Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Enhancer

4.1

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Polybutene, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Polyethylene, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Calcium Carbonate, Dextrin Palmitate, Honey, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Butylene Glycol, Cholesterol, Lecithin, Talc, Triethylhexanoin, Methylparaben, Fragrance (parfum), May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 8/22/2011 8:49:00 PM

I'm never . Ever . Never without a concealer . I have been through becca, Mac, prescriptive, touché éclat, blah blah blah .. This is a holy grail of a concealer . Doesn't break me out . Lightens my undereye shadows, the dark purple-ish area around the nose and under my chin, covers a few zits . the best part is the transparency as praised in others' reviews, I.e., your skin, but sensually and beautifully enhanced . Very light hands and little product is required .

on 5/21/2011 8:45:00 PM

What a waste of money -_-

I was excited to get this because of the reviews on makeupalley but honestly, this is way too drying and its SUPER pigmented. Therefore its too pigmented that it looks yellowish green which i don't like. Also, its super expensive. i mean kevyn aucoin you were an awesome person but this product is a no no.

PROS:
-Cute pot

CONS:
-Not enough coverage
-Drying
-color is too yellowish green

Will not repurchase and will not recommend

on 5/1/2011 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I love this! Im a NC50 for reference and I use SX13 as a concealer for my under eye area, SX14 mixed with Mac's F&B mixing medium, and SX15 as a contour. Its so creamy, coverage is great, and it blends like a dream! Great stuff!

on 3/7/2011 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is amazing at covering my eye circles, it's the only concealer that I have ever owned to cover them. I like to mix it with moisturizer before applying to any acne. If I am having a really bad skin day, I often mix a little into my liquid, medium coverage foundation to give the coverage a boost. For what I paid, I think it's well worth it. I've had the pot for almost two years and have just made a dent into it. I don't like the pot, as I don't like sticking my fingers into it; or any pot for that matter. I typically use a small spatula or stick to get some out and then work with it from there. This is by far my favorite concealer.

on 2/4/2011 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really hate this. Definitely the worst product I have ever used. Don't buy it without trying. I guess it only works with extremely perfect skin.It exaggerates all possible problems of your skin. I have slightly dry skin and I used it over rich moistrizer, primer etc. and nothing worked.

on 12/1/2010 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I guess the saying is true - there is always a clam after a storm. I was so disappointed and in a panic after Prescriptives went out of business as many of my favorite products were gone including my beloved flawless skin concealer. After having read many good reviews about this item, I decided to give it a try. The only place in Europe where I could find this was online in Ireland and it was not cheap (45 Euro) but I had to have it.

This is one of the best concealing product I have ever had the pleasure of using. When I do not feel like applying foundation to my entire face when running around the neighborhood just doing shipping etc, I apply this liberally on areas needing concealing and it always looks great. I never go outside without full foundation but I can get away with only this. The products conceals my acne scares, moles, hyper-pigmentation etc with no buildup. I apply with my fingers, only a tiny amount is necessary and the finish is always flawless.

VERY IMPORTANT - The Sensual Skin Enhancer should be applied in extremely small quantities using a tap and roll method with the fingers. It is easy to overdose on this so do spend a bit of time getting to know the dosage amount in the beginning. If you apply the same amount as with other concealers, you will have problems with blending or excess product on the skin causing you to think that this is a bad product. I have been using the same little jar every day now since over 6 months and I can barely see a dent in the pot.

I am a MAC NC45 and I use the color SX13. This product is an item which will enhance any make up collection. I have not come across a product with the same consistency or ability to multi task like this one. I highly recommend it and especially to women of color as a result of our problems with hyper-pigmentation. I need to add that I do suffer from acne breakouts and this product has not caused any breakouts or irritation.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have always had quite dark undereyes, they are genetic in my family so nothing I can do about them really apart from trying to cover them with make up. I have to say that concealers are my priority and I have tried almost every single one in the market, MAC, Benefit, YSL... you name it. And this one is just THE BEST. With just a little bit you can work on both eyes, a little goes a loooong way. It's a bit expensive, OK, but the thing is, taking into account how much you need each time and the quantity you get, this could easily last years. And it is the only concealer that covers my undereyes so well, and it doesn't crease like others do. Best product I have bought in a long time.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this, but it's a shame about the price. I won't buy this again, or at least not for a long time because I'm assuming the tiny pot is going to last me forever because I only need to use a tiny bit of it to cover imperfections, and I only use this for nights out or important events, etc.

If this concealer was cheaper, I would make it my everyday concealer, but because of the price I'll only use it for special events, etc. But overall, I think it covers really well and it's probably everything anyone could want in a concealer in terms of coverage, but some people would probably be put off because it contains mineral oil.

on 8/9/2010 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This covers up like nobody's business and looks very nice. But I remembered why I didn't get it years ago (other than the price) the Mineral Oil in it :( If it didn't have that this would be the bestest concealer EVER. So richly pigmented and the tiny pot will last forever. If you don't break out or mineral oil doesn't affect you, go get it!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this concealer!!!! It is the best concealer that I have ever found!! My Make Up For Ever full cover concealer comes 2nd to this.It covers up my acne and acne scars beautifully and naturally! I apply it with a concealer brush and it is the best thing ever. It has finally ended my search for an HG concealer. The only downfall is the PRICE! It is about $55 which is a whole lot of money for a broke college student like me to pay. The jar it comes in, though, is huge and you only need the tiniest bit so it will last forever. I had a sample that lasted me a long time and due to the price, I have not bought a full jar. Maybe I should ask for one for my birthday.....

Top Rated Kevyn Aucoin Products