The Body Shop Mango Body Butter

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Mango Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Cocoa Butter, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lanolin Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Citral, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Citronellol, Annatto

on 5/24/2011 11:28:00 PM

I LOVE this stuff!! I ordered it online because it was mango scented (which did not disappoint! smells like heaven!), not realizing it was for very dry skin. My skin is quite normal with the occasional dry spot here and there. I use this all over my body every night after a shower and before bed and I wake up with my skin feeling SO soft and smoothe! Also, I have had keratosis pilaris on my arms for years and could never find anything to make it clear up. After using this body butter for a week, it is almost completely gone! For sure will repurchase again and again! Definitely worth the price!!

on 5/8/2011 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Love the fruity frangrance, it's not too strongly scented unlike some Body Shop body butters, and it's very moisturizing. If you want a fairly heavy moisturizer, this will work for you, but stay away if you don't like to feel the oil on your skin after you've applied it. I bought this again because I used to use it in the early nineties, when mango body butter was the only scent The Body Shop carried. The product is different, creamier and opaque where it used to be a translucent semi-solid oil, but the scent is exactly the same. Fantastic for very dry skin, or cold, dry winters.

on 5/3/2011 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I added this as a sample in my order from Sephora and I have to say; I love it.

Not only does it smell delicious and like fresh mangoes; but it's extremely moisturizing without that "thick" and "greasy" feeling.

It feels light weight on the skin and it a great moisturizer for extra dry spots.

I will buy this once I run out of the sample. So good!

on 4/8/2011 2:23:00 PM

I adore this thick, luxurious body butter. Mango is a favorite scent and this one definitely lasts throughout the day. Wonderful hydration. I only wish they hadn't discontinued their Papaya butter, my first choice.

on 3/14/2011 5:50:00 PM

Like all body butters from The Body Shop, I love them all! Mango smells great and makes my skin so much smoother. There's absolutely nothing bad about body butters from TBS, but depends what flavour you like =]

on 3/2/2011 3:37:00 AM

I got this as a gift. The thing i loved most about it was the smell. I love love love the smell!!! This hand cream is a bit on the heavier side and it is a bit greasy. I only use it at night because i cant do much with this stuff on my hands. I think it does a good job at moisturizing and making my hands feel soft int he morning.

on 3/2/2011 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this in a gift set from a friend. It smells delish! Just like all the other body butters from the body shop. It makes my skin feel super soft and you only need a small blob to cover a large area, as it's very creamy and rich. Too much and you can expect your skin to feel greasy. As with most body butters, it doesn't exactly 'absorb' into the skin. Sits more like a thin layer over your skin to keep moisture in, so I tend to use this mostly during the night after a shower and wake up to soft smooth skin. Probably won't repurchase this particular scent as it's not my fav, but will buy another scent from the same line as they are great for dry elbows, feet and legs.

on 1/17/2011 8:55:00 AM

I bought this on sale, so I need to buy one because it is very expensive here. I am deciding what to get since it is my first time to buy The Body Shop Body Butter. Between Strawberry and Mango, I chose Mango because of its mild scent, it smells like sweet ripe mango with all purpose cream, VERY DELICIOUS!. The strawberry one is best friend's favorite because of its flirtatious scent. LOL The satsuma one, the scent reminds me of bathroom deodorizer. The Olive smells nice also but I am not attracted to the color of the container.
The Mango body butter, I only apply it at night when I am about to sleep because it took a long time for my skin to absorb it, its GREASY. but in the morning it is already absorbed by the skin or my BLANKET. LOL It helps with the dryness of my skin.
I will buy this again but not the full size, I prefer the mini for the mango because I really love the mango scent but I dont like greasiness.

on 1/15/2011 2:23:00 PM

As stated in other reviews, you really have to have dry skin for this moisturizer to be comfortable. My legs get so dry in the winter that they crack and bleed - I actually got a bloody rub from the top of my sock the other day rubbing against my leg, that's how dry my legs get! This stuff is an absolute godsend to my legs. It doesn't quite sink in all of the way, and that very light layer that stays on the surface of my skin protects it from harsh wind and the constant dry environment in my house (even with humidifiers). I can't use it all over because that filminess is amplified on less dry parts of my body (my hands, for instance), but for my legs, this is really the best lotion I've tried.

on 1/5/2011 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this cause I love anything mango and didn't realize this is for dry to very dry skin. I have normal to dry skin. This body butter feels so oily on me. I tried to use it on my feet with socks overnight...but it would still feel oily. As much as I love mango...I can't use this.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products