OPI Malaga Wine

4.7

on 5/5/2009 11:16:00 AM

THE perfect, rich red polish with blue undertones. It's been a staple of mine for years, and will continue to be. To sum this color up in one word: SEXY!

on 4/22/2009 10:32:00 PM

My search for the perfect blue blood red is over. What a BEAUTIFUL color. This is the HG red I have been searching 30 years (since I was 12) for. I am going to buy back ups in this. I look at my toes and can almost taste Merlot on my lips! Now if only I could find a lipstick in this exact shade......

on 4/22/2009 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Beautiful rich, dark red. I found this went on like a jelly polish sorta. Application was good.

Love the wine red color, perfect I must say! I definitely prefer this over "I'm not really a waitress".

on 3/26/2009 12:44:00 PM

This is the first polish I have picked up from OPI in ages, this one with the ProWide brush and improved formula... And wow! Went on really well, two thin coats and the colour was thick, shiny and smooth - the new brush is fab too!

Sadly though I was not as impressed with the colour, it is a nice deep colour, but.. I have a few other polishes the exact same shade and much cheaper, and I dont wear this shade often, yet seem to always buy it! It is a very dark shade on me.. very brown red on me, rather than the true red that other reviewers have reported, which is a shame because I would have loved it more had it been so!

I was lured into buying it by the sales lady who told me it came out brighter (lesson learnt: only trust MUA, and never, ever listen to a sales person!)

I will certainly finish the bottle and bin the cheaper ones due to the superior quality, but slightly too dark to be flattering.

on 12/12/2008 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This is my favorite shade of polish. I'd never worn red before I tried Malaga Wine. Unenlightened youth that I was, I felt red was *common* whereas Iiked to be exciting. Then I got a job that banned anything but neutrals and red. Now its my signature shade. I had tried Kennebunk-port first, but I liked Malaga a bit more. Depending on the lighting its either a beautiful bright red or a rich blood red. Its classic and classy and perfect for any occasion.

on 11/16/2008 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is another one I bought from my sister, and I love the color. It applies easily, dries quickly, and is beautiful.

I applied 2 thin coats, and there is some unevenness (is that a word?) which is why I took off one lippie.

I like that this is a beautiful, deep red, but it does not look slu**y on my short nails. I know it will look fantastic on my toes. If the other OPI colors I have are any indication, it should last really well, too.

on 10/23/2008 3:28:00 AM

if u don't like looking as though u are wearing blood on ur nails then don't get this! i was after a darker red and was made to believe this was the right colour, alas, it was not. no matter how much i layer it, i still won't achieve the desired colour. this is not a cheap product either. sigh sigh.

on 10/12/2008 7:51:00 AM

As others have said, this is the perfect red for any occasion. I also like a more classic warm red as well but this is the perfect red for Autumn/Winter when you don't want to wear a brighter red. I also like that it is blood red, instead of a browny red, which so many of them seem to be, and looks horrid on my skin. It is a definitely a cool red but I look better with warms colors and it still looks great on me. So happy I chose this color, as this is here to stay and I can tell straight away, it will not end up in the bin like some other dark colors I have tried before....love it.

on 10/10/2008 12:56:00 AM

What can I say? This should be the red polish everyone should own!
Malaga Wine isn't really a wine color, it's more of a true blood red in direct sunlight. It's a very classic color, and is very similar to MAC's Rougemarie. In the shade, or indoors, MW transforms into a dark red, very close to a vampy nail color.
That is what I love about this color: it changes depending on the lighting.
The application was great! I applied 2 thin coats for opacity. The np went on smoothly, with absolutely no streaks. I applied 1 coat of Nailtek Foundation as my basecoat, then proceeded with 2 coats of Malaga Wine, and finally, one coat of Seche Vite.
The result is a glossy blood red that suits every occasion!

IMO, everyone should own Malaga Wine, it is a staple! I see it as asuitable color on all skintones.

Top Rated OPI Products