December 19, 2014 | 1694 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Shine Free Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2008 8:49:00 PM More reviews by jayesx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Prior to this powder, i was alternating between Estee Lauder's Aeromatte and Lancome's Photogenic..but this is MY HG powder. Its practically translucent and does a GREAT job keeping the shine off my face for hours..plus it doesn't break me out ( I'm very acne prone). However, this powder breaks far to easily and half way through, you are most likely going to need a new compact. The total weight is .45 oz but since you'll only be getting about .23oz worth for your money. For a drug store brand, that's pretty steep...but i'd rebuy it

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2008 2:29:00 AM More reviews by mountaingem

All-time favorite pressed powder! It comes in an extremely light shade that suits my fair complexion, controls oil and never turns orangey or cakey.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2007 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Cho1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I moved back to my hometown recently, that sadly, is poor as crap, which means high-end makeup isn't sold here. My budget has also significantly decreased in the last month, lol, so I need something I can get at the local drugstore for cheap cheap cheap. I used the loose version of this powder to mix with my minerals, but since EM seems to take FOREVER to come in for me (litterly four to five weeks), I decided to give that up, and just try the pressed version of this for abit more coverage than the loose would give. So far I like it, on my second compact; doesn't break me out, dosen't break itself (not like my MAC blot powder which broke the second day I got it, lol), gives decent skin-evening coverage, and best of all, doesn't get all cakey even with multipul applications! Oh yeah, oil-control; decent, not perfect, but dab some on every now and then and you're good to go.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2007 12:28:00 PM More reviews by mrsmike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a solid shine-reducing, won't break you out powder. I use "Golden" which is not too pink or orange and blends nicely. This powder is good at matifying and evening skin tone but certainly does not provide a tone of coverage. It is good to either set a full face of make-up or swipe over your face after concealer if you are going for an easy no foundation weekend look.
I have bought this powder off and on for probably 10 years because it is cheap and does a great job. That said, the compact almost always breaks before the powder is finished.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2007 9:08:00 PM More reviews by gabiinchicago

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like that this has a matte finish; all the mineral pressed powders seem to have a shimmery finish on me, and they accentuate my imperfections. I keep the compact in my purse and I like that it doesn't look cakey even after I apply to oily skin, but you have to do it lightly and just pat on, not rub. It doesn't make me break out, and I've been using it for 3+ years. I like the translucent color.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2007 3:49:00 PM More reviews by normajeane73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use Shine Free in my teenage years, but now it has changed somehow. Maybe they reformulated? Maybe my face is not as oily? It now looks like I plunged my face into a vat of flour whenever I use this. Sort of grainy texture and the case keeps breaking in front, so I couldn't keep it shut. Used to like it but doesn't work as well anymore.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2007 10:57:00 PM More reviews by kegrilovessmu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this stuff after I had my baby. My face was a mess and I attributed it to hormones... I stopped using it for a while and my face cleared up. I started up again and guess what? My face went haywire. This stuff causes HUGE cystic acne for me, would NOT repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2007 11:21:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Finally, a great drugstore beauty find! I don't mean to exaggerate; I've found a lot of great products at the drugstore, but usually not cosmetics items. I have combination skin so I get a bit oily in the t-zone. The Shine Free pressed powder significantly reduced any oiliness I had, and the finish looked really nice. I don't get visibly oily, but by midday I can feel the build up of oil on my skin, and I think this has been contributing to some of my breakouts. I have this in the lightest shade (Ivory), and the color is very lightly pigmented. The powder was not cakey at all, and it gives a nice finish to my complexion. I took one lippie off for the cheapo applicator sponge that comes in the compact, but other than that this is a great find.
*EDIT* - Removed one lippie since this started causing me to breakout.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2007 12:37:00 PM More reviews by selmf

Yes, I would buy this again. I have used this powder as a base for eyeshadow over foundation or primer to even out skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2007 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Leal18

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

MY HG pressed powder. LOVE IT. It keeps me oil free for a few hours each time I dust it on and NO breakouts or clogged pores. LOVE this stuff!!
UPDATE: I still like this, but I must say, it has taken a back seat to MAC Blot powder.