August 30, 2014 | 1804 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF45

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2009 11:54:00 AM More reviews by ellekaye

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Grey, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Dry Touch? Hah! What a LIE!!

I just bought it on a trip to Florida because I could not find my favorite Neutrogena Active Breathable sunblock anywhere. I applied it on arms, legs, face, and neck before going for a morning walk. It never dried. I felt not just greasy, but like I was covered in plasric wrap. This stuff is mis-named, overpriced, and a total waste.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2009 2:14:00 AM More reviews by teendian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the only sun screen I will use because it isn't sticky or greasy at all! I mix a bit in with my lotion to provide mosturization and protection from the sun. It works amazingly! I went to an amusement park and was out in the blazing sun for hours and hours. When I woke up the next day I wasn't burned or red at all. Really great product, highly recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2009 8:21:00 AM More reviews by SusieCute

I have been using the Neutrogena Soft Touch 30 for several years underneath my makeup but decided to try the 45. I much prefer the 30. It does much better underneath my makeup. When I wear the 45 it leaves my skin looking shiny (not greasy). I will finish this tube and go back to the 30.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by noname103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this as sunscreen for my neck and body. It's not as greasy as most other body sunscreens, and comes in a pretty good range of SPF levels. It's still too greasy for my face, for which I use a much more expensive product! I have normal/combo skin and found that this is non irritating, does a good job of protecting me from the sun, doesn't have a strong scent, and lasts for a long time. Price is good too.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2009 1:02:00 PM More reviews by tthurmond

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

UPDATE (7/14/09): I am convinced that my Retin-A using skin was not being protected from the sun while using this sunblock! For the past couple of months, a few brown spots (from acne) on my cheeks and nose would not go away despite the fact that I was using a prescription spot bleacher, and was using this sunblock religiously. Weirdly, in the past, my brown spots would go away within a few days after applying a prescription bleaching cream, but lately they had persisted!

I am now using Shiseido Ultimate Protection Lotion 55+ and within a couple of days my brown spots started to fade. I STRONGLY SUGGEST USERS OF PRESCRIPTION FACE PRODUCTS LIKE RETIN-A TO MOVE ON TO A STRONGER SUNBLOCK AND/OR ONE WITH PHYSICAL SUNSCREEN, I.E., ZINC OXIDE AND TITANIUM OXIDE.

------------------previous review-----------------
I am a cool beige color in winter and a warm tan color in Summer; I have oily/combo skin; adult hormonal acne (usually connected to menstrual cycle) .

I've been using this for several years and have had good results - not oily feeling, although i do have to pat my face a few times per day. However, because I use Retin-A, get glycolic peels, and am constantly doing other things to fight my hormonal acne and acne scars, and because I'm finding the morning routine is beginning to take too long: wash (pro activ), tone (pro activ), moisturize (Derma E Hyaluronic Mositurizing Serum), sunblock (Neutrogena Dry Touch 45), primer (Tarte Clean Slate), foundation (MAC Studio Fix), I'm on the search for a sunblock that can work as a primer too.

After reading about Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection two days ago, I realized that I had a sample of it last year and really liked it so much that i saved the container. Well, I located the bottle and found it was the Cream and I used it in late May or early June in Dallas (note, however, the weather was unusually rainy and cool in June 2008, so i'm not sure if i should get the Lotion or the Cream for this summer).

I plan to get the Shiseido product for my face and neck and continue using the Neutrogena for arms and body. And on days that I do a prolonged outdoor acitivity, I usually wear the 55 or 75 of Netrogena Dry Touch. (I recently bought the Dry Touch SPF 85, so i'll be trying that out soon too. For outdoor activity, I will either use the neutrogena 85 or the Shiseido 55 PA +++ on my face and still use the 55 or 75 for body).

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2009 10:25:00 PM More reviews by miyabi0619

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I cannot feel the dry/matte finish that many other people love about this product when I apply it on my face. It's just too greasy for me. But I think it makes a good body sunscreen, it's not too dry and doesn't have that shiny/oily finish like those sunscreen sprays from Neutrogena. I'd purchase this product again only as a body sunscreen.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2009 4:59:00 AM More reviews by Madera

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

No way this stuff migrates into eyes and stings for hours..the emergency eyewash from Cvs from Meyers kinda helped, but I almost went to ER.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2009 9:02:00 AM More reviews by kams64

I've been using this as my facial moisturizer/sunscreen for about 2 or 3 weeks now. I'm very happy with it. My skin is not particularly dry or sensitive. This goes on light and sinks in quickly, dries down to a matte finish. I've noticed a big improvement over how long my makeup stays nice. I don't have to blot or powder as soon as with other moisturizers. I like the high spf and the fact that it doesn't leave a white cast. I don't think it's expensive considering you get 3 oz for less than $8 (at Walmart) when some facial moisturizers or sunscreens cost many times that. I did notice the spf 30 and 45 versions don't have the word "helioplex" on them anymore...that's my only worry....that it's not as stable as the 55 and up versions. But I'll buy again. Would definitely recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2009 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Delai

It does what it says as far as non-greasy and water-proof. As for lightweight and fresh scent, I disagree. Right before I put on my make-up, it does feel a bit heavy but not overly. I wouldn't exactly call the smell of your average sunblock as "fresh scent". It's not overbearing but I just don't particularly enjoy such smell on my face. I got pretty sun burnt on my forehead last week but after using this, it hasn't got any darker, so the SPF works well, but the other details, I'm not crazy about.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2009 4:09:00 PM More reviews by twinmommy44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros- did not get oily even at the pool for two hours.
Cons- migrated into eyes and stings
Biggest con I got the #70, was at the pool for two hours and got color on my face and chest. I am not a happy camper as I am proud to be a porcelain lady. Lastly, it stings my skin which is not particulary sensitive. So my search goes on for the perfect sunscreen for poolside days.