MAC Satin - Brun

4.5

on 5/18/2009 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've been using Brun for my brows when my hair is dark & I love it. Right now I'm a red head & even though I used this when my hair was black, my brows still look pretty good considering the hair-colour change. I also like to use this for a 'smokey neutral' look, or as a liner.

on 3/22/2009 1:15:00 PM

:) good for liner..as crease color..lid..eyebrows..:D and if u pack a little mythology on top its gooooorgeous!!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

the last SA i had suggested mystery but i found it too dark...so another one suggested brun...although its a bit better/lighter than mystery....i still find it a bit too garish for my brows...i have dark brown hair with blonde chunky highlights....MMM w/ yellow undertones, C4/C40 skin.......nc44 on studio sculpt....i think i'll stick to walnut/ivore....or even browning/porcelain..

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Ok yes I'm asian but I feel like Coquette is a much more neutral and better matching shade on my brows than brun, which makes me look like I have BROWN eyebrows when I have BLACK hair... that's a little weird. Not to mention the fact that it has somewhat reddish undertones in certain lights. But otherwise this is a very functional eye shadow that I enjoy using for shading and adding depth to my eyes.

EDIT: one more thing for everyone who uses it as a brow color... you do know that this is a satin finish ES, right?? meaning it has shimmers. no wonder why I kept looking at my brows funny thinking that the skin at the roots of my brow hairs had never had a problem looking greasy before till I tried brun!!

on 3/4/2009 12:28:00 AM

I'm Asian and this is the perfect brown for my brows. Since my hair is jet black, it helps to warm up my face. Check out my photo. I've been using this product for 7 or 8 years and I think I'm on my third pot. The only negative is that, by the end of the work day, it has worn off a bit. I don't recommend using this as a liner, because I find it smudges and transfers to my lower lid.

on 2/24/2009 4:54:00 PM

A really good solid brown that's not too warm. I'm asian and have black hair and this goes well for my eyebrows. I use it a lot as my outer V corner shadow and its just right.

on 2/23/2009 12:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

THE PERFECT FILLER FOR DK BROWN-BLACK ASHY ASIAN EYEBROWS! I would have never thought to buy this product on my own. It looks like a dull taupey-grey brown in the pan but this color matched my brows dead on. Espresso was too brown for my soft ashy black brows, Embark was too red, and Cork was too light. I use a 266 to fill in my brows and brun just works perfectly for that. It's also great as a crease color for a dark brown smokey eye!

EDIT 1/20/14: Now that my hair is a medium warm brown, I use Charcoal Brown! Still love Brun when my hair is black, Showstopper when it's dark brown, and now Charcoal Brown when it's lighter.

on 1/23/2009 6:06:00 PM

I really like this eyeshadow for the outer v. One of my favorite browns.

on 1/19/2009 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

THE BEST EYEBROW COLOR EVER! I'm NC 25, Chinese, with dark hair and eyes, and this is the most natural eyebrow fill-in color there is! I used to be so scared even filling in my sparse brows with other colors because it always looked off or fake. This color blends in well and with light strokes you can blend it in more! It is fantastic! Way to go MAC!

on 1/3/2009 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i use this for my brows and it works great. could probably use revlon brow finisher instead though.