say I'm HOOKED! I LOVE the smell of this stuff. It goes on sweet, but it mellows out after a few minutes. I love love LOVE the smell of it. The only downside is that the spray fragrance fades, and you have to re-apply. However, I just picked up the eau de parfum, and it seems to have better staying power. I'm in love.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This smells like pure cotton candy. I cannot wear any fragrance that smells like food or is too sweet. I'm more of a floral, clean, musk type of gal. The 3in1 kind of grew on me after a while but I was sooooo happy when it finished. This fragrance I thought lasted the most out of all the Graces of Philosophy, sure enough my least favorite. Needless to say I wasn't getting it again.

Remember the Original L'Occitane Vanilla that was discontinued? Well, I found the dead ringer scent in Philosophy Flling in Love. A delicious foody comforting warm vanilla that is not cloying.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received this cologne as a gift for my birthday. My husband has a very sensitive nose....meaning he doesn't like many scents. I, myself tend to get headaches from various colognes and scented creams. Well, this was wonderful! It smells pretty, if that makes sense! No headache for me, my husband loves it and I love it too. Thumbs up all the way!!

I love, love, love this scent. HG. It's sweet but not candy sweet, and doesn't come off as childish. It has pretty good staying power, for me at least. Definitely a good year-round scent. :)

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

What can I say, I just love this one! It's both rich and soft without being tacky or overwhelming -- pretty difficult to pull off. I adore this scent. Unfortunately, it has about zero staying power on me.

Popular Fragrances