April 17, 2014 | 1902 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Shine Free Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2007 10:57:00 PM More reviews by kegrilovessmu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this stuff after I had my baby. My face was a mess and I attributed it to hormones... I stopped using it for a while and my face cleared up. I started up again and guess what? My face went haywire. This stuff causes HUGE cystic acne for me, would NOT repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2007 11:21:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Finally, a great drugstore beauty find! I don't mean to exaggerate; I've found a lot of great products at the drugstore, but usually not cosmetics items. I have combination skin so I get a bit oily in the t-zone. The Shine Free pressed powder significantly reduced any oiliness I had, and the finish looked really nice. I don't get visibly oily, but by midday I can feel the build up of oil on my skin, and I think this has been contributing to some of my breakouts. I have this in the lightest shade (Ivory), and the color is very lightly pigmented. The powder was not cakey at all, and it gives a nice finish to my complexion. I took one lippie off for the cheapo applicator sponge that comes in the compact, but other than that this is a great find.
*EDIT* - Removed one lippie since this started causing me to breakout.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2007 12:37:00 PM More reviews by selmf

Yes, I would buy this again. I have used this powder as a base for eyeshadow over foundation or primer to even out skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2007 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Leal18

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

MY HG pressed powder. LOVE IT. It keeps me oil free for a few hours each time I dust it on and NO breakouts or clogged pores. LOVE this stuff!!
UPDATE: I still like this, but I must say, it has taken a back seat to MAC Blot powder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2007 3:26:00 AM More reviews by Jadekisses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is good. Its a drugstore product that does what it says it will. It gets rid of shine and i think its a great setting powder. The only problem i have with this is its so fragile and one corner cracked. Now if i put it in a make up bag powder gets everywhere. I might buy it again but i think im going to try Napoleon. But if that dosen't work ill be sure to get another one of these.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2007 12:34:00 PM More reviews by cutesinboots

My usually shiny face looks pretty good for an hour or two after using this product. But I need to reapply it during the day when the shininess comes back. Don't use the cheap powder puff that comes with it though, it's crap. Instead use a fluffy blush brush. And buy a shade that is one or two shades darker than your skin tone or you're going to look pale.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2007 4:18:00 PM More reviews by piscesenchantress

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ah, good old Shine Free. I remember when this came out years ago, I was probably in 7th or 8th grade. It came in a lavendar blush-size package, way smaller than the one today. It has been an on and off staple in my makeup bag over the years. It is a pretty decent powder, one of the few drug store yellow based powders that doesn't change color. It does control oil really well, but it is not as finely milled as other powders out there so if you don't apply it carefully it will look chalky. But if done right, it gives a good finish, requires minimal touch ups, and doesn't change color. The packaging isn't that great, but for what you pay for the product, you really can't complaint. Great buy on a budget or in a pinch, would recommend it. L'Oreal makes some great powders and I've been using those, however this is a good standby if you're in a pinch!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2007 12:27:00 PM More reviews by dragonballz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was getting tired of paying 13 dollars for revlon powder so I decided to get this after reading on MUA that "golden" is a very yellow based color. I really liked how cheap this was but I have a problem with the fact that the color darkens after application and turns slightly orange. Also the packaging is crappy b/c if you use a powder brush, the powder flies into these ridges around the powder in the case and its a pain to get the excess out without wasting it. Also the ring around the mirror is a midnight blue color which is not easy on the eyes when your trying to do makeup. Overall this is a decent product for the price but there is better out there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2007 3:53:00 PM More reviews by MMarie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For the price this pressed powder is a GREAT find!! I have tried many powders in d/s and dept stores and this pressed powder is as good or better than most. Honestly most powders make my already oily skin oilier but this one DOES NOT!!! I bought it on a whim and I glad I did. For $5 you can't go wrong and it's a rather large size too!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2007 1:36:00 PM More reviews by ntntnt

I wanted to give a different powder a try. I've been using cover girl trublend for the longest time and since this stuff costs less and you get a little more i decided to give it a try. Today was the first day using it and I hated it. It didn't cover very well, went on really chalky, and made dry spots on my face even worse. I think I'll go back to TruBlend pressed powder.