July 31, 2014 | 2068 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Orange Essence Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 4:07:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh my, this is my new favorite! I have been using the Aveeno Ultra Calming Cleanser and when I tried the Orange Essence Facial Cleanser, I never went back. It smells wonderful ~ it's the best citrus scent I have ever smelled.

I use this with a wash cloth and it doesn't lather, so you need to use a bit more product than normal. I've been going through a tube a month. But, I don't care because I look forward to using this refreshing product every morning. I have one tube at the master sink and another in my shower. Also, I use the Burt's Bees citrus scrub, so it's a winning combination. I will buy this again, and it's my new favorite...

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2010 10:59:00 AM More reviews by tina1602

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Never again!!! I really tried liking this product. I've heard so many good things about the brand. I used this for 5 days and it broke me out so horribly!!! I have combo oil skin and it just was a triple dose of oil everytime I used this product. Not worth it!!!! Don't recommend for oily skin....

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 1:34:00 AM More reviews by itsariot487

By far the best cleanser I've used as of yet! I was a bit iffy paying $7.99 for such a small amount, but I learned you definitely don't need much. When I first used it I was like omg why isn't this lathering! Silly me, I used a bit more of the product, and then I had that "D'Oh!" moment, when I realized it wasn't supposed to. All that aside, I do have naturally oily skin, but the cleansers' oily texture bothered me none. It left my face hydrated, soft, and feeling CLEAN, without that annoying dry squeaky cleaness of most cleansers. I like to rub it in circles all over my face, then let it sit for 5-10 minutes, and rinse with cold water. I don't know if that makes any difference, it's just the way I like to do it. The best part was it made my face glow! I'm partially convinced it's reducing the appearance of some scarring, but I could be delusional. Either way it made my skin look good, so I was feeling good, definitely will buy this stuff again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by alziebaba

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this product! 100% natural ingredients, smells heavenly, doesn't make you feel tight or oily, and really gets all the greasepaint off. HG status. Has not contributed to breakouts and has reduced presence of the usual culprit, makeup residue. As for claims of smaller pores, I don't think it works that way in one use, but over time it seems to cut down the amount of stuff left in my pores, minimizing them. Will buy again and again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2010 9:58:00 AM More reviews by rara1154

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i dont think that it did much for me. I got it in the head to toe kitand when it comes out its a orange gell but if you touch it all you get is oil. it felt nice on my sikin and afterwards but i dont think it helped clear my acne. and other people said there pores shrunk. I disagree. On my forhead i have very large pores and after i used it they did not looks smaller.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 9:24:00 AM More reviews by urbandecaychick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This product is amazing. My skin really enjoys the "film" it leaves. The products foams very lightly, almost lotion-like, but still with a feeling of rubbing jam. This product is like following the oil cleansing method. I get a lot of hardened sebum on my nose and forehead. This product really loosens the gunk. Sometimes I can feel rolls of hardened sebum coming out. After I rinse, I *gently* use my towel to rub off the rest of my gunk that has been risen to due massaging the product. My pores look smaller since using this. I really would recommend to anyone whose skin gets tight no matter what they use, even castille soap, and has lots of gunk in need to be pushed out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Tycho3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My mom gave me this and I love it! If you have dry skin and hate the tight feeling after washing your face, you will love this. I have to slather on loads of cream immediately after I wash my face but with this, you feel more moisturized after. It smells great and just feels so good. It almost dissolves into your skin before you wash it off. I would imagine people with oily/acne prone skin would not like the oily feeling of this, but for dry skin it's amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 5:01:00 PM More reviews by cheyennebeverley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite cleansers. It smells exactly like oranges, and if you look on the ingredients, you could even eat it. Not that you'd want to....but you could. haha
To use it, I wash and dry my hands, and then I rub it into my skin for about a minute and I rinse off with warm water.
I like it because I have dry combo skin, and it doesn't make my face feel really tight afterwards. My face feels clean, yet not completely dried out. I'd suggest this to anyone with dry/combo skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 1:59:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Feels and smells like cleansing with jam. I find it works best if I let it sit and spend extra time massaging it over my skin. It allows the oils and fruit enzymes to really melt away any makeup and sunscreen. I remove the product with a moistened cotton pad before rinsing, otherwise I'm left with too much hydration from the oils. For combination to oily skintypes or those who like more of a squeaky clean feel, I'd recommend following up with an astringent/toner as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2010 8:54:00 AM More reviews by kiwikiwidragon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Let me start by saying I have uber sensitive skin, most products give me either contact dermatitis or some other rash type erruption that looks like tiny clear blisters under the skin in tight little formations that burst and leave scaley dry patches (nice, I know). Most moisturizers burn like fire when applied or give the above mentioned effects.
All that being said, I was using Kirks Castile Soap to wash my face at this point, but this winter, having to change my moisturizer due to it being discontinued etc, etc, the soap was now too drying for my skin, that is already uber dry. I had used this once or twice in the past, and really didn't understand it. Now I am back to it, I am quite happy with it.
I use it on a cellulose sponge at the end of the shower when all my makeup has had a chance to soften up. I apply it in a circular motion and then swipe over each eye and then under each eye, all with eyes tightly shut! Then a rub my hands over my eyelashes and face under the water and try and get all the excess off. Once the shower is done I apply straight witch hazel toner and Physicians Formula Creams.
I have had no issues with rashes or reactions. This is not a traditional foaming cleanser that leaves a sqeaky feeling. I don't think I would recommend it for really oily skin because so many with oily skin like that drier after feeling. I have read that orange oil it very gentle and has mild antiseptic properties.
Skincare is a person by person thing, what works for me, or what I like might not work for you or be what you like. If you have the issues I have with finding stuff that doesn't irritate the skin, is readily available, reasonably priced, and performs reasonably well, you stick with it until the discontinue it out from under you.
EDIT: I took off one lippie mostly because I can't use this every day, my skin needs a day or so in between. The pleasant oil it leaves behind is great, but needs to be broken through every few days and then I am fine, no build up. It isn't a perfect product, I don't think a perfect, non-drying cleanser exists. I am not looking for one to replace the need for moisturizer, I am just hoping to find something that doesn't make me feel like my skin is trying to pull off of my skull :)