MAC Matte - Wedge

4.5

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl SStearoyl Stearate, Isotearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Gycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Silica, Mica, Titamium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramearines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI19140)]

on 1/29/2011 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I thought I'd made a mistake buying Wedge, it just seemed like dull matte neutral light greyish-brown colour, not very exciting. It is now one of my most-used MAC e/s for the simple reason that it is the best colour for creating a transition between lid colour and brow highlight. Before, no matter how much I blended I felt that if I wore a strong lid colour it looked messy and unfinished in the crease. Wedge makes it so easy to create the perfect polished blend in the crease. It's very neutral, doesn't look muddy or reddish on my pale cool skin. I just use a little bit on the tip of my 217 and blend lightly around the edge of my lid colour. I use this every single time I wear e/s, as it works just as well creating subtle definition in the crease with very light e/s as it does in balancing out dark lids with light brow highlight. An essential.

on 1/24/2011 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Wedge is nice to have for using in your crease, however I don't really think it's essential. It isn't very pigmented and I find it hard to make it show up sometimes. I probably would not buy it again as I have other shadows that do the job a little better.

on 1/16/2011 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know how I went so long without this color! It is an excellent crease color, as well as for blending. This is a perfect neutral, and super blendable for a matte. Love!

on 1/16/2011 12:45:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my go-to crease color. It is a soft light brown that doesn't turn red or orange on my fair, cool-toned skin. I wear it almost everyday to define my crease without being overly dramatic for daytime. I also use it with darker eyeshadow as more of a blending color. I rarely go a day without throwing some Wedge in the crease!

on 1/16/2011 12:26:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My first Mac eyeshadow. This fulfills two needs for me: a basic neutral colour that will not cause irritation after daily wear. The colour is lovely - i wear it alone though I'm sure you could be more adventurous with it. It is esaily applied and the colour is buildable. A good neutral colour and flattering to blue eyes. Stays on well. Perhaps a bit pricier that drugstore brands but I'm so pleased to finally find something that doesn't cause redness or irriatation on my eyelids.

on 12/20/2010 4:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is one of the three shadows I use almost every single day (without yet coming near hitting pan after nearly a year, I might add!!). It's great in the crease when paired with light colours or as the lid colour with a darker shade in the crease. I haven't really found anything I couldn't make it work with. I'd highly recommend picking this one up if you haven't already - I know it's one I'll always re-purchase!

on 12/13/2010 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Beautiful matte medium brown without a strong pull of being cool or warm? I thought it was a myth. Wedge satisfies all of those qualifications, including beautiful. The matte formula was one that I was hesitant about because MAC mattes tend to be harder to blend but this one wasn't, at all. It's great color, without a doubt.

on 12/13/2010 3:43:00 AM

I got this eyeshadow last week and am already so pleased with it that I'm writing a review!
It's a beautiful matte tan, almost the same colour as Soft Brown but a little more on the brown side, SB is a little warmer.
I think most people would use Wedge as a crease colour on its own and/or as a colour to blend out other colours in the crease. I don't wear a lot of eyeshadow, just enough in the crease to create depth or something along the top and bottom lash line.
This colour is perfect, it's subtle, but still looks like you're wearing eyeshadow. It's great for work, uni, BBQ's and interviews.
As I'm in Australia, the price of MAC is outrageous; I bought mine from eBay brand new for about $6 cheaper than retail. This shadow will last me a long time, but I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase.

Pros: Colour, finish/texture (matte, so not over the top)
Cons: Price

on 10/29/2010 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I LOVE this color. I have light red hair-pretty much strawberry blonde and the MAC artist used it to fill my eyebrows. Now I'm hooked!

on 10/28/2010 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I never ever thought this eyeshadow would look so good on me..its my go to crease color and its really pretty on the lid all by itself..I bought this based on the reviews here and i am so happy that i did. Looks like i will buying this again..I am NC40 fo ref,
Update************ I hit pan with this eyeshadow in record speed.

Video Reviews & Tutorials