October 25, 2014 | 1148 users online

Liquid - MAC - Select SPF 15 Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by louloubarbie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the worst foundations I have ever tried. It's nothing more than a tinted moisturizer. It turned splotchy on me after 3 hours and no amount of powder could help even me out or hide it.

It also has an unreliable suncreen, horrible plastic smell, and why is the foundation pump sold separately? It should be complimentary.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Tommy546

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation is a must for anyone with dry skin!!

it is good for a meduim/full coverage and works well with powder foundations also.

I seem to find with all MAC foundations that it usually starts to look better after a couple minutes in terms of blending.
I would say it is good with building but too much may start to get a little cakeish... haha

leaves a satin appearance to the skin and lasts for ages!!!

I will more than likely get this again when I run out!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by UHMANDUH9

I am surprised at all of the ( on & off ) reviews of this product. I am an NC 40 color, and i have combination skin. Dry areas in the winter & normal / oily during the summer.

LIKE: very light-weight on the skin, easy to blend, has spf (no grease feeling) gives a natural finish

DISLIKE: does not like very long & does not come with a pump >_>'

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by elovejoy25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So for Christmas my brother got my a Macy's giftcard because I wanted to get myself a MAC foundation. I usually use Hard Candy tinted moisturizer in Light or Revlon Photoready in Shell if I want more coverage. I had originally planned on getting Face and Body because I prefer light coverage that is buildable. They weren't selling Face and Body at the stand and the sales girl said I probably wouldn't like F&B that much anyway. She said for light coverage she recommended Select Foundation with SPF. I also had never been matched for MAC and I am a perfect match for NW20 so I purchased it as well as the pump and the total came to around $32 or so (can't recall). For the first couple days I was really underwhelmed. I was going to return it but my mom and aunt told me it looked good. It wasn't until I did it and didn't focus on it as much that I realized it actually looked creamy and lovely. I'm not going to return it but the jury is out if I'm going to repurchase. If you like thick coverage then this isn't for you. I don't have perfect skin but I still don't like to look like I'm wearing a mask and with concealer and powder foundation used to set it, it looks damn near flawness and natural. The color match is just fantastic. I have been recovering from surgery so I haven't been wearing makeup for long everyday (though I have put it on for fun) and I don't know for sure if it will continue but no breakouts so far on my very acne-proned skin.

My overall assessment? Seeing as I didn't pay for it myself I like it enough, time will tell if I like it enough to actually fork over the $$.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by aresbabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked this foundation. I have combo skin with my forehead and nose usually building up the most shine and for me, this foundation works! Its light and does not enhance the inevitable fine lines around my eyes. I have stayed away from MAC and used Bare Minerals, NARS sheer foundation, and others and I really like this one the best!! I apply with a brush and use primer before then set with either mineral veil (BM) or MACs skin finish natural. I bought NC30 and it is a great match. BM medium beige and NARS Sante fe for reference. I recommend this! try a sample.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by mackiesmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This used to be my everyday go to work foundation - it's just ok. It's not bad, it's just...ok. Pretty sheer coverage which is all I need. Color match is great - I'm an NC37. I have super dry skin and wanted a thicker, creamy foundation - so I switched. But it was doing it's job, no issues. I used with a paddle foundation brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Emmi87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Things I like:
1. Matches my skin magically. A touch too yellow but I'm happy there's even yellow in it! Most foundations are too beigey pink for me. The only other foundation I'd consider is MUFE High Def foundation but it's totally out of my price range. I mean $46 for foundation? Really?
2. Easy to blend with light to medium coverage. It's not too liquidy and when applied in light layers it can be built up without caking.
3. Doesn't irritate my skin at all and great that it has spf 15.
Things I don't like:
1. No pump. It's very dumb to have to buy one seperately but that's what MAC does. Apparently they don't have enough money so they make us buy pumps seperately. Goodness.
2. Its too expensive for the amount given. I use this everyday and I can't afford buying $30 foundation every three months. That's $120 a year! If I didn't have acne scars and uneven skin tone I wouldn't be using it every day.
Overall good product, just not worth the price tag. I'm sure there's really good foundation that lasts a reasonable amount of time for the same or lesser price than MAC. I'm still going to try their mineralize foundations..

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2010 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Ix3Chewie

This product can either be light to medium supposedly that's what the Mac girl said, but I find that you can actually make it heavy. I prefer a light to medium coverage because I don't like my face to feel heavy and have a cakey feeling to my face. This product actually isn't too bad since I've heard a lot of bad things about Mac. This is actually my first foundation product that I've ever tried from Mac. The color is actually nice and very blend able when you use a brush. At first I was very hesitant about this product 'cause of all the bad reviews but it's actually not bad at all. When I was at the Mac counter I took one pump and tried to blend the foundation with my hands but it felt very thick but when I went home and tried it at home it actually isn't too bad. I'm a Nc30 and it matches my skin perfectly. A little amount is all you need and you just need to dot it on your face and then blend it with a brush. It gives you a nice matte dewy finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by lanih2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Very mixed reviews on here, but I really like it! I've been wearing it for about a week now, I got it in a swap and it seems to be working well. I hardly ever break out unless I try a new product, and it's very minimal. I started to get a zit from this...but it went away quickly. My skin just has to ajust. I have normal to dry skin, I sometimes see a few flakes with this, but I just put on a drop of moisterizer before and I'm good. I can see how this may not work for those with oily skin. It has light to medium coverage, and that is what I was after. I would buy again if I were to run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2010 11:42:00 PM More reviews by sarabear95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this foundation. It has decent coverage and a nice finish. I don't have sensitive or oily skin and I'm not prone to breakouts so there's nothing to comment about that. I like how there is an SPF and my odd scent sense I find it smells like gingerbread before it is baked-odd I know, but you'll get used to it :D