October 1, 2014 | 974 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Wedge

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Shazzer1976

My first Mac eyeshadow. This fulfills two needs for me: a basic neutral colour that will not cause irritation after daily wear. The colour is lovely - i wear it alone though I'm sure you could be more adventurous with it. It is esaily applied and the colour is buildable. A good neutral colour and flattering to blue eyes. Stays on well. Perhaps a bit pricier that drugstore brands but I'm so pleased to finally find something that doesn't cause redness or irriatation on my eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 4:35:00 AM More reviews by emivnc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the three shadows I use almost every single day (without yet coming near hitting pan after nearly a year, I might add!!). It's great in the crease when paired with light colours or as the lid colour with a darker shade in the crease. I haven't really found anything I couldn't make it work with. I'd highly recommend picking this one up if you haven't already - I know it's one I'll always re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 5:03:00 AM More reviews by rebelprince

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful matte medium brown without a strong pull of being cool or warm? I thought it was a myth. Wedge satisfies all of those qualifications, including beautiful. The matte formula was one that I was hesitant about because MAC mattes tend to be harder to blend but this one wasn't, at all. It's great color, without a doubt.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2010 3:43:00 AM More reviews by shrimpski

I got this eyeshadow last week and am already so pleased with it that I'm writing a review!
It's a beautiful matte tan, almost the same colour as Soft Brown but a little more on the brown side, SB is a little warmer.
I think most people would use Wedge as a crease colour on its own and/or as a colour to blend out other colours in the crease. I don't wear a lot of eyeshadow, just enough in the crease to create depth or something along the top and bottom lash line.
This colour is perfect, it's subtle, but still looks like you're wearing eyeshadow. It's great for work, uni, BBQ's and interviews.
As I'm in Australia, the price of MAC is outrageous; I bought mine from eBay brand new for about $6 cheaper than retail. This shadow will last me a long time, but I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase.

Pros: Colour, finish/texture (matte, so not over the top)
Cons: Price

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Kfunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE this color. I have light red hair-pretty much strawberry blonde and the MAC artist used it to fill my eyebrows. Now I'm hooked!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 10:53:00 AM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I never ever thought this eyeshadow would look so good on me..its my go to crease color and its really pretty on the lid all by itself..I bought this based on the reviews here and i am so happy that i did. Looks like i will buying this again..I am NC40 fo ref,
Update************ I hit pan with this eyeshadow in record speed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by lillyrowan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Wedge doesn't look like much in the container, but it is a great lid and crease color. I imagine that this is a great color for a lot of different people. It is very neutral, easy to apply, and there is no fall out. While I am a big fan of many neutral drugstore eye shadows, you do not need to use a lot to get the desired effect. It is a pricey eye shadow, but there seems to be a life time supply in the container. You will probably have to toss this for hygiene reasons long before you hit pan.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2010 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Mandibulo

This is my all-time favorite crease color. When I first walked into Mac looking for a neutral, matte crease color for a bit of "invisible" definition, the MU artist suggested Soft Brown, which I then found to be too warm for me, in the sense that its peachy/orangey tones made my eyes look so tired. Wedge, however, doesn't do that - it's the same medium beige color as Soft Brown, only way cooler, which means it does define, it does stay soft and neutral, but without that sickly orange tinge to it. If anyone else who's pale has had the same issues with orange-oriented eyeshadows, I think you'll find this one to be fail-proof.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2010 8:19:00 AM More reviews by Sugarnspice28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this shadow as it is so versatile! I use this as a all over lid colour, for blending and as a base for other colours. It is a very neutral, non offensive colour for a office look or when you dont want a heavy makeup look. I pair this with Embark, Espresso and any other chocolate brown that is available.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2010 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

Okay, this is officially my HG for blending in my dark shadows. Dark shadows look good on me but there was always a whitish gap between my brow and my dark shadow. This totally blends in every thing and my eyes look great now with ANY eye shadow. I use soft ochre which could look too white on my NC 35 skin tone but this pops my eyes and shadow beautifully.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No