Urban Decay X

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Like the previous reviewer(s), I think this is a good purchase for brown-eyed girls....a sexy highlighter to wear with your deeper shades. Very eye-catching. It says more 'summer' to me, but I'll probably wear it through winter anyway.

on 8/4/2005 2:32:00 PM

Urban Decay describes X as ‘duotone gold with a sheer rose tint’. Doesn't that sound loverly! X might just provide the goddess lids of my dreams I thought. It made a nice highlighter but I expected more versatility from X. I previously thought this e/s didn't work for me but I've since been repeatedly complimented by DH when I wear this on its lonesome with tons of black mascara. I'm now thankful that I held on to a small bit of X in a palette as it really brightens the eye. MAC Say Yeah is very similar (sadly, limited edition). I did one eye in X and one in Say Yeah and I found Say Yeah to be peachier and a tad bit more wearable and less gold than UD X. My skintone is NC25 leaning neutral, and I have brown hair and dark brown eyes.

on 7/25/2005 10:56:00 PM

I love this color. It's a little bit coppery. Looks pretty on the lid and brow.

Sooo pretty, I think this is one of my most favorite pieces of makeup I own. As other reviewers have described, it's a pinkish gold, really pretty and shimmery. It looks great as all-over color, as a liner, or just in the corners. A look I think is kind of cute and retro 80's for evening or for a summer day out is X all over the lids and Acid Rain as a liner, blended upwards into the pink. Both share the same gold tones, so it's interesting but not garish or crazy. X has great staying power and is super easy to work with.

on 6/7/2005 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Wow! I love this eyeshadow, it's totally a superb colour. I usually use it all over my lid, and mildew at the crease, with polyester bride at the browbone and a little goddess for abit of shadow on mildew(nearer to the inner corner) and i absolutely love the look! Gets ppl noticing, even had ppl asking me what eyeshadow i'm wearing but unfortunately they don't sell it in singapore... Got my hands on this while i was trying out the UD palette in Gypsy den. Gorgeous! Fell in love with it (not at first sight though) but looks can't be judged! :) Will repurchase in full size.

on 4/25/2005 2:53:00 PM

Love it! So pretty with blue eyes! Not too much, and not to little. And the rose tint is so beautiful! A MUST HAVE for any urban decay collection! A+

on 4/18/2005 3:35:00 AM

X is a must have UD e/s. This is the one I use the most and it goes with so many other shadows, but looks particularly lovely paired with Mildew. X is a soft gold with a sheer rose tint, very shimmery and an amazingly blendable texture. It does crease a little on my oily lids, but a base takes care of that, plus it does last very well without fading. Cool toned PPP with blue-green eyes and brown hair

on 4/17/2005 10:16:00 PM

I wear this to work every day (an office environment). This goes on the entire lid, with Sketch lightly in the crease. This is a beautiful color and brightens up my face. The color is bright light apricot with a coppery rose flash. I am middle aged and can pull this color and shimmer off perfectly because it's so subtle and pretty.

on 4/12/2005 12:24:00 AM

This is potentially turning into my favorite Urban Decay Eyeshadow. It's a warm medium gold with pinkish/rosy tones. Very very pigmented, and very smooth and easy to blend. Has an amazing, soft texture. Also very shimmery, but without any glitter at all, for those who get annoyed by glitter.

Works great on my skintone, and a definite repurchase. LLL, NC20 btw. continued >>

on 3/24/2005 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i absolutely love this eyeshadow! i have single eyelids and havn't found 1 eyeshadow that didn't look creepy on me till now. the lady at sephora put it on me and now i'm addicted!a big pricey but it's all worth it. very pretty pink/gold colour.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products