September 22, 2014 | 1004 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2010 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Jesamyn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I picked this up in 750 Creamy Beige, and the color is a spot-on match for my very neutral skin. The coverage is light, just evening out the tone. The finish is semi-matte for me and looks very natural. I don't have trouble with the color shifting or the foundation slipping throughout the day. I can't say how hydrating this really is, but my skin still feels soft and fresh at the end of the day.

I like the plastic bottle and spout. I don't have to worry about the bottle breaking during travel, and I'm not introducing anything into my makeup by putting the brush into it. The pressure changes of flying (or maybe my packing) did cause some extra makeup to spurt out of the spout after the trip, but it wasn't enough to flood out of the lid.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2010 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Ktina88

Pros: well its a foundation and gives you some coverage and it doesn't really come off. colors are okay too, as is he price
Cons: oily. very very oily. I felt like I was wearing an oil mask that could slip off at any moment
When I bought this foundation it was a spur of the moment thing. I'm partial to tinted moisturizers and was actually looking for the CG smoothers tinted moisturized and could not find it. Then here comes my fiance rushing me to all hell so we could get out of the store so I just haphazardly grabbed this in my color and went thinking it might be okay. The first time I wore it I wasn't too fond of it and I thought maybe it was just because I hadn't worn any foundation in a loooong time and decided to give it another chance. A couple weeks later I was furious with this being the only choice for coverage I had in my bathroom and having to constantly have this horribly oily feeling all over my face. I don't even have oily skin. Finally I just said eff it and bought something else. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by 2010

This is one of the first foundations I ever used, when I started wearing it. I have really red skin, and wanted something to cover it that wouldn't break me out more... I have really pale skin, that is not pink or orange or red.. this foundation is definitely more on the pinky-orange side...
It's really cakey. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone! Also, it fades really quickly!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2010 9:12:00 AM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I origanilly bought this for my daughter, initailly believing only good for teenagers. I was in her room today and decided to give it a try. well I have to say this foundation is great! U really have to have clean smooth skin before application or it will stick to the flaky areas, but it really gives a nice believable finish. I usually wear the revlon colorstay but it doesnt give me any dimension (some women know what I mean). this looks dewy and real. I will probably buy one for myself lol! But i have to say I just started using the estee lauder serum in the brown dropper and my skin looks a lot better so this could also be why this foundation looks great. But anyway ladies its a good option if your looking for something cheap and effective. But remember if you are using this in hot weather, powder is the key.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Crystalskull

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I keep coming back to this one! I have tried an insane amount of foundations. I am pickey...I like sheer to buildable coverage, I want it matte but not too matte, I hate having to blend etc etc. Add to that, I am super pale (almost NW 15 but paler), and practically EVERYTHING oxidizes on me very quickly (Laura Mercia and Pur Minerals being the only other ones I have found that don;t thus far). This foundation meets all my requirements. I always stray thinking I have found something new and awesome, but I always end up returning it and using my cover girl. I took off one lippie because it does have a tendency to fade. Esp. around my nose. But still...can't be the price and the quality is excellent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

I recently purchased the older version of this (well, the older packaging rather) for about $1.00- I thought I had nothing to lose, and the color I chose seemed spot on. After purchasing this, I decided to check reviews to see how other where using this, and saw that many found it sheer. I'm not sure if its the new formula, but mine has really decent coverage- not the heaviest, not the lightest. This is a great foundation for those laid back days, or you can even mix this with another foundation lightly for a more decreased coverage (sometimes I squeeze a tiny bit if this into my Revlon Colorstay or MAC studiofix to tone down the heaviness of those two) .....I'm so happy I stumbled upon this, and wil go back to pick more up. When it comes to foundations, Cover Girl has never seemed to have the proper color (most seem to pull pink, even slightly grey) but the color I chose (Classic Ivory) is perfect for my NC20-25 skintone with slight yellow undertones- its just lovely :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by chi27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

it doesn't stay too long on me and it broke me out :(

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by dachinkyloser

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros: easy application tip, nice shade
Cons: broke me out, does not control oil, no staying power

I switched from the CG clean makeup to this due to the EWG rating. Waste of my $5, I do no usually break out but this foundation made me breakout in my tzone.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2010 4:44:00 PM More reviews by jazzsm191

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this foundation yesterday & have so far found that I really like it. I do have fairly oily skin. It is true, that it has very sheer coverage, but for a 13 year old girl with only a few blemishes I am quite pleased. I bought it for about 11 dollars at Shopper's Drug Mart in Buff Beige. I'd say it matches my skin tone very nicely. There were only 2 parts of this product that I didn't find amazing. The shade gives me sort of a blue look? It's not noticeable to anyone but myself, but it it very, very sheer. The other thing was that I wish it came in a slightly larger tube, but for the price I'd say it is a very good product to try out.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by gothamangel08

I have oily skin. I have used this product for more than 6 months now. Since I bought this product, I'm likely to finish using this foundation before purchasing a new one. I'm just starting to discover about foundation. This product doesn't give you much coverage and is a really cheap quality. I'm not a fan of cover girl makeup..of course the one exception is the covergirl mascara. I will not be re-purchasing this product.