April 19, 2014 | 939 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Orange Essence Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by alziebaba

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this product! 100% natural ingredients, smells heavenly, doesn't make you feel tight or oily, and really gets all the greasepaint off. HG status. Has not contributed to breakouts and has reduced presence of the usual culprit, makeup residue. As for claims of smaller pores, I don't think it works that way in one use, but over time it seems to cut down the amount of stuff left in my pores, minimizing them. Will buy again and again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2010 9:58:00 AM More reviews by rara1154

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i dont think that it did much for me. I got it in the head to toe kitand when it comes out its a orange gell but if you touch it all you get is oil. it felt nice on my sikin and afterwards but i dont think it helped clear my acne. and other people said there pores shrunk. I disagree. On my forhead i have very large pores and after i used it they did not looks smaller.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 9:24:00 AM More reviews by urbandecaychick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This product is amazing. My skin really enjoys the "film" it leaves. The products foams very lightly, almost lotion-like, but still with a feeling of rubbing jam. This product is like following the oil cleansing method. I get a lot of hardened sebum on my nose and forehead. This product really loosens the gunk. Sometimes I can feel rolls of hardened sebum coming out. After I rinse, I *gently* use my towel to rub off the rest of my gunk that has been risen to due massaging the product. My pores look smaller since using this. I really would recommend to anyone whose skin gets tight no matter what they use, even castille soap, and has lots of gunk in need to be pushed out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Tycho3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My mom gave me this and I love it! If you have dry skin and hate the tight feeling after washing your face, you will love this. I have to slather on loads of cream immediately after I wash my face but with this, you feel more moisturized after. It smells great and just feels so good. It almost dissolves into your skin before you wash it off. I would imagine people with oily/acne prone skin would not like the oily feeling of this, but for dry skin it's amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 5:01:00 PM More reviews by cheyennebeverley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite cleansers. It smells exactly like oranges, and if you look on the ingredients, you could even eat it. Not that you'd want to....but you could. haha
To use it, I wash and dry my hands, and then I rub it into my skin for about a minute and I rinse off with warm water.
I like it because I have dry combo skin, and it doesn't make my face feel really tight afterwards. My face feels clean, yet not completely dried out. I'd suggest this to anyone with dry/combo skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 1:59:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Feels and smells like cleansing with jam. I find it works best if I let it sit and spend extra time massaging it over my skin. It allows the oils and fruit enzymes to really melt away any makeup and sunscreen. I remove the product with a moistened cotton pad before rinsing, otherwise I'm left with too much hydration from the oils. For combination to oily skintypes or those who like more of a squeaky clean feel, I'd recommend following up with an astringent/toner as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2010 8:54:00 AM More reviews by kiwikiwidragon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Let me start by saying I have uber sensitive skin, most products give me either contact dermatitis or some other rash type erruption that looks like tiny clear blisters under the skin in tight little formations that burst and leave scaley dry patches (nice, I know). Most moisturizers burn like fire when applied or give the above mentioned effects.
All that being said, I was using Kirks Castile Soap to wash my face at this point, but this winter, having to change my moisturizer due to it being discontinued etc, etc, the soap was now too drying for my skin, that is already uber dry. I had used this once or twice in the past, and really didn't understand it. Now I am back to it, I am quite happy with it.
I use it on a cellulose sponge at the end of the shower when all my makeup has had a chance to soften up. I apply it in a circular motion and then swipe over each eye and then under each eye, all with eyes tightly shut! Then a rub my hands over my eyelashes and face under the water and try and get all the excess off. Once the shower is done I apply straight witch hazel toner and Physicians Formula Creams.
I have had no issues with rashes or reactions. This is not a traditional foaming cleanser that leaves a sqeaky feeling. I don't think I would recommend it for really oily skin because so many with oily skin like that drier after feeling. I have read that orange oil it very gentle and has mild antiseptic properties.
Skincare is a person by person thing, what works for me, or what I like might not work for you or be what you like. If you have the issues I have with finding stuff that doesn't irritate the skin, is readily available, reasonably priced, and performs reasonably well, you stick with it until the discontinue it out from under you.
EDIT: I took off one lippie mostly because I can't use this every day, my skin needs a day or so in between. The pleasant oil it leaves behind is great, but needs to be broken through every few days and then I am fine, no build up. It isn't a perfect product, I don't think a perfect, non-drying cleanser exists. I am not looking for one to replace the need for moisturizer, I am just hoping to find something that doesn't make me feel like my skin is trying to pull off of my skull :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by hurricanenika

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this in the mornings. It's got a great wake-up-face-the-day smell (I have this thing with oranges.. my toner is orange-scented too, and I eat Cutie clementines like there's no tomorrow!), and it gently clears my face of overnight gunk without stripping it down. That being said, my skin DOES need something a little stronger, which is why I use L'Oreal Skin Genesis Gel Cleanser at night, It's a good balance, and my skin is happy. It can take a bit to get used to the consistency, but it's very pleasant. I took advice from another reviewer, and the other night I just rubbed it in circles around my face while watching an episode of "The Office," and said reviewer was right, this really pulls out gunk if you give it enough time! (But I don't have 30 minutes to spare in the morning.) I give it a 4 simply because yes, it really works, but it takes time, time I don't usually have. However I would buy it again!

PS- Like many of you, this product "accidentally" landed on my tongue... and yeah, it actually tasted really good... hahaha.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Candy_Floss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is not good. Thankfully I bought it in the US where it is not that expensive, around 8 bucks, apparentely in the UK it is like 12 pounds which is totally not worth for what it is. OK pros and cons:

+ smells nice and uplifting, makes skin soft

- STINGS your eyes when you remove make up, doesnt remove your make up that well. Even non waterproof mascara is not that easy to remove with it.

Definetely not repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am surprised by the general low reviews on this product. I think this may be due to people expecting a different result from it than what it is meant to do. This is NOT a good produt if you have acne-prone skin- it may dry it out, or (more likely) do nothing. This is for people with fairly normal-ish skin. I have dry skin, and I have been happily using this product for years now. It smells great, and is very simple, and just leaves my skin feeling refreshed, and washed. It does not feel like you are using harsh chemicals on your skin (because you aren't), which is great. Some people do not like the consistency, so make sure you are okay with putting a product on your face that feels a bit sticky, and does not "foam" up like many facial cleansers. This does not bother me, as the product rinses off and does not leave residue. The tube is also reasonably priced and lasts a fairly long time. Totally recommended.