Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF45

3.6

Active Ingredients: Avobenzene 3%, Homosalate 10%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 2.8%, Oxybenzone 6% Inactive Ingredients: water, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Diethylhexyl 2,6-Napthalate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Trideceth-6, Behenyl Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Fragrance (1220-046)

on 10/26/2009 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This stuff sucks. Even after letting it dry for 10 minutes (and it never really felt dry...just sticky and weird) it managed to leave white marks all over my clothes. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone. Please don't waste your money.

EDIT: Well, this exploded in my car and made the plastic interior bubble up. I officially hate this stuff.

on 10/22/2009 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used this in SPF 30 for years (in nasty Florida humidity) and it worked great. The 45, however, leaves me shiny even in dryer climates. Switched to Eucerin.

on 10/18/2009 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I own a lot of expensive (ie: Shiseido & Clinique) and none seems to work well as this one! I LOVE THIS! It doesn't feel heavy and feels as if I have nothing at all. I have very oily skin and I usually apply this underneath my foundation and it doesn't seem to alter anything.

My favorite sunblock, period!

on 8/27/2009 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

Dry Touch? Hah! What a LIE!!

I just bought it on a trip to Florida because I could not find my favorite Neutrogena Active Breathable sunblock anywhere. I applied it on arms, legs, face, and neck before going for a morning walk. It never dried. I felt not just greasy, but like I was covered in plasric wrap. This stuff is mis-named, overpriced, and a total waste.

on 8/15/2009 2:14:00 AM

This is the only sun screen I will use because it isn't sticky or greasy at all! I mix a bit in with my lotion to provide mosturization and protection from the sun. It works amazingly! I went to an amusement park and was out in the blazing sun for hours and hours. When I woke up the next day I wasn't burned or red at all. Really great product, highly recommend.

on 8/13/2009 8:21:00 AM

I have been using the Neutrogena Soft Touch 30 for several years underneath my makeup but decided to try the 45. I much prefer the 30. It does much better underneath my makeup. When I wear the 45 it leaves my skin looking shiny (not greasy). I will finish this tube and go back to the 30.

on 7/29/2009 8:45:00 PM

I use this as sunscreen for my neck and body. It's not as greasy as most other body sunscreens, and comes in a pretty good range of SPF levels. It's still too greasy for my face, for which I use a much more expensive product! I have normal/combo skin and found that this is non irritating, does a good job of protecting me from the sun, doesn't have a strong scent, and lasts for a long time. Price is good too.

on 6/30/2009 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

UPDATE (7/14/09): I am convinced that my Retin-A using skin was not being protected from the sun while using this sunblock! For the past couple of months, a few brown spots (from acne) on my cheeks and nose would not go away despite the fact that I was using a prescription spot bleacher, and was using this sunblock religiously. Weirdly, in the past, my brown spots would go away within a few days after applying a prescription bleaching cream, but lately they had persisted!

I am now using Shiseido Ultimate Protection Lotion 55+ and within a couple of days my brown spots started to fade. I STRONGLY SUGGEST USERS OF PRESCRIPTION FACE PRODUCTS LIKE RETIN-A TO MOVE ON TO A STRONGER SUNBLOCK AND/OR ONE WITH PHYSICAL SUNSCREEN, I.E., ZINC OXIDE AND TITANIUM OXIDE.

------------------previous review-----------------
I am a cool beige color in winter and a warm tan color in Summer; I have oily/combo skin; adult hormonal acne (usually connected to menstrual cycle) .

I've been using this for several years and have had good results - not oily feeling, although i do have to pat my face a few times per day. However, because I use Retin-A, get glycolic peels, and am constantly doing other things to fight my hormonal acne and acne scars, and because I'm finding the morning routine is beginning to take too long: wash (pro activ), tone (pro activ), moisturize (Derma E Hyaluronic Mositurizing Serum), sunblock (Neutrogena Dry Touch 45), primer (Tarte Clean Slate), foundation (MAC Studio Fix), I'm on the search for a sunblock that can work as a primer too.

After reading about Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection two days ago, I realized that I had a sample of it last year and really liked it so much that i saved the container. Well, I located the bottle and found it was the Cream and I used it in late May or early June in Dallas (note, however, the weather was unusually rainy and cool in June 2008, so i'm not sure if i should get the Lotion or the Cream for this summer).

I plan to get the Shiseido product for my face and neck and continue using the Neutrogena for arms and body. And on days that I do a prolonged outdoor acitivity, I usually wear the 55 or 75 of Netrogena Dry Touch. (I recently bought the Dry Touch SPF 85, so i'll be trying that out soon too. For outdoor activity, I will either use the neutrogena 85 or the Shiseido 55 PA +++ on my face and still use the 55 or 75 for body).

on 6/28/2009 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I cannot feel the dry/matte finish that many other people love about this product when I apply it on my face. It's just too greasy for me. But I think it makes a good body sunscreen, it's not too dry and doesn't have that shiny/oily finish like those sunscreen sprays from Neutrogena. I'd purchase this product again only as a body sunscreen.

on 6/4/2009 4:59:00 AM

No way this stuff migrates into eyes and stings for hours..the emergency eyewash from Cvs from Meyers kinda helped, but I almost went to ER.