Cover Girl Simply Powder Foundation

3.9

Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Dextrin, Calcium Silicate, Nylon 12, Zinc Stearate, Quaternium 15, Lecithin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Propylparaben, Methicone, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Methylparaben, Lauroyl Lysine, Glyceryl Rosinate, Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, May Contain:, Ultramarines

on 7/14/2009 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have been trying to find a natural looking, decent covering, oil controlling powder foundation for summer, and this is it! I use this in soft honey on my summer tanned skin and it blends flawlessly! It's smooth and natural looking, zaps oil, and provides a decent amount of coverage. No caking, sinking into pores, or chalky look at all! I have tried MANY powder foundations, both drugstore and high end, but like this one the best. Love the sponge that comes with it too! A true drugstore gem! UPDATE: Just wanted to update to say this is still one of the absolute best pressed powder foundations I have found. Doesn't sink into pores, and provides silky smooth coverage. No breakouts either...love it!

on 6/24/2009 11:10:00 PM

Im absolutely in love with this product. Ive been using it for about 2 or 3 years now, and I truly have few complaints. The consistency and coverage of the foundation is great. It is never cakey looking, or to sheer. I do have acne, blemishes, well just not great skin. But with a concealer and this powder, it completely covers up all my blemishes and leaves a flawless looking face. I also have oily skin, and the foundation never slides off. The few downsides to it, is if you dont blend it out well around the jaw line, on occasion, it will leave streaks on your face. Another con about this is it sometimes settles in to my fine lines, and I am young, so having it accentuate those areas is not good for me.
Other then that it is truly an amazing product and i will continue to purchase it.

on 6/19/2009 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Im a girl of color and this is ok. i cant use cover girl foundation but there powders are good for oils blotting

on 6/17/2009 10:38:00 PM

I've used this product ALOT. It covers great without any signs of cakey-ness. I love it. I recommend it to anybody. It's easy to use and doesn't mess with your skin. Cheap.

on 6/12/2009 11:38:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I've used this product for YEARS and I keep going back to it. Its the easiest foundation I've ever used, dirt cheap, and actually fixes what I am concerned about (rediness and oiliness). For the price, it's worth a try.

on 5/11/2009 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I think I just can't use powders, not sure if it's a covergirl thing or not but powders just look like I stuck my face in some dust, no matter how much I try to blend.

this was my old standard for powder foundation for a long time, then I went to mineral which was a bit expensive and I found had a glitter to it (WHY!??!?) so I gave that to a friend and went back to this while I shopped for something else. The only bad thing I can say about this product is that it was so obvious I was wearing it. It was light on but very obvious not very natural looking at all on me I used the Ivory color.
-Pamela

on 4/21/2009 12:34:00 AM

This is a really good product... I just love the fact that it is great at controlling oil. :-)

on 4/8/2009 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Why did I stray from this for some many years testing out mineral makeup (disaster) and liquid foundations? Nothing else gives me that you're not wearing foundation look. It evens out my flaws, minimizes pores and doesn't break me out. The ingredients are acne-prone friendly. Won't hide an angry red zit but that's what concealer is for.

I do wish it would control my oily skin better but I can't find any powder to do that, not even silica powder. A little milk of magnesia on the t-zone does the trick or a mattifying sunscreen like Sofina UV Lucent. EDIT: Fyrinnae silica gel is awesome for this!

I have somewhat fair /light skin with olive and yellow undertones. Very hard to match foundation to my tone. I use the classic ivory which is pretty neutral. The ivory is too pink and creamy natural is too dark. Classic ivory blends in pretty well. Not perfect but good enough.

Out of everything I have tried, this is my HG. I keep coming back to it.

EDIT 6/4/09: Found something better but it's $$$: Benefit Hello Flawless is now my HG. Check out my review.

on 3/21/2009 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I've been using this stuff for years, especially my high school years. It isn't what I use on a daily basis anymore, but it is still an awesome, inexpensive product. It covers quite nicely for a powder, and I always keep it with me for touch ups or emergencies. The compact is a bit odd to put together the first time you do it, but after you do it once it's no biggie. I use classic ivory as it is less pink than just the plain ivory. I've recently purchased this again because I needed a powder fdtn quicky, I was without my normal makeup bag and I picked this up at wal-mart, still inexpensive! I would definitely recommend this product to all young ladies that are just starting out with makeup. It's convenient, easy to apply, never looks heavy, and the price is great.