November 28, 2014 | 1851 users online

Powder - Cover Girl - Simply Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Corruption

I've used this product ALOT. It covers great without any signs of cakey-ness. I love it. I recommend it to anybody. It's easy to use and doesn't mess with your skin. Cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2009 11:38:00 PM More reviews by amoyer2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this product for YEARS and I keep going back to it. Its the easiest foundation I've ever used, dirt cheap, and actually fixes what I am concerned about (rediness and oiliness). For the price, it's worth a try.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2009 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Dollykins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I think I just can't use powders, not sure if it's a covergirl thing or not but powders just look like I stuck my face in some dust, no matter how much I try to blend.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2009 2:03:00 AM More reviews by AtomicEmpress86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this was my old standard for powder foundation for a long time, then I went to mineral which was a bit expensive and I found had a glitter to it (WHY!??!?) so I gave that to a friend and went back to this while I shopped for something else. The only bad thing I can say about this product is that it was so obvious I was wearing it. It was light on but very obvious not very natural looking at all on me I used the Ivory color.
-Pamela

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 12:34:00 AM More reviews by estle

This is a really good product... I just love the fact that it is great at controlling oil. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 5:18:00 PM More reviews by BUGmaui1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Why did I stray from this for some many years testing out mineral makeup (disaster) and liquid foundations? Nothing else gives me that you're not wearing foundation look. It evens out my flaws, minimizes pores and doesn't break me out. The ingredients are acne-prone friendly. Won't hide an angry red zit but that's what concealer is for.

I do wish it would control my oily skin better but I can't find any powder to do that, not even silica powder. A little milk of magnesia on the t-zone does the trick or a mattifying sunscreen like Sofina UV Lucent. EDIT: Fyrinnae silica gel is awesome for this!

I have somewhat fair /light skin with olive and yellow undertones. Very hard to match foundation to my tone. I use the classic ivory which is pretty neutral. The ivory is too pink and creamy natural is too dark. Classic ivory blends in pretty well. Not perfect but good enough.

Out of everything I have tried, this is my HG. I keep coming back to it.

EDIT 6/4/09: Found something better but it's $$$: Benefit Hello Flawless is now my HG. Check out my review.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2009 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Buttercup86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this stuff for years, especially my high school years. It isn't what I use on a daily basis anymore, but it is still an awesome, inexpensive product. It covers quite nicely for a powder, and I always keep it with me for touch ups or emergencies. The compact is a bit odd to put together the first time you do it, but after you do it once it's no biggie. I use classic ivory as it is less pink than just the plain ivory. I've recently purchased this again because I needed a powder fdtn quicky, I was without my normal makeup bag and I picked this up at wal-mart, still inexpensive! I would definitely recommend this product to all young ladies that are just starting out with makeup. It's convenient, easy to apply, never looks heavy, and the price is great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2009 11:06:00 PM More reviews by pattyshine

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like both HE and drugstore cosmetics. The bottom line is, does it work, and is it wonderful. WEll, I tried this Simply Powder from CG and was very surprised at the quality. It is quite good, and matches Clinique Almost Powder foundation, and MN Luxiva powder foundation, almost, or, maybe completely! I will certainly buy this again. It covers, well. The shade I am using is Classic Ivory. It stays on and makes the complexion look finished. The only drawback I can really find is that when you purchase this, it is hard to fix the compact. You have to learn how to"unfold" and slip the mirror side in the right side without breaking it - no joke. Anyway, I am not a mechanic so I have to proceed with caution. Edit: I wanted to say that I have dry skin and use a moisturizer underneath, and low and behold, it does not change color. It does not turn orangey! I feel it covers very,very well. It does not make my skin look dry and holds up through the day. For those who love the comfort of a foundation, I feel I have no makeup on at all! UPDATE: I have been trying all kinds of foundations lately - have been on a foundation kick. As I have said before, this is an expensive hobby. Believe it or not, this is my fav now out of all I have reviewed, and I like the others I reviewed. The Simply Powder is cheap, too. How did I win out this way - who knows! It is wonderful to find my best foundation for such a low price! I use the Classic Ivory. (The compacts look a little darker in the pan, but run true to form.)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2008 2:05:00 PM More reviews by SugaCookie26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this powder twice and was disappointed both times. If you're a woman of color it'll be hard finding a shade that really suits you. It seems like all they do is darken the shades they already have without changing the undertones at all. A girlfriend of mine once asked "Do you have a fever? You look so pink and flushed." :S Not what you want to hear the day you try a new makeup. The coverage was ok, good if you want medium coverage, but you do have to reapply at least once because it can get a little shiny later in the day. It runs out faster too. Overall it was an average powder at best.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2008 2:03:00 PM More reviews by LayDinred27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this. I have tried other CG foundations and powders but this is the best! I would definetly repurchase this and I will replace it w/my Clinique's foundation that I use now. It's cheaper and I love how it looks on me better. I'm glad I bought this!