August 27, 2014 | 1781 users online

Mascara - Bourjois - Coup de Theatre 2 in 1 False Lash Illusion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2005 5:52:00 PM More reviews by raincheck

This worked wonders for me! This is my HG mascara when I want big, dramatic lashes. For everyday smudge proof wear I use Shu Uemura Basic Mascara. I apply several coats of the base and then two coats of the mascara and it really does look like I'm wearing falsies. I used to love MAC's fiberlash, but it smudged so badly. This along with Paula Dorf's cream blush in Candy Apple, MUFE's loose powder, LORAC's oil-free foundation and Bare Escentuals eyeshadow in Vanilla Sugar,Cashmere and Pussycat are my staples! BTW, I have relatively long lashes that curl already. I'm not talking big fan lashes, but I do have longer and thickier than average lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2005 11:01:00 AM More reviews by alip

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like it. It's the only mascara I've ever used that doesn't clog. Although it doesn't add huge amounts of volume (although it does add length), it gives a more natural look while still emphasising the lashes. I'm on my 4th one!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2005 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Vinita09

This mascara did not cause any sort of false lash illusion! Very disappointing, because it did not add volume and length. I would compare it to maybelline great lash. I like l'oreals lash architect, which works way better.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2005 3:22:00 AM More reviews by jordan131kiwi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the original "dual" mascara, it's been around for at least 5 years in the U.S. As most of you know, Loreal and Maybelline (among others) have recently released similar mascaras, but this has to be my favorite. It makes your lashes very long - pretty doll-like, they can look a bit like false lashes. No clumps, remarkably, and it comes in brown, black, a navy-blue, or a plum color.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2005 3:32:00 PM More reviews by shegotgame

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was excited when I first saw this because my eyelashes are very sparse. I was very dissapointed by this product, and with most other fiber mascaras I've tried. This does not make my lashes seem longer or thicket than any other mascara. Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2005 7:32:00 AM More reviews by LoveAngelMusicBaby

Its an ok mascara. Makes lashes long and separated but not so much volume.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2005 5:19:00 PM More reviews by jennifer1014

This Bourjois mascara is definitely something you have to try. They are the sister brand of Chanel and I have to say that the Bourjois mascara is way better. Both sides of the mascara must be used to achieve the look of long pretty lashes. I have to say that they do not thicken as much as they lengthen, but this is the only mascara that warranted a comment from my fiance (EVER!). One tip I can give is to make sure that while you are moving up the lash do not forget to do that side to side action as well (more fibers come out that way). Also, please note that this mascara does not run, cake up on the tub opening and tends to dry out the older it gets. I welcome that because it reminds me that it is time to repurchase.

* If the 2-step process is too much for you try Bad Gal from Benefit or Diorshow for an all out lash.

**Also this is WAY better than the 2-step mascaras sold at drugstores. I tried the Maybelline one and after 2-3 uses it was DRY.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2005 3:29:00 PM More reviews by kinipela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nothing to write home about.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2005 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Doodlepig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think the stuff is great. If you take your time in layering this product, you get an beautiful effect, The only thing negative I have to say about it is the brush wands that it has. Way to big for the inner and lower lashes. So i buy disposible ones. I like to use the white base and then the black then I use Loreal grand curl over it. The loreal gives lashes a nice sheen. I read some of the negative reviews and I can see there point. This is one of those either I love or hate products. no in betweens.Update4/16/06 If you just buy Macs Prep and prime last you can use any mascara savess money

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2005 5:33:00 PM More reviews by slok87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, this is the best mascara for long, thick lashes. It has to be applied properly though or of course you're going to get big thick clumps in your lashes instead. First you take the primer wand and smush a piece of tissue around it to get off all the excess goop. Yes, I know the mascara was expensive and you don't want to waste it, but its going to be wasted if its gunked on your lashes. Also, don't try to scrape it off in the tube--this doesn't work and only makes more clumps. Okay, so with the de-gunkified primer wand you coat your lashes evenly from roots to tips (The primer gives you thickness and body that tons of coats of mascara would take to build up). Now with the mascara wand do the same thing; smush tissue around the wand to get off all the excess gunk. Then evenly coat all your lashes from root to tip. Then hold the wand vertically and lightly comb/separate your lashes. Repeat with the mascara wand until your lashes are as thick/long as you want. Then vertically comb through on your bottom lashes. If you still don't believe this is the most beautiful/like fake eyelashes your lashes have ever been, put your old mascara on one eye and Coup de Theatre on the other. Then compare, especially with side views. EDIT: I know I used to love this. I really did. Now I find the mascara end to make my lashes too dry and hard. The primer has remained fabulous. continued >>