September 18, 2014 | 1906 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 266 Thin Small Angle (natural hair)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 7:26:00 AM More reviews by neslin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first got it with holiday '09 brush set and since i was so happy with it i bought the original one too. I found out the original one was thinner and so much softer than the other one. But still i use them both everyday, one for fillling my brows and lining my lower lash line with e/s and the other one for fluidlines. I can say it's the best for using cream/gel eye liner and creating winged eye. I just place it on the outer corner right where my lashes end and flick it quick to get a thin wing and it's sooo much easier than describing it,believe me ! You just need to get used to it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 6:19:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I originally purchased this brush to apply gel liners and fluidline. I found the brush to be cumbersome and time consuming for lining. I ended up using it for my brows and it's perfect! I have thought about purchasing the 208, but this brush works excellent for applying powder to fill in my brows. When the time comes for replacing the 266, I probably will try the 208, but until the time comes this totally serves my needs. For reference I use this daily for the last 6 months and this brush still has lots of life left in it, looks almost brand new.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by kujiu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

it's my frist gel brush, high quality !i'd love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by duhnay

I love this brush! I use it to apply my gel/cream eyeliners and it works like a dream! It has the perfect softness and firmness that one wants when looking for an angled eyeliner brush. It also perfect for creating that "winged out" look! I absolutely love it! and if your going to splurge on a more expensive product, I would say brushes are a good thing to splurge on since you always need and use them!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by mrsleonidas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brush has the perfect everything! I have wasted so much money on trying to find a cheap dupe. I'm over it!!

I only need the 266...period. And I need more than 1 of them!

The softer FIRMNESS of the hairs is what I have needed.

This brush is made out of GOAT and OX hairs.

So, the small amount of the ox hairs are what gives it that extra bit of firmness.
Without being too firm and harsh! Yay!!

But, if have sensitive eye lids and skin... then I would probably recommend the 263 liner instead. Since it is made out of softer synthetic hairs.

I need more firmness for drawing sharp, darker, precise lines and end points for my eye brows and my eye liners. And I want it with the first try! I do not have time to go back over! This one gives it to me on the first try! Yay!

Unfortunately, I could never get that with any other liner or brow brush that I tried. And I have tried dozens! They were either too fat and harsh like the Smashbox Brow brush. Or they were too soft for my type of application....just like the 263 brush was. (though I did love the Coastal Scents Taklon Liner and Brow Shader liner brush before...it comes with the Italian Badger style red wood handle)

The width and length of this is bout the same as the 263. They say the 266 is a bit wider....... I guess by only a hair or so.....because I can't really tell when side by side.

But, since the 263 is softer and is made out of synthetic hairs..... it tends to spread/swell out.... differently after each wash or usage of products. So, I do not know what kind of line it will give with each use.

IMO,the firmness, thinness and length of the 266 hairs are absolutely purrrrrfect. It is always consistent with my lines... after each wash or after each usage with any type of liquid/cream/powder products. I have found my Huckleberry!

Now, I know that you are on here reading these reviews for your decision of what brush to actually buy.......
Well,I'm here to tell ya to just spend that $20 dollar bill on this MAC Brush and be done with it!
IMO, and many many others...... It truly is worth every penny!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by LBUJenni18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay, for the price... I expected the durability to be longer, and, because it's a MAC brush and I heard they last forever. So, for me, it's common sense to not mess around with this brush when washing it because it can lose and shape, well, I overestimated this brush and did that and now some of the bristles are out of place and the tip of the brush is no longer stiff. But, it still does it's job - just not as good as it did the first time I got it.
I still think the bristles are one the best for picking up gel/creme since it picks up a lot and 1, you're not wasting product, and 2, you're not wasting time. I have the E.L.F. studio angled brush and it SUCKS since it's soft synthetic hair oppose to this one, you just dip it in very very lightly in the gel/creme liner and there you go!
Personally, I think it's worth the price... Then again, if you find another angled brush with this type of bristle, then go for that one, I don't do much research on angled brush to be honest... lolol.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 3:01:00 AM More reviews by sunkissedgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This brush is so amazing for applying gel/cream liners. I have the MAC 209, 210, and 263. If I had to choose just one liner brush it would be the 266 hands down! I think that the natural hair bristles pick up more of the product and somehow applies it nicer. This brush can give me a natural thin line close to my lashes or a thicker more dramatic winged-out line. I bought mine at a CCO for $12!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Swoop

I bought this when I bought my blacktrack fluidliner and altho the price is a bit on the expensive side for such a little brush, i would defenitly buy it again. I use it for applying eyeliner and its just a great brush for me. Im very horrible with eyeliners, but I guess for ppl like me, its all about the brush you are using to apply it, because with this I can create the perfect line on my lids, which I never could do before.
So great for ppl who are new into the whole eyeliner thing or are just clumpsy as me, this thing is great!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by dsweet730

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Good for making wings with fluidlines and applying shadows on the lower lash line. May be a little difficult to control at first, but it's a good product overall. Needs cleaning a lot. I feel like I could get a cheaper angeled brush at the same quality somewhere else.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2010 1:45:00 PM More reviews by PinkFrosting27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My daily liner brush! I think it applys color too strongly for my brows( I actually use MAC's lip brush for them because it makes tiny strokes easier) but it's perfect for eyeliner! I love it! It apply's frosty and sparkley shades amazingly with no fallout. I've had tons of fun trying out diff eyeshadow shades wet as liner with this brush! I've stopped using pencil and liquid liner since purchasing it.