December 21, 2014 | 1703 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Blackest Black

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by reallyrita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good Heavens, what have they done? This was never the greatest mascara but it was a reliable one for me, easy to put on and easy to take off. I don't wear mascara daily so a tube will last me awhile. However, it was time to get a fresh one and I picked one up today at the drugstore. They have changed the brush. It is a little pink plastic one with hard spikes on it. Naturally, I poked myself in the eye straight off. I don't think this brush is putting much mascara on my lashes. It is a horrible brush. I am so disappointed. It is true that I could see that the brush was different before I bought the mascara but I figured it must be an improvement. Not so. I tried to find the soft and full one but no where to be seen. I wonder if it has been discontinued. The display was huge and there was no spot where it could have been. My eye hurts, I have a mascara I am afraid of using again. Good thing I did not throw out the old one yet. I wonder if any one else has had this experience with the new wand.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2012 3:40:00 AM More reviews by Lihilovesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the first mascara i have ever owned, and i got two of them, waterproof and regular one, and theres a hugeee different between them.
the regular one is pretty good, all you need to do is layer it and you'll get a great results, but let me tell you something about the waterproof one, well its not waterproof.
once you get in the water it starts to stick togther and make you look terrible, and it will flake and , ew just dont get the waterproof one.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2011 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Evelynlucille

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Super wet and smeary, I liked the applicator, and I liked that it's never really changed. But it is what it is, and it's just not for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by IheartCHA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This [in brownish black] is my favorite mascara ever. It never flakes off, or smudges on me. I don't get spider lashes. It's very natural looking, which is something I want... I could care less about a false lash effect from a mascara. I've tried, and own the blue color they usually keep year around as well, and love it.

I also like how these are gentle. My eyes can be really sensitive to eye makeup, and I've never had a problem with this.

My only gripe is that I -really- wish they would make a straight up brown color! Black is so unnatural looking on me for normal wear, but it's usually the only shade they have available. I always have a black, Great Lash mascara in my makeup stash for special occasions, so I will always repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried this when it first came out and hated it. I love the original great lash, and found this version to be clumpy and dry.
Fast forward a couple years and when my mom asked for suggestions for my X-mas stocking (I'm 26 and I still get a stocking. My parents are awesome) I said I could always use another tube of Great Lash. Lo and behold, she got this one. I decided to give it another shot, and I don't know if they changed the formula or what, but I LOVE it.
It goes on very, very black (even darker than Clinique High Impact), has a bit of glossiness, and lengthens like nothing else. Holds curl decently, no clumps, flakes or smudging. This formula lasts all day and night and gives me great volume, length and color. This is my new favorite mascara!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Jbluver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Overall: 1
Price: 2
Pkg Quality: 1
Repurchase: NAY!

Oh my gosh, where to start?! HATE this mascara! Seriously, the only positive attribute is that it's usually the cheapest mascara available at the d/s...and you get what you pay for! YUCKY! Clump city, burns, flakes and dries out so fast! I don't understand why fashion magazine after fashion magazine claims this as the top pick of the year, and the Makeup Artist favorite for every photoshoot. EW EW EW. Will never buy EVER EVER EVER again, would never recommend it either. Save your money for something worthwhile. Hope this helped :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by cutelilram

I have tried so many mascaras and I like this one. I didn't have the same problems as some of those on this site. It didn't flake or smudge and it darkened my lashes very nicely. I already have full and long lashes so I am not looking for a miracle mascara. This does the job and I will buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2011 1:25:00 AM More reviews by CreamPuffification

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Don't know how it became the number one mascara I have seen in magazines. It does nothing for my lashes, just clumps them together into five thick ones. It smudges like crazy, more than regular mascara for monolids. A big no no.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by aamna786

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

absolutely hated this mascara!!! with the amount of advertising done for this product i couldnt help but buy it .. i must say it is the worst so far. does not do anbything for my eyelashes. and for that reason shouldnt even be worth the amount i paid for it. my eyelashes had not volume no lenghth. mascara was completely and utterly useless. thank god i have found borjouis volume clubbing mascara the best mascara i have ever purchased and 1000% better than maybelline

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by misstaylarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this mascara! I've been using it for years, and its better than MAC's zoom lash for me! I'm fine using the brush that comes with it, but if you want a dramatic look, use a softer brush with more bristles to separate and lengthen lashes. That being said, I almost aways use the brush that comes with it, and i really do think its brilliant! Its a wonderful true black shade and goes on smoothly every time. Plus, its so cheap I can afford to have a back up for when mine runs out!

Brilliant Product!