April 19, 2014 | 1880 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - Lift Concealer

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2009 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Briellesmama

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am 47 years old, with some darkness under my eyes and unfortunately a bit of puffiness. I am still in search of a great concealer. I read the review on this based on women around my age, and thought this might be "the one"... I don't get it!!! This stuff didn't cover a thing... It has a nice feel, but I had to put concealer on top of this.... I am returning to Sephora today, because this is not worth anything. Thus far, the only concealer that seems to work on me without creasing or looking dry is Senna.....
Ladies, this stuff is awful!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2009 5:21:00 AM More reviews by jessicaho

PROS:
- didn't crease
- stays put
- tube packaging is hygienic

CONS:
- does not cover
- does not cover even with layering
- makes my 20 yo eyes look 40 when i smile.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2009 12:43:00 PM More reviews by grace123456

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my first review ever on the makeupalley, and I really think that this product is worth raving about. First of all this product is amazing. The consistency is great, liquid form, and it covers really well my dark circles. Better than other brands I tried before example Cle de Peau and La Prairie. I am thirty with fine lines and this concealer does not accentuate my fine lines, but I don't see any lift around my eyes. Then again I don't think any concealer could actually lift. I choose color number 3 and it blends great with my pale skin. It has more pink than color number I. If you are looking for a concealer liquid form this is a great product to check out. Worth raving about.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2009 10:41:00 PM More reviews by redorb1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A great concealer for "mature" skin and dark circles/bags! Blends into skin easily and provides excellent coverage. The lightest shade works well on my fair skin. Has a natural look, and doesn't give you raccoon eyes. A little goes a long way too!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2009 10:40:00 PM More reviews by redgirl_bkk

It doesn't work for me! I thought I found my HG concealer when I read all the raves here and went straight to MUFE counter. I bought it in #3 and the color was fine. There's nothing wrong with the color at all. I think it just the formula that doesn't work well for me. I have a few mild wrinkles under my eyes and by using this concealer these lines are more visible. When I have a closer look it's just ugly and I have to use my finger to even out the creamy stuff that stuck in these lines so that my wrinkles are less visible. I'm only 27 and I know my wrinkles are not that kind of deep hideous ones but still MUFE lift concealer can't do nothing about it but makes it worse.

I won't buy it again and I'm not going to finish the tube either. I'm getting my Giorgio Armani High Precision Touch back which is a true HG for me. The only disadvantage of GA high precision is that you can't wear it if you're going to take photos because your undereye areas will look strangely bright compared to other areas of your face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by RainbowsUnicornsAndHGfdn

Click "continued" for photos.

This undereye concealer seems to brighten more than it conceals. It's nowhere near opaque, I'd say it has ~ 60% transparency and ~ 40% coverage. So I wouldn't recommend it for those with severe circles. However its brightening effect would be ideal for those with just light circles (.....it's dark circles vs. light circles apparently), because in my experience non-severe circles + high coverage = cakey & obvious & ends up emphasizing the undereye area more than the circles did in the first place.

It's in liquid form with very thin consistency (compared to say, Lancome Effacernes). Despite that, it feels creamy and is easily spreadable. It has a matte finish yet still adds a luminescent 'glow', where your skin looks brighter without being too 'reflective' (hence keeping the finish matte)

Does not cake at all, and lasts for around 6, 7 hours before your circles kinda peek out again, of course that also depends on how oily you are, and whether you use a primer.

In conclusion, it's great for those with non-severe circles, who just want to add a little "lifting" glow to the undereye area, but would be close to useless for serious circles, in that case, try Lancome Effacernes or MUFE Full Cover (both are more opaque and thicker).

The following photos feature the shade "1" (I'm NW15ish)

continued >>

38 out of 38 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2009 11:38:00 PM More reviews by VeryVain1985

This concealer is pretty good I must say. It blends pretty well and covers dark circles pretty well.

Compared to Lancome's Effacernes, this concealer is a bit more sheer so I think Lancome's Effacernes does a better job at the concealing part. Lancome's can be a little bit drying sometimes, but if you warm it up with the fingers it shouldn't be a problem. On the other hand this Make Up For Ever concealer goes on really smooth, the texture is a bit more runny.

In the end I like Lancome's concealer more. Firstly because it provides a better coverage and secondly because the new version has SPF 12 in it! The color section of MUFE is wider though, Lancome only has 3 colors or so.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 10:12:00 AM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Agree with most of the reviews here: Good value, seeing how little is needed and how long it lasts. Easy to layer. Smooth coverage without caking and folding under eyes. Compatible with other makeup brands, very creamy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 4:47:00 PM More reviews by dggpa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of the better concealers, doesn't dry out, easy to apply, and need very little product

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by micka686

I am NC30 in MAC. I have used MAC concealers (both in liquid and in the little pot) and Cinema Secrets. I use this for my undereyes dark circle.

I bought number 2 in Sephora store the other day and I am using it for 3 days already and I LOVE it. It melts into my undereyes area. You need just a little bit to cover and it does not settle into creases (which I had the problem with Cinema Secrets). It is long lasting and a lovely product.

In Canada, I paid around CAD$27.