October 21, 2014 | 913 users online

Polishes - OPI - Malaga Wine

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2008 8:11:00 AM More reviews by mellifera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite shade of polish. I'd never worn red before I tried Malaga Wine. Unenlightened youth that I was, I felt red was *common* whereas Iiked to be exciting. Then I got a job that banned anything but neutrals and red. Now its my signature shade. I had tried Kennebunk-port first, but I liked Malaga a bit more. Depending on the lighting its either a beautiful bright red or a rich blood red. Its classic and classy and perfect for any occasion.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2008 8:40:00 PM More reviews by rd_donaldson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is another one I bought from my sister, and I love the color. It applies easily, dries quickly, and is beautiful.

I applied 2 thin coats, and there is some unevenness (is that a word?) which is why I took off one lippie.

I like that this is a beautiful, deep red, but it does not look slu**y on my short nails. I know it will look fantastic on my toes. If the other OPI colors I have are any indication, it should last really well, too.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2008 3:28:00 AM More reviews by kimsaprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

if u don't like looking as though u are wearing blood on ur nails then don't get this! i was after a darker red and was made to believe this was the right colour, alas, it was not. no matter how much i layer it, i still won't achieve the desired colour. this is not a cheap product either. sigh sigh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2008 7:51:00 AM More reviews by bulbataras

As others have said, this is the perfect red for any occasion. I also like a more classic warm red as well but this is the perfect red for Autumn/Winter when you don't want to wear a brighter red. I also like that it is blood red, instead of a browny red, which so many of them seem to be, and looks horrid on my skin. It is a definitely a cool red but I look better with warms colors and it still looks great on me. So happy I chose this color, as this is here to stay and I can tell straight away, it will not end up in the bin like some other dark colors I have tried before....love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2008 12:56:00 AM More reviews by annabelle

What can I say? This should be the red polish everyone should own!
Malaga Wine isn't really a wine color, it's more of a true blood red in direct sunlight. It's a very classic color, and is very similar to MAC's Rougemarie. In the shade, or indoors, MW transforms into a dark red, very close to a vampy nail color.
That is what I love about this color: it changes depending on the lighting.
The application was great! I applied 2 thin coats for opacity. The np went on smoothly, with absolutely no streaks. I applied 1 coat of Nailtek Foundation as my basecoat, then proceeded with 2 coats of Malaga Wine, and finally, one coat of Seche Vite.
The result is a glossy blood red that suits every occasion!

IMO, everyone should own Malaga Wine, it is a staple! I see it as asuitable color on all skintones.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2008 11:37:00 PM More reviews by ilasik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My very favorite OPI color.It is the most beautiful rich wine that looks great with a little black dress.
Whenever I decide to try a different color I scan the shelves at the nail salon but no matter how many bottles there are I always seem drawn to it and pick it out of the crowd.
I would call it HG but for the life of me I can't figure out what it stands for. If anyone can tell me..PLEASE email

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2008 7:37:00 PM More reviews by hedgehog2484

Malaga Wine is a deep wine red color - a tad cool, but neutral enough to be flattering on many skintones. With all of the super dark polishes introduced the past couple of years, this almost seems more like a mid-tone now, but I would still classify it as deep. This is a creme, which I like, and applied well (I have the older formula). This is a very classic looking red that is wearable year-round. Malaga Wine is not a unique color, but I do like it. It is very popular, but for a good reason as it is suitable for many skintones, ages, situations, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2008 6:11:00 PM More reviews by zaintek

Wonderful sophisticated deep red polish. It's perfect a pedicure, makes me feel very luxious!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2008 2:12:00 PM More reviews by mellody43

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The only nailpolish I have ever repurchased. BEST color for my toes, ever. Looks sophisticated. No shimmer/glitter. Love love love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 7:10:00 PM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Malaga red is a beautiful vampy deep red cream, no glitter or shimmer here. Its simply gorgeous, very classy and sophicated. On my pale cool toned skin it pulls a bit more brown /plummy than I ideally I would like so its not my HG red polish but its still just stunning and one of the better red I have tried. If you find Malaga Wine a bit dark or brown on you then I suggest Got The Blues For Red, its maybe 1.5 shades lighter and has zero brown tones on me. So classic and lovely, applies like a dream.