July 23, 2014 | 2032 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Brun

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2009 10:34:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

the last SA i had suggested mystery but i found it too dark...so another one suggested brun...although its a bit better/lighter than mystery....i still find it a bit too garish for my brows...i have dark brown hair with blonde chunky highlights....MMM w/ yellow undertones, C4/C40 skin.......nc44 on studio sculpt....i think i'll stick to walnut/ivore....or even browning/porcelain..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2009 8:39:00 PM More reviews by bombasticclassic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok yes I'm asian but I feel like Coquette is a much more neutral and better matching shade on my brows than brun, which makes me look like I have BROWN eyebrows when I have BLACK hair... that's a little weird. Not to mention the fact that it has somewhat reddish undertones in certain lights. But otherwise this is a very functional eye shadow that I enjoy using for shading and adding depth to my eyes.

EDIT: one more thing for everyone who uses it as a brow color... you do know that this is a satin finish ES, right?? meaning it has shimmers. no wonder why I kept looking at my brows funny thinking that the skin at the roots of my brow hairs had never had a problem looking greasy before till I tried brun!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2009 12:28:00 AM More reviews by lorrilin

I'm Asian and this is the perfect brown for my brows. Since my hair is jet black, it helps to warm up my face. Check out my photo. I've been using this product for 7 or 8 years and I think I'm on my third pot. The only negative is that, by the end of the work day, it has worn off a bit. I don't recommend using this as a liner, because I find it smudges and transfers to my lower lid.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 4:54:00 PM More reviews by racheroonie

A really good solid brown that's not too warm. I'm asian and have black hair and this goes well for my eyebrows. I use it a lot as my outer V corner shadow and its just right.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2009 12:29:00 PM More reviews by pianadark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

THE PERFECT FILLER FOR DK BROWN-BLACK ASHY ASIAN EYEBROWS! I would have never thought to buy this product on my own. It looks like a dull taupey-grey brown in the pan but this color matched my brows dead on. Espresso was too brown for my soft ashy black brows, Embark was too red, and Cork was too light. I use a 266 to fill in my brows and brun just works perfectly for that. It's also great as a crease color for a dark brown smokey eye!

EDIT 1/20/14: Now that my hair is a medium warm brown, I use Charcoal Brown! Still love Brun when my hair is black, Showstopper when it's dark brown, and now Charcoal Brown when it's lighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2009 6:06:00 PM More reviews by jackieloveee

I really like this eyeshadow for the outer v. One of my favorite browns.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2009 6:37:00 PM More reviews by DrMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

THE BEST EYEBROW COLOR EVER! I'm NC 25, Chinese, with dark hair and eyes, and this is the most natural eyebrow fill-in color there is! I used to be so scared even filling in my sparse brows with other colors because it always looked off or fake. This color blends in well and with light strokes you can blend it in more! It is fantastic! Way to go MAC!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 2:41:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

i use this for my brows and it works great. could probably use revlon brow finisher instead though.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2008 2:42:00 PM More reviews by sfsuperstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

this shadow is hard to blend at first and i didn't really like it. it is definatley chalky. i use it mostly for a liner or in the crease but use a very thin liner brush to put it on, not my usual eye shadow blending brush. it is a nice dark brown you just have to get used to the consistency..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2008 11:39:00 PM More reviews by tracy1031

best eyebrow powder for me. doesn't look fake or unnatural at all, it enhances my eyebrows without seeming like I did anything to them at all. I have thicker eyebrows to begin with, so i don't use too much and it makes them perfect. I am asian with lighter skin, and dark brown hair. the price is great, cheaper than anastascia brow powder duo and it looks so much better on me. the only other powder that is up to par as far as color goes, is laura mercier but this is still much more convenient. love it!