July 29, 2014 | 1835 users online

Concealers - Kevyn Aucoin - The Sensual Skin Enhancer

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 10:44:00 PM More reviews by JENJ5001

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought the color SX02 to use as an under eye concealer on my light skin. I have fairly dark circles.
You must take a tinny amount of this and mix it with your facial moisturizer. I used First aid Beauty ultra repair cream. 2/3 moisturizer to 1/3 SSE. This amazingly covered my dark circles better than anything I have ever tried. I could stay up all night long and this would cover the evidence! SSE is very potent and thick and has to be mixed just right and blended with a foundation brush to get the perfect effect.But done right...I'm talking flawless. So that being said this is not something that you slap on everyday and go. If you do not have lots of time to do your makeup..this is not for you. My husband is always rushing me to get out the door so alas I need something I can put on quickly. If you know of something that is maybe in stick form but works this well...Please let me know...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by merk7th

I always end up going back using this product. love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by sardis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Dermablend in a designer dress (i love me some dermablend)

This stuff hangs in there when nothing else will and without discernable degradation.

that KA is gone is just wrong

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2009 12:21:00 AM More reviews by annxiong

Very pigmented and creamy. SX05 matches fair Asian skin well. As a concealer: good but settle into fine lines under the eyes. As a foundation: need to mix it with a moisturizer. There is no way someone can wear this alone, unless they need really, really super full coverage (like stage makeup). It will probably take a lifetime to finish this tiny pot.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2009 1:20:00 PM More reviews by hootie2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the coverage and versatility of this but its too emollient for me. I am super oily.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2009 1:54:00 PM More reviews by adele37

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So this is really expensive, but after hearing such good things about it, I bought it during the Sephora FF sale. The good news is that the SX-02 is an exact match for my skin (I'm slightly lighter than an NW15). The bad news is that this is extremely pigmented. That seems to be what everyone liked about it, but to me, it looked masklike. And even though I used a tiny, tiny amount because a little really does go a long way- it still looked like a mask. Also, it emphasized any hint of dry skin. Maybe not such a good pick for the winter. It didn't cover any acne marks very well, either; it just blurred them.
However- as an undereye concealer, this is the best one I have ever found. It is AMAZING. Probably nothing will ever completely cover my dark circles, but this comes really close. I would never buy it again because it will probably last forever.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2009 11:13:00 AM More reviews by mhonarkar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

this is the best concealer out there. i am a concealer junkie and i was always looking for the next best concealer until i came across this 6 months ago. I have no need to even try another concealer. this is an amazing product. it gives flawless coverage and all you need is a small dab and it blends will but i use it with a foundation brush becaue it is thick but the good thing is it does not crease. the only other concealer that i was this please with is clea pu but this is better and cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2009 8:20:00 PM More reviews by leener

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Initially, when I saw the amount I felt sick. "I spent $45.00 on how much product?" And then, I tried it. The amount I used the first time literally covered my entire face and then some; oooooops. Next time, I used pin point amounts around the eyes, redness to cheeks and visible pores. After a few days of practice, this became one of my favorite products. I have found that I can blend it easily with my fingertips or a concealer brush. In addition, for use as a foundation I found that a plain old tap H20 mix works for me. I place a few pin point amounts on my face and run my hands under water; blend until flawless. Lotions/moisturizers work too yet my skin tends to be on the oily side. I purchased SX #02; I typically wear neutral Ivory colors; I have strong pink undertones and attempt to diminish this. In MAC, I use NC 20 or 25. I have just ordered # 5 as it appears to be more neutral vs. pink. I can honestly say, 1 pot will probably last @ least a year. I will buy this as long as it is available:)

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 7:25:00 AM More reviews by RHanson

This is one of my HG's (along with MUFE F&B). This product is so versatile and so creamy and I can't stress enough how great it is.

As a concealer:

Great of under-eye circles
HG for red marks
Really good for the nose and mouth area

As a foundation:

First things first, you can use this by itself, however it is very dense and might look cakey if you are not well moisturized. I take the back of a blank CD and take about a grain and a half of rice worth of this foundation. I then mix it with Bobbi Brown Oil-Control Lotion (which isn't great for oil-control but is good for making a foundation more sheer). I would say it is a 4:1 lotion to foundation ratio. I have applied with my fingers, a wedge, a foundation brush, and a beauty blender, and each time it looks great. It looks just like skin with a natural matte to it and just a hint of youthful dewiness.

Colors:

I use SX05 which is a beigy-yellow tone which matches with my skin just about dead-on. (NC 25-30/ Bobbi in beige for reference) I know from experience that SX04 is very very yelllow, and that SX07 is appropriate for most light skin tones.

Wearing/Staying:

Stays all day long, rarely do I have to touch-up. Still looks natural after six hours.

All in all: get this now!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 6:20:00 PM More reviews by elfelettem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This really does enhance my skin. Gives a very good coverage as a foundation as it evens out my skintone and disguises blemishes. I also use this more in line of concealer sometimes and concentrate on my dark circles and around my nose and etc.

I found this product hard to work with at first, it felt cakey and tended to accentuate my pores, I think I was using wrong application and also using too much product. Additionally not being used to having to use a primer I didn't really see how essential primer was.

I bought this with the primer but it was quite expensive and a tiny quantity, so now i'm using Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch and it works just as well IMO.

I do one section of my face at a time to make sure that the primer is still a bit slippery and hasn't settled completely. This works better for me YMMV. I apply a tiny amount either with my fingers or a brush, work that into all the areas that it needs to go and then finish by using a brush (or damp sponge) to buff this in. In this way it really does look natural (but so much better!)